Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hey everyone.

View attachment 122284

I'm in San Luis Obispo/Los Osos.

00 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ

Not new to Overlanding but not an expert by any means. Always learning and changing things up. Most of my trips have been solo.
Hi and welcome from Australia fellow WJ overlander...I have the 03 4.7 HO Overland!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

APAxCAD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

kincorth, Aberdeen
First Name
David
Last Name
Sutherland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AB125
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Thanks Kent,
Ave been in touch, will be joining the Crew for a weekend at the highest pub in Scotland. Allow us to get winter ready for a big winter trip North Coast of Scotland over the New Year
Cheers
David

boz4rnr

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bosma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6BOZ
Greetings! I’m excited to take my very limited overland experience to the next level. In the past I’ve used a very lightly modified (more for general off-road performance/capability) 99 4Runner SR5 for “vehicle based camping” in the past. Loved every minute of it - but ran short of time and funds.
I am now the proud owner of a stock 2019 4Runner Off Road Premium w/KDSS and have a list of performance mods in the works/plans, along with a new focus on legitimate overlanding gear/capability.
Based in the SF Bay Area - love areas like Death Valley, Yosemite, etc. Currently looking for new places/ways to expand my knowledge/experience.

Attachments

Redneck7490

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Utah, USA
First Name
Buck
Last Name
Rollins
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Currently you are in the Rocky Mountain Region but when you move you will be in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

The South East Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan and the Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Cendee . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.
Thanks for the info Kent!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, Randy from Southern California. Not a novice but not an expert overlander. I have a Hummer H3 that is pretty well set up for trails, camping & the hard stuff. Look forward to meeting fellow enthusiasts. I frequent Anza Borrego, Mojave, & Death Valley.
View attachment 123227

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm Chris from Ipswich Queensland Australia.
I drive a Toyota Land cruise 79Series 2017 model have set it up mailly for over landing, but love to hit the hard tracks when I get the chance

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings! I’m excited to take my very limited overland experience to the next level. In the past I’ve used a very lightly modified (more for general off-road performance/capability) 99 4Runner SR5 for “vehicle based camping” in the past. Loved every minute of it - but ran short of time and funds.
I am now the proud owner of a stock 2019 4Runner Off Road Premium w/KDSS and have a list of performance mods in the works/plans, along with a new focus on legitimate overlanding gear/capability.
Based in the SF Bay Area - love areas like Death Valley, Yosemite, etc. Currently looking for new places/ways to expand my knowledge/experience.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Reactions: boz4rnr

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All! Excited to be a member! I look forward to connecting!

My operating base is in Hillsborough North Carolina
My current rig is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport S. Completely factory except for the K02's... :) I ordered it with the 6 speed manual transmission. Love it but miss my FJ80...
My Overlanding experience is I have been camping since I was a child with my family. I have been off roading for most of my driving life as well and I'm old... (45) I would say that I am a solid Novice. Ha!

Cheers!!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys! I'm Zach and I am In northern Colorado. I'm just getting into this whole overloading thing. I've got an '03 Ford Ranger that is my daily driver and a tent. I've done plenty of camping, including backpacking trips, and of course family car camping trips when I was a kid. So on that side of things, I'm pretty experienced, but I'm really looking forward to getting out of the Parking Lot campgrounds afforded by many National Parks and try getting to places that require, lets say, a bit higher ground clearance.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2003 F150 FX4
Next Vehicle: BJ74 13BT Manual
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Exploration, escape, beautiful views, community . . . .

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: Polaris Overland

slowrider

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bedford, NH, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Hirnak
Member #

Hi,

I'm Kevin and I'm from NH. Just sort of recently got interested in overlanding. I've been "adventure" riding for 15 or so years, but I guess I'm tired of sleeping on the ground :)
I just have a 2 door Jeep for now, but I kind of look forward to adding a trailer/tent and some option of carrying a small dirt bike & mountain bikes.

IMG_5064.JPG

JStern_237

Rank 0

Contributor I

Washington, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stern
Welcome Josh! What part of WA? I'm on Whidbey Island (2 hours north of Seattle).

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area. Like the meetup at Samish Overlook on November 1st!
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Thanks Gabe! Appreciate the response.

I’m in the Snoqualmie area but get up to a Whidbey pretty often.

Thanks for the great info. I’ll definitely hit you up.

Josh

JStern_237

Rank 0

Contributor I

Washington, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stern
Welcome Josh! What part of WA? I'm on Whidbey Island (2 hours north of Seattle).

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area. Like the meetup at Samish Overlook on November 1st!
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Thanks Gabe! Appreciate the response.

I’m in the Snoqualmie area but get up to a Whidbey pretty often.

Thanks for the great info. I’ll definitely hit you up.

Josh

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hello,
Here is my Truck that I use for campaign in Scotland.
Defender 90 TD5
Just me and the dog.
The truck started life with me as a offroader, Q&T hardened axles, Air lockers, then I change it use to overlander
I spend a load of time upgrading the Interior to allow me to sleep in the truck in winter weather & be comfortable with Cooking.

Looking forward to TWO winter trips in Scotland UK with the crew, hoping for some Snow :)
See you at Wanlockhead this weekend