Launch Member

Member I

Silverton, OR, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Hey everyone! Just signed up for the free account (looking into the paid options now). Looking to get my 3 boys (7, 3, 2) and the wife outdoors more often. Hard being in Sarasota, FL where it is SO HOT all the time. Went with some neighbors to Ocala National Forest last year with our oldest boys and had a great time. Looking for some more adventures we can take the family on in the surrounding area.
When I was younger and naive I figured kids would slow me down from doing cool thing and living my dreams. However, quickly realized they are the best motivators to live with passion and intention and to pass on the love for outdoors living to the fullest!
I’m sure you will figure out ways to have a blast in the heat, or to escape it.
Welcome :)

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @overmadlad, welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a reoccurring meet up in Gilbert. It typically happens towards the end of the month and given that holidays fall around that time of the month for the next two months there may be a break in the meet up schedule.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

taco_tent

Rank 0

Contributor I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Powers
Pretty new to the overland community, Have a 2013 Tacoma with a Yakima Skyrise 3. Moved from Ohio to Phoenix, Arizona so i'm excited to explore a new area. Went to Asheville NC, Vail CO, Sylvan lake SD, Bighorn National park, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, and Zion on my way out here. Uploaded a few of my favorite photos.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Daniel (@taco_tent ), welcome from Oklahoma. Nice set up and some great views there.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a reoccurring meet up in Gilbert. It typically happens towards the end of the month and given that holidays fall around that time of the month for the next two months there may be a break in the meet up schedule.

Contributor I

First Name
leroy
Last Name
Cordova
Good afternoon, LeRoy here from S. Florida. Apparently I've been overlanding for years? (Living in a car, LOL) Thank you for the membership status and I do look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. I know many people that have seen more than most in a dodge caravan. Fuel, camera, water, beef jerky and desire. Can't wait to meet up, L.

WeGoPlacez

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ogden, UT, USA
First Name
Jessica
Last Name
Shaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HBA
Checking in from San Antonio, Texas! I've been building up my Jeep in the last two years. Since then I've taken trips to Big Bend, Grand Canyon, Moab, and various National parks in the area. Can't wait to explore some more!

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU

View attachment 126754
Not a bad view

Ozarklander

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ozarks
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Snavely
What's up everyone!
I appreciate the add to the group. My name's Dustin and you'll usually find me running around the Ozarks (SWMO / NWAR).
New to overlanding but not to camping and exploring.
Drive a 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 - She's not setup for overlanding but can get me anywhere I want to go.
Looking forward to learning from the community!

mefreer

Rank II

Contributor III

Shingle Springs CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Freer
Member #

My name is Mike Freer, I live in Shingle Springs CA. I currently am running a 1993 80 series Land Cruiser. I have been Overlanding since 1952. My family didn't call it that, we were just going camping out of our car and traveling as far as we could go. My dad would make a bed in the car for travelling, we slept in a canvas tent or outside on the ground. Purchased my first Jeep in 1978, had two of those, and have had an 90 Ford Centurion, 1991 Land Cruiser and now have my 1993 LC. I also have a truck cab over camper, Honda Pioneer and trail horses. Lots of outdoor travel in different kinds of vehicles.20140205_173009.jpg20190820_140558.jpg20190820_140558.jpg

Gilly

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hi all,

I am in the western valley of the Phoenix area. Like to meet up with others in the area for day trips and overnights when the weather is nice. I am new to AZ rock crawling but I have a decent idea of what is needed to Overland, been doing my homework. Good in snow but moved to AZ to stay away from snow.

2019 TRD Offroad
Sliders are out for powder coating now.
Have most of my emergency gear, portable air and basic camping gear but still outfitting.

Tuscon has an active group but would like a group a little closer to home.

Hope to meet up in the near future.

