Enthusiast II

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Dickson
Member #

Hey all,

Just moved to the Reno from the Bay Area and am really enjoying the wide open space. I'n newer to overlanding, but have always been into cars, Jeeps and camping, so a natural fit. My wife and two young girls have been thrilled to go on short trail rides or multi-day adventures and would love to connect with other families doing the same. .

I have also started a website dedicated to off roading and overlanding, selling gear, offering reviews and detailing projects and trips. Would love to get feedback from the group on the site and what we could do to help others in offroad adventures. Check out www.sidetrek.co We are trying to focus on making overlanding accessible for any budget, so will have most major gear available in three budget ranges to accommodate all variety of adventurers. We are also offering a rewards program where you get points for every purchase and those points convert to savings on future purchases, which can be helpful when the wish list gets long. Drop me a line if you have comments or suggestions. Once we are ready to start promoting I'll offer a intro discount to Overland Bound Members.

Rig: 2001 Jeep Cherokee - 3" Lift, 31's, LSD.
Just inherited a XJ from a friend that passed away, so it's a special project and our reminder to live life to the fullest. It's my second XJ, but this one will be setup for overlanding with a family. Will be wrenching a bit through winter on a few projects and happy to connect with others doing the same.

Cheers,

Andrew

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi All,

My name is Bjoern and I joined Overlandbound recently. I am an overlander, currently based in Europe. A few words to introduce myself:

Since my birth I am a globetrotter and adventurer, grew up with camping and traveling with my parents. Later, the travels became longer and more challenging, more remote places on the beautiful planet Earth, both with dualsport motorcycles and 4x4.
Over 20 years of intensive travel on motorcycles and 4x4s in Africa, Asia, North America, Europe ... coupled with a "always wanting to know what's behind the corner", has led to some experience in the preparation and doing short- & Long term travel as well as knowledge especially when it comes to the different concepts of equipment of four-wheel drive vehicles and motorcycles as well as outdoor equipment, travel guide, outdoor photography, writing publications and presenting picture lectures of the experience...
I am always looking for challenges and new experiences in the fields of overlanding, adventure travel, outdoor, expeditions, rallyracing and much more.

Now I am very happy to be here at Overlandbound and I am looking forward to good conversations and meeting nice people.

Safe travels,
Bjoern

Last edited:

TNjohn

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Kingston, TN, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Caudle
Member #

Hey Gang,

Thanks for the add. I'm John and I live in East TN... Kingston to be exact.
I drive a 2019 Nissan SV 4X4 and converted a small boat trailer into a trailer to haul our gear. Have more to do to the trailer but we did take it for a week of camping in Colorado 2 weeks ago.
I've camped most of my life but technically new to the overlanding thing. I have quite a bit of off-roading experience from my days growing up in Arkansas and I owned side x side vehicles for a few years. The 9 year old in the photo is my ex-girl friend's son. He an I have been camping since he was 4 but we've mostly just camped in KOA type sites and a wanting to get into some "off-grid" camping as well so looking at various ideas.

Attachments

Last edited:

Contributor I

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Landon
Last Name
Weeks
Been lurking the overland sites for years and finally made an account...

Landon here, and recently bought a '96 LX450 from an older guy that collected them. Had a nice Jeep Tj before and and now starting to get more into the overlanding aspect. Located in Louisiana, so always have to drive a ways to see some good trails.

Attachments

reallifebydan

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Elma, NY, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Marks
Member #

Hello All,
My name is Dan and I’m in Buffalo, NY. I’m a novice overlander with no experience outside of good old fashion tent camping. I do have a ton of experience building out vehicles as I’m a 5th generation owner/operator of 2 auto recycling facilities in Buffalo. My current “rig” also daily is a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. Only mods are: 2.5” leveling kit (spacers in front, blocks and shocks in the rear), aux lighting, and a Leer cap. My goal for 2020 is to convince my amazing wife that we don’t have to lug around our 32’ travel trailer to enjoy the outdoors. The plan is to do some minor mods to make the truck more accommodating to being base camp (ie. Inverter, fridge/freezer, etc.) and for long haul travel with our 2 daughters (ages 2 & 4). If all goes well, we will sell the travel trailer and begin building out a dedicated overland rig; leaning towards a JLU Rubicon or a 4Runner TRD off road. Really looking forward to learning and hope my automotive expertise can be an asset to other members.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey all,

Just moved to the Reno from the Bay Area and am really enjoying the wide open space. I'n newer to overlanding, but have always been into cars, Jeeps and camping, so a natural fit. My wife and two young girls have been thrilled to go on short trail rides or multi-day adventures and would love to connect with other families doing the same. .

