Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Miguel from Vancouver Island British Columbia.

Current rig: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser TT

Experience: Plenty of camping on foot. Just got a RTT and want to make plenty use of it.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ken here in Cherryville, NC. Been camping, car camping, hiking and generally loving the outdoors all my life. Been doing the Scout thing for about 15 years now in a number of roles - Den Leader, Scoutmaster, Charter Organization Rep, District Vice Chair - on and on.

New to the "Overlanding" lifestyle. Things changed for me when a black bear tried to crawl in the hammock with me about 2 am in the Pisgah National Forest. Needless to say, I was spooked and decided to go up on the roof. Well, that required a new ride. My new ride - 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP. So far, I have added King shocks, SCS wheels, BFG 285s, Front Runner Rack, Hi-Viz RTT and ARB fridge. Only problem - not seeing any end in sight (just too many goodies). Looking forward to getting involved.

View attachment 122265
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member from Dallas, TX.

Current rig: 2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon + Opus Offroad (4 sleeper)

Experience: Never been off-roading, some camping experience. If you count camping around Ring Road in Iceland for 10 days as overlanding, then i do have some experience.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! My name is Joffrey Hammit. I am from the Arizona, originally from Prescott but I attend school in Phoenix. I currently drive a 2003 Dodge Dakota, and although it is not exactly what one would think to drive when Overlanding, but it has worked well for me so far and I think that is all that matters! When it comes to Overlanding experience, I would probably be considered more of a novice, but I am excited to gain more experience with Overlanding.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2007 FJ Cruiser
Experience: Lots of backcountry camping but very little off road and overland style camping.

Don't hesitate to contact your closest Regional Director @Kent R for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, Gustavo from Argentina (Buenos Aires province)
vehicle: Jeep Wrangler JK 2014 unlimited.

I'm researching to build an off road trail camper (using those amazing australian ones as reference)

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Kent R for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Tundra. This is my daily driver and I’m just starting to build the rig for trips while being functional for everyday use.
Experience: novice! I enjoy the outdoors and this is just the next step for adventure! Recently went to the Overland East Expo and I’m hooked! Excited for my first outing soon.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Another new guy! been offroading for many years.. raced motorcycles (dirtbikes) and UTV's for Can Am in BITD and SCORE... getting to old for that stuff.. Done a fair amount of Adv riding and currently own a KTM 500-690 and 1190. Live in Tucson Az and just bought a 02 Mitsubishi Montero that Im building into an Overlander/Camp/4x4er... been to a couple of overlander expos and cant believe how popular its getting.. looking to meet and ride with many of my new friends!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

There is an active monthly meet-up in Tucson, contact @brien for more information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all I'm from Lincolnton, NC
I drive a 95 toyota Landcruiser.
Minimum experience "overlanding" but have loved camping and being in the outdoors all my life and also have been a boy scout leader for the past 11yearsView attachment 122086

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Great looking rig.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
From LA - Lower Alabama

View attachment 122049
1988 Isuzu Trooper LS - stock now, but have what I need for 2" lift, 16" Snowflake wheels and new tires - soon as I get time

Exp: Been camping & offroading a long time - want to mix the 2

-Ken

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone! I'm from Bethesda, Ohio and just began my overland journey! My passion began when watching Expedition Overland PanAmerican series on Youtube and is slowly becoming more than wishful thinking. I have a 2017 Tacoma and the Ms. is thinking about getting a 4Runner. Looking forward to the guidance & knowledge from everyone here!View attachment 121247

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all.. greetings from the Netherlands!

I'v been fortunate enough to travel many beautiful countries around the globe over the last 20 years or so.
Many of them were what we would now call in "Overland" style.
Just to name some of the trips i made:

I've been to Australia for almost 3 months exploring the outback and east coast in a Toyota Landcruiser Troopy camper,
1 month New Zealand camping and driving a Toyota Rav4,
2 weeks Iceland round trip and crossing the inland with a Nissan Patrol Y61,
Playing around on the Greenland icecap in wintertime with a MAN 4x4 truck,
Exploring Morocco in a 2 week 4x4 round trip crossing the Atlas Mountains and playing in the dunes a couple of days in an old Landcruiser,
and 3 times a 3 week trip in a Ford F350 truck camper exploring the beautifull Rocky Mountains in Canada and the US.

As for now.. i don't own an overlanding rig.. i'll have to do with my boring Nissan sedan,
but still made an epic road trip to Norway and Zweden this year,
driving as much of the scenic gravel backcountry roads i could find together with my girlfriend and the new RTT we bought this year.

So.. that's a little bit about me for now.

See you out there!

Steve.View attachment 121253View attachment 121254

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Robert OB 33/48

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi from the tip of Lake Michigan.

I'd been adveture touring the US by motorcycle until I had kids about a decade ago. I loved it and only get out about one week every other year to go out west, but that is pretty much an unacceptable amount of time to be out exploring. I've recently come around to the idea that I might be better off taking my 2012 GMC Sierra or my wife's Subaru Crosstrek (both are bone stock right now) and get out that way... plus I can take the family that way and wouldn't have to leave them for a week or two at a time to go travel.

Here are some photos of my favorite motorcycle that I miss about every day (KTM 640 Adventure)...

View attachment 121234

View attachment 121235

A slight error in judgement in trying to do a cross country trip in December. After being stranded for two days, I walked to a hardware store and bought machines screws and a drill. Once I had the tires studded, I was back underway.

View attachment 121236

This is what I have now... It's a 1999 DR350 with a 5.8 gallon tank made for a Honda 650L. It's not a highway machine like the 640 was, but it gets the job done off the main path.

View attachment 121237

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Joffrey (@joffreyhammit ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities. There are many members in/around Phoenix so you shouldn't have any problems getting together with like minded people in the area.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye our for the Phoenix East Valley meet up in Gilbert.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Karan (@NewTxJL ), welcome from Central Oklahoma. The Ouachita National Forest in Oklahoma and the Ozark NF and Ouachita NF in Arkansas are popular destinations for overlander in North Texas.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for the DFW Monthly meetup and hopefully they will have another one soon.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Artenen

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Harden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9NOB
Howdy Ryan here from Wisconsin! We enjoy overlanding in our group. My wife and I started overlanding with our 2015 Jeep Wrangler JK 2 door Rubicon a few years ago. Now we have a '18 JLUR built for whatever the trails throw at us.

See ya on the trails!
SWOT2.JPG

Flynn

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Huntley, IL, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Daley
Member #

Hello, I'm new here and new to "Overlanding". I have a 2005 Honda Pilot EX AWD that I'm looking to upgrade with front and rear armor bumpers, a cargo rack, winch, skid plates, and all new suspension with lift kit. Any recommendations on equipment, parts, and shops near me would be welcome and helpful. Also, any advice on workshops, youtube videos, or schools for a newb like me are also welcome. I currently live in Huntley, Illinois. I'm really excited to be here. Thanks!
-- Jim Daley, Huntley, IL

myque

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

66203 Shawnee, KS
First Name
michael
Last Name
Betz
Hi! This is my first post here. I just bought my 4th 4wd 'thing' 2 weeks ago, and I'm still outfitting it with armor, racks, safety gear, and convenience items. I've been known to mountain bike, jetski, waterski, SCUBA, snowboard, and even a little dirtbiking.

Some 'relevant' vehicles I have owned (or currently own):
1991 Suzuki sidekick
2001 Nissan Xterra
2014 Honda Rancher (TRX420) ATV
1999 Kawasaki KLR650 (dirtBike)
2019 Toyota Tacoma

I live in the Kansas City area.
Other than the KLR and the ATV I've never really gotten too 'dirty' before. The Tacoma will fix that. I'm looking forward to meeting up and heading out with some of my new OB Friends. I work in tech, so I REALLY enjoy unplugging, watching trees grow, listening to dirt, smelling my tent, and trying to figure out "How am I going to cook this?"