Dave

Jolly Green

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oregon City, OR, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Schadewitz
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7ATH
Thank you for the add! Old to off grid camping, new to over landing and hold my own wheeling. 2009 JKUR custom 3.5” long arm , D60 rear HD44 front with RCV’s.
Jumping Jack trailer. Lots of little mods.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for the add! Old to off grid camping, new to over landing and hold my own wheeling. 2009 JKUR custom 3.5” long arm , D60 rear HD44 front with RCV’s.
Jumping Jack trailer. Lots of little mods.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

Reactions: Jolly Green

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

I am in the western valley of the Phoenix area. Like to meet up with others in the area for day trips and overnights when the weather is nice. I am new to AZ rock crawling but I have a decent idea of what is needed to Overland, been doing my homework. Good in snow but moved to AZ to stay away from snow.

2019 TRD Offroad
Sliders are out for powder coating now.
Have most of my emergency gear, portable air and basic camping gear but still outfitting.

Tuscon has an active group but would like a group a little closer to home.

Hope to meet up in the near future.

Dave

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a monthly Phoenix meet-up that your regional director can give you information on.

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Mike Freer, I live in Shingle Springs CA. I currently am running a 1993 80 series Land Cruiser. I have been Overlanding since 1952. My family didn't call it that, we were just going camping out of our car and traveling as far as we could go. My dad would make a bed in the car for travelling, we slept in a canvas tent or outside on the ground. Purchased my first Jeep in 1978, had two of those, and have had an 90 Ford Centurion, 1991 Land Cruiser and now have my 1993 LC. I also have a truck cab over camper, Honda Pioneer and trail horses. Lots of outdoor travel in different kinds of vehicles.View attachment 126775View attachment 126776View attachment 126776

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in your area if you are interested, it is on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting. NEW LOCATION
If you have any questions about this meet-up message @Kent R on the forum.

Your Regional Director is @Narbob and the closest Member Representative is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone new member,
Savannah GA
05 VW Touareg- V8 ctr diff lock Awd quattro trans
Exp- have been offroad in the past 3-4 times in the central US, new to overlanding. Not trying to abuse my rig but im not affraid of getting close to the limit. Looking forward to having a blast exploring.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What's up everyone!
I appreciate the add to the group. My name's Dustin and you'll usually find me running around the Ozarks (SWMO / NWAR).
New to overlanding but not to camping and exploring.
Drive a 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 - She's not setup for overlanding but can get me anywhere I want to go.
Looking forward to learning from the community!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative is @BlueLineOverland In Ozark.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

View attachment 126244
Hi everyone,
I live in Silveton Oregon, a small town a few miles away Silver Creek Falls state park. Silver Falls is Oregon’s largest state park and home to ten of the most amazing waterfalls I’ve ever seen.

Last year after my VW Gti engine blew, I decided to go a different route and started looking at trucks. I love full size trucks, but decided for doing adventures and lots of trips to the mountain, that the Tacoma would be a great choice.

I have a 2017 TRD off-road Tacoma that I’ve been enjoying quite a bit. Last winter I took it up to Mt Hood countless times to go snowboarding and it performed great.

It’s also been a great vehicle to load up the mt bikes and just take off.

The truck has already seen many adventures, but mostly all on road. I’ve gone to Grand Canyon with 5 people, and other short trips with my wife.

After much research I just purchased the Freespirit rooftop tent and also got the extra thermal liner. I plan to do many snow camping trips this winter. This spring I plan to start what I would consider some short and longer overland trips.

Anyway, happy to be here and part of this community.

Michael
Welcome Michael!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region has a FB page. The Willamette Valley area also has a separate FB page you might consider joining.

@Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are your local Member Reps in the Willamette Valley area and have quite a few events planned!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello!
2) Location PDX, OR
3) Rig: Chevy Colorado, 2017
4) Overlanding Experience Background: New-ish (lots of back forest road driving, new to kitting a rig)
Maybe when not a work I'll post a pic ;P
Welcome!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

@Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are your local Member Reps in the Willamette Valley area and always have something planned!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ambrose (@aCeMedic13 ), welcome from Oklahoma. Originally from west Texas with deep roots in your part of Texas.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a reoccurring meetup in Round Rock, the next one is scheduled for Dec 7th. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/
I know it's not real close to SA, but then again in Texas close is a relative term.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.