I have also started a website dedicated to off roading and overlanding, selling gear, offering reviews and detailing projects and trips. Would love to get feedback from the group on the site and what we could do to help others in offroad adventures. Check out www.sidetrek.co We are trying to focus on making overlanding accessible for any budget, so will have most major gear available in three budget ranges to accommodate all variety of adventurers. We are also offering a rewards program where you get points for every purchase and those points convert to savings on future purchases, which can be helpful when the wish list gets long. Drop me a line if you have comments or suggestions. Once we are ready to start promoting I'll offer a intro discount to Overland Bound Members.

Just inherited a XJ from a friend that passed away, so it's a special project and our reminder to live life to the fullest. It's my second XJ, but this one will be setup for overlanding with a family. Will be wrenching a bit through winter on a few projects and happy to connect with others doing the same.

Cheers,

Andrew
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for bound-meetups.24/events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being plan by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-
httphttps://s://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

The Reno Overlanding Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details.
www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reno-overlanding-meets-and-runs.17576/

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @HappyOurOverlanding or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Tail Squad

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

7629 Kiana Drive, Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Adley
Last Name
Benson
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Located in the beautiful state of Colorado towards the Springs area. My rig is a 2000 Jeep wrangler, 4.0l I6. I am extremely new to overlanding, but I am here to learn and make some amazing new adventures.

Attachments

Marco4X4

Rank 0

Contributor I

Gran Canaria, Spain
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Meienberg
Hello I'm Marco. Texan in my heart, swiss raised and living on the spanish Island of Gran Canaria.
I like to travel (@ the moment just on the black stuff) and enjoy the beauty of the nature.
In the next months I'll buy a Jeep, most likely a ZJ with the 4.0 to discover more of the island.

Ready for action!

Best regards Marco

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey all,

Cheers,

Andrew
I just replied to you on the Reno Thread... Welcome again. Looks like you have a wealth of knowledge that would be of benefit to Overlanders. Look forward to meeting you.

slowand4low

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Stockton, Ca
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Hello everyone, im Nick. Im located in the Central Valley, California. Im fairly new to offroading and overlanding, but im not new to camping and the outdoors. Got a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk a little over a year ago and have a few trips under my belt so far. Loving what the thing can do and the places it can get me. Looking forward to gathering some knowledge and meeting some amazing people in the process. Glad to be a part of this communityIMG_4144.jpg

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello everyone, im Nick. Im located in the Central Valley, California. Im fairly new to offroading and overlanding, but im not new to camping and the outdoors. Got a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk a little over a year ago and have a few trips under my belt so far. Loving what the thing can do and the places it can get me. Looking forward to gathering some knowledge and meeting some amazing people in the process. Glad to be a part of this communityView attachment 123389

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @TOMB or me, your Regional Director, @Narbob

• Haha
Reactions: PapaDave and Kent R

Kentek

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Ek
Member #

Hello Kent (@Kentek ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for the North Central Texas Meet and Greet in Round Rock.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thanks, already feeling welcome. I plan to attend the North Central TX meetup in Dec. Austin Celtic Festival on Nov 2, plus it’s the F1 weekend.
Cheers

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Joe Barandon
Beaumont Ca.

Rig: 2012 Tundra 4wd
Overland Exp: desert racing

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested great group of people. https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Dominic OB0158 or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Kent R

O2Thrp

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Missouri and Kansas
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Ward
Member #

My name is Steve, I retired my old XJ due to body fatigue and hope to transfer the parts to a Comanche pick up someday.
As for now, I'm starting back into the outdoor/Overlanding community with a 2017 stock GMC Canyon Denali.
I have a fair amount of trail experience from Telico, NC to Moab, UT and have led club runs over many of Colorado's trails.
I live in Missouri, work in Kansas, and have recently spent most of my free weekends camping in Arkansas and Colorado. I guess that makes me a part of multiple US regions (lucky for me)
Work still takes a large bite out of my life, but I intend to make the most of my free time getting back to what I love and to decompress from the city grind.

The old...
321-vi.jpg

The new...
PA201019.JPG
As is said here, "Adventure is Necessary". I guess I just forgot that for a while.

BDunkle

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Dunkle
Member #

Service Branch
TEXSAR
NAME: Brian Dunkle
RIG: 1989 Trooper
EXPERIENCE: New to Overlanding (Not to camping, Outdoors, etc)

I bought the Trooper new in 1989 just now getting around to building it... This pic is pre-lift... I will update pic when the current round of mods is complete.

Trooper.png

Last edited: