Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 126244
Hi everyone,
I live in Silveton Oregon, a small town a few miles away Silver Creek Falls state park. Silver Falls is Oregon’s largest state park and home to ten of the most amazing waterfalls I’ve ever seen.

Last year after my VW Gti engine blew, I decided to go a different route and started looking at trucks. I love full size trucks, but decided for doing adventures and lots of trips to the mountain, that the Tacoma would be a great choice.

I have a 2017 TRD off-road Tacoma that I’ve been enjoying quite a bit. Last winter I took it up to Mt Hood countless times to go snowboarding and it performed great.

It’s also been a great vehicle to load up the mt bikes and just take off.

The truck has already seen many adventures, but mostly all on road. I’ve gone to Grand Canyon with 5 people, and other short trips with my wife.

After much research I just purchased the Freespirit rooftop tent and also got the extra thermal liner. I plan to do many snow camping trips this winter. This spring I plan to start what I would consider some short and longer overland trips.

Anyway, happy to be here and part of this community.

Michael
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New guy checking in from WV. I've been building a Jeep for a couple of years now and have taken it from WV to the North East a few times. I'm slowly getting back into Overlanding and working on modifying the Jeep to fit those needs. The Jeep has been great so far and I'm looking forward to more trips with it.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
View attachment 126097

2) Location: USA/WV
3) Rig: 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice to Intermediate. It's been a long time since I've done much Overlanding.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: wvjeeper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,
Been a observer (stalker) for quite a while and decided to finally join!
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
View attachment 125996
View attachment 125997
2) Location - Colorado Springs, CO
3) Rig - 2012 Jeep Wrangler
4) Overlanding Experience Background - I'd say Intermediate. Completed the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route in September 2019 with a great group of friends as my first major trip.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy, I'm new to the "overlanding" thing, most of my previous experience with the great outdoors is tent and hammock camping, but my wife and I are looking into travel trailers to take with us that have a little more amenities, but are tough enough for crappy back roads.
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Houston, Texas

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

we are happy and excited to be part of this great community.
I would love to learn from your experiences and and special sights.
We were travelling in an old Mercedes G-Class we bought from Swiss Military. As we are now 3 we needed to upgrade to a 4 seated car :-)

1) Pictures:
Here our Mercedes 230GE from 1990:

View attachment 125827

View attachment 125829

and our new project - Mercedes G320 from 1996:

View attachment 125828

2) Germany, Munich area
3) Mercedes G320, LWB, W463, 1996
4) Bulgaria, Turkey

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Robert OB 33/48

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all.
Viv here from Margaret River, West Australia. We (me, wife, kids and sometimes the lazy hound) have been overlanding for about 2 years. We got into it mainly for the children (7,4) so we could get them out and about, reality is, we probably do it for ourselves....
Have a 2005 Nissan Patrol, fairly stock. We travel as light as possible using a touring tent and stretcher bunks. The best thing is just getting out there and exploring whether it be a weekend trip or a 2 week mission.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, my name is Shane im from the Western NC area. I have been offroading most my life and camping all my life so I figured why not combine the two. My rig is a 99 XJ with 6.5 lift and 35's.. it has made quite the transformation in a short amount of time but still alot of work left to do. Looking forward to meeting some members and exploring new places.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 125770View attachment 125770 Finally got my profile set up. 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro, (old picture), with skids and sliders...and a tent. Northern VA.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

WeGoPlacez

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ogden, UT, USA
First Name
Jessica
Last Name
Shaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HBA

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Thanks so much Kent, we know Cendee, Jason, and Aaron! Been on a few meetups already! Just had trouble with the app (user error) ‍♀.

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey ya!
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you! We have a few trips being planned currently and a few on the books! We have a very active Facebook presence if interested. Overland Bound- Willamette Valley

My husband Roy and I are you local member reps and are happy to help whenever possible!

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi all, Michael from Newberg, OR. I just found out about Overlanding via a local veteran's group this year, and bought a 2000 Toyota Tacoma to learn technical driving and build out a vehicle. I've upgraded the brakes and suspension so far, researching what to do next. My goals are just to spend more time in the outdoors, and to learn a bunch of new stuff.

My current truck with a truck tent on it until I figure out what bed rack/RTT to choose:
View attachment 123688

Hey ya!
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you! We have a few trips being planned currently and a few on the books! We have a very active Facebook presence if interested. Overland Bound- Willamette Valley

My husband Roy and I are you local member reps and are happy to help whenever possible!

SWORKS

Rank I

Contributor III

Rockford, IL
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Paulson
Hello quick introduction, new to overlanding via a 4 wheel vehicle, but have been doing it on motorcycles, both dual sport and sport bikes for years. Started a 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro4X build this year after I broke it in with 5K miles on it. Scratches are character... Plan to do lots of trip unfortunately there are no areas near me so will be doing some miles to enjoy the beautiful outdoors. Have for lack of a better word, wondered into Wonderlost at a car wash and have really enjoyed the films you two have put together. Looking forward to meeting some of you in the future. IMG_8442.jpgIMG_8439.jpgIMG_8769.PNG

Agent1825

Rank I

Contributor III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Gentry
Hello Overland Bound community. I am brand new to Overland Bound and overlanding in general. Going to be heading out with some buddies late February 2020 to give the Mojave Road a shot and see what it's all about. My starting platform in a 2006 F-250 which I have owned since new, done nothing to and only put 60k miles on in the last 13 years. Looking forward to getting out there and exploring.

Super_Duty

Rank IV

Influencer II

TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Ryl
Member #

Hi,
Im Mike from south central texas,
I just bought a 2002 f-250 4x4 , that im building up for off road
I have gone camping with my family often while growing up in a small rural town in northwest ohio
My life has been a big adventure but i want to see more roads that are less traveled
Big bend national forest looks great to me, pikes peak, and alaska etc.

Here is my project truck...Screenshot_20191102-153006.png