Launch Member

Contributor I

Conway, AR, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Barnett
Member #

Hello! My name is Ryan. I have been a bushcraft and hammock camper for a few years. I love going out in the woods and make camps and chill with a hammock, tarp and a small assortment of tools and cordage. I have recently realized that my Outback has more capabilities than I thought if I invest a bit. I recently picked up a roof top tent and and have the bug to go out and see what there is to see. Saving up for wheels and tires. Had encouragement that it can do what I need it to do from another member, so I am STOKED!

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Hello! My name is Ryan. I have been a bushcraft and hammock camper for a few years. I love going out in the woods and make camps and chill with a hammock, tarp and a small assortment of tools and cordage. I have recently realized that my Outback has more capabilities than I thought if I invest a bit. I recently picked up a roof top tent and and have the bug to go out and see what there is to see. Saving up for wheels and tires. Had encouragement that it can do what I need it to do from another member, so I am STOKED!
Welcome aboard

Reactions: Kent R

Black Swamp Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ohio, USA
First Name
Jamie
Last Name
Raines
Member #

Hello from Ohio/Michigan. We call West Central Ohio home (former home of the great black swamp) but spend a fair amount of time in the Eastern part of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I've enjoyed camping/hiking my whole life but am just getting into Overlanding. You can follow our families exploits on Instagram at @blackswampoverland. Our family friendly overland rig is a 2013 Ram 1500 with some light modifications. While in the U.P. we also like to have fun in our 1990 Geo Tracker, lovingly refered to as the #uptyhoopty.

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone I'm David, looking forward to meeting people and discovering new trails. My rig is a 2006 Chevy kodiak c4500 4x4. That I'm converting into an overland vehicle. I'm based out of central California. My go to camping get away is Mojave desert. View attachment 121568View attachment 121569View attachment 121570View attachment 121571View attachment 121573View attachment 121572View attachment 121574
Welcome to Overland Bound, supper nice set up.. Like @Narbob said, I am one of the U.S. West member reps and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike

Make sure you browse through the new member threads, which are full of great information. Also check Rally Points and the calendar for up coming events, trips and meet-ups..

Look forward to meeting you out on the trail.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Welcome from Oklahoma

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Tony (@Harley47), welcome from Navina Oklahoma. I see we are in the same Jeep group. Glad to have you.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know. I see the other area member rep (@Iwata77) has already said hello.
Feel free to join us on Facebook as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Wayne (@wsm01) , welcome from Oklahoma. Nice looking rig you have there.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Clint (@OffroadRn ) , welcome from Oklahoma. Good looking platform to build off of.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

jaroyota

Rank I

Contributor III

Gloucester Point, VA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Roark
Member #

Just joined at Overland Expo EAST! We are located at Gloucester Point, VA just across the river from Yorktown battlefields. Having grown up in the Shenandoah Valley, I've done my fair share of tent camping. My wife is from New England, so we vacation in Cape Cod and the White Mountains of New Hampshire. I also have a buddy with off the grid property that my son and I camp at. Just purchased a Gazelle tent at the Expo as well. Looking forward to making new friends and learning new destinations!

Our rig is a 2018 Toyota Off Road Premium with subtle mods. A Victory 4x4 roof rack is on order!

https://scontent.forf1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/59842829_2576280399066450_1595444698216923136_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQke6E1RdWkesnRRGyb72rBS4RpKJxtQJ1uGK44hopwXOWNsSGiHKsK718MZnQi-l0M&_nc_ht=scontent.forf1-2.fna&oh=a2e5764bbd0648e25742fc6d07bd2de9&oe=5E239F7D

https://scontent.forf1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/70791246_2865209813506839_2548906512848257024_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQk2FrA-stEYUfC06MkCpzcCiYqUMTrCPt0NLnywrY8p3LK3XjnDWDhhp8XCpEeQZ1U&_nc_ht=scontent.forf1-2.fna&oh=962a68e41674e8938d7f123e00af4ead&oe=5E2315FA

Contributor I

Webb City, MO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Hutson
My name is Brian and I am located in the Southwest Missouri area. My wife and I have camped for years but only got into “overlanding” about a year ago taking our truck through the mountains of Colorado. Much of our focus is continuing to travel the backroads and see all the things that are out there. We have a 2018 Ram 2500 that we are starting to fix up after selling our 2017 Tacoma. Looking forward to meeting some of you all through this site

Attachments

Osteology

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Dallas, TX
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Ingraham
New member:
Mark Ingraham, Dallas Texas
Current vehicle: 2019 Toyota Tacoma DCLB - TRD Off-Road
Previous vehicle: 1978 FJ40, daily driver and resto-mod project for 14 years, sold it 13 years ago when the twins were born (trust me - when folks tell you that you'll regret selling, you will......)
Project: Building the truck and exploring back country roads/trails with my 13 y/o son.

First trip out - Early Thanksgiving week going to explore the western (OK) part of the Quachita National Forest. Going to start with the National Forest portion of the K-trail (NF6025) , heading east from Hwy 289

Straight off the lot - gradual changes coming.....IMG_20190906_161510.jpg
IMG_20190906_161510.jpg

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @Osteology , welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for the Monthly DFW meet up.

Hello Ryan (@Calledout08 ), welcome from Oklahoma. You are in a good spot with the Ozarks and Ouacthitas close by.
New member @adam19416 isn't too far from you in Searcy.
Yeah, we're not too far apart. I'm still new to overlanding, but hit me up @Calledout08 or anyone else in the area and we'll get a trip planned. Have some fun and maybe learn some things.

jeepinjeepin

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Wallburg, NC, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Webb
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NC4WD, WRTJ904
Hey Y’all, I’m Josh, NC4WD, and “jeepinjeepin” most places on the Internet.

My DD is a well mildly built 2004 Jeep WJ. I also have a 1997 Jeep XJ that I hope to dedicate to off-road/overland/etc.

I’m fairly new to the overlanding frame of mind, but have spent some time in the past flogging a TJ at Uwharrie.

Attachments

JF Lux

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Luxembourg
First Name
John
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Hello All - New member posting to introduce myself.

I'm John, an Englishman living in Luxembourg. I do a little bit of off-roading / overlanding in Europe as and when I get the chance. usually Spanish Pyrenees, France as well as camping, roadbooks and get-togethers with friends from Luxembourg, UK, Netherlands, Belgium etc
My vehicle is a Land Rover Discovery 4 (picked up an ex-LR Experience vehicle from Germany so luckily a lot of non-standard extras were TüV approved) but of course there is always something more to add....
Also have a fully kitted out Discovery 3 which my middle son has "commandeered" and is driving me to bankruptcy...:tearsofjoy:

Hoping to get ideas and advice on overlanding routes and places to go as I look to travel further afield. Also hope I can contribute in some way as well.

Cheers,
John