Launch Member

Influencer II

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chan
Member #

Hi all! My first introduction to overlanding was living vicariously through Mike from LLOD and of course the OB YouTube channel. Shout-out to my friend Stan who suggested this community!

Background: I have never been a "car guy" but have always been a "gear guy" (EDC, lights, pouches, packs and fun things like patches). It looks like my "gear" will now include the stuff that takes me further into the wild.

That said, I enjoy rucking (thanks GORUCK!) and have enjoyed traveling everywhere my two feet could take me with everything I needed on my back. Looking forward to embracing greater capabilities with a vehicle.

Current vehicle: 2007 Honda CRV
Future vehicle: 2019 or 2020 Toyota 4Runner or similar (trying to weigh options)
I am in the process of replacing my pavement pounder with something newer, and mainly joined up for the community input.

Experience: Novice.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello,

Rig: 1978 CJ 7
Experience: Grew up camping and hunting/fishing in the outdoors. Love to travel and have mostly traveled outside of the US. Just got my Jeep late last year and just “finished” it last weekend. My wife and I are going on your first overland trip Thursday to Ouachita National Forest for a four day shake down trip. Looking forward to exploring and traveling across the US for awhile! Anyone know of some great camp sites off the trail in the Ouachita National Forest?
Welcome from Oklahoma I have a couple of CJ7s myself.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Scott (@Scomo74), welcome from Oklahoma. Would like to have a CJ7 myself, my Dad had one when I was younger and that is really what got me into Jeeps. Post up some pics of it.
What part of the Ouachita's are you going to? (Oklahoma or Arkansas).

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the other Regional Member Rep so if you have any questions you may contact myself or @Iwata77.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

hefty_merv

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Brisbane QLD, Australia
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hughes
Hi,

Merv from Brisbane, Australia
Driving: 1993 1HZ 80 Series Land Cruiser Dual locked and set up for some great family touring - Have owned her since 2002, don't think I will ever get rid of my 80 Series.
Experience: Outback Trips (2005 and 2018 - both month-long trips), Gulf Country 2004, various 4WDing parks around the place. Can pretty much take on most tracks, however, still, need some experience.

Here she is with my camping trailer
20190726_123433.jpg

On our last trip to Outback AUS
20190409_093921.jpg

Eskimo40

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mukilteo
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Eskimo
Hello,

New guy here! Live in Mukilteo, WA - Pacific Northwest native. Learning about off roading/orverlanding and love being the rare full-size rig keeping up with those yota & jeepers!

Rig is a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 (5.3l) crew cap standard 6.5 bed. I have a 6" fabtech lift w/ factory coil overs on Pro Comp 35" MT2 & Method Trail wheels. I have lights on the truck, locker in the rear diff and a kit (including a winch).

My overall experience is very limited; I have so much to learn. I cannot wait to get onto some trails and learn from the experts, make new friends and create new memories!

Attachments

BJ_OTR

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Fountain Valley, Ca
First Name
Bert
Last Name
Mekpongsatorn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREZ604
Hi guys, my name is Bert and I am a new OB member.
I live in Orange County, Ca
My rigs name is Betsy and she’s a 2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
I still consider my self a novice but my fiancé and I have done several trips on our own. We travel with 2 dogs and try to take a trip per month. I’ve been wheeling with Betsy since I bought her in 2016. Put pin stripes on her the first time out. Our last trip was up to funnel lake last month and we had a blast!
I look forward to meeting like minded people and having great time with you guys. If you’re in the area don’t hesitate to contact me. Id love to join in on some of the up and coming trips.

Attachments

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Hi,

Driving: 1993 1HZ 80 Series Land Cruiser Dual locked and set up for some great family touring - Have owned her since 2002, don't think I will ever get rid of my 80 Series.
Experience: Outback Trips (2005 and 2018 - both month-long trips), Gulf Country 2004, various 4WDing parks around the place. Can pretty much take on most tracks, however, still, need some experience.

View attachment 121495

View attachment 121496
Very nice rig I think you will enjoy it here

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello everyone I'm David, looking forward to meeting people and discovering new trails. My rig is a 2006 Chevy kodiak c4500 4x4. That I'm converting into an overland vehicle. I'm based out of central California. My go to camping get away is Mojave desert. View attachment 121568View attachment 121569View attachment 121570View attachment 121571View attachment 121573View attachment 121572View attachment 121574
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Magic Mike or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi guys, my name is Bert and I am a new OB member.
I live in Orange County, Ca
My rigs name is Betsy and she’s a 2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
I still consider my self a novice but my fiancé and I have done several trips on our own. We travel with 2 dogs and try to take a trip per month. I’ve been wheeling with Betsy since I bought her in 2016. Put pin stripes on her the first time out. Our last trip was up to funnel lake last month and we had a blast!
I look forward to meeting like minded people and having great time with you guys. If you’re in the area don’t hesitate to contact me. Id love to join in on some of the up and coming trips.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. US West - Reoccurring - Orange County Overland Bound Monthly Meet-up - 12/01/2018

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @FrankRoams or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi Everyone,

I’m so excited to take my family on some real adventures. And, I hope to meet and travel with my fellow overlanders soon.

Rig: 2019 Ford F-150
Experience: Rookie! Any advice is appreciated.

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested great group of people. https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Dominic OB0158 or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Kent R and Big Blue

Eskimo40

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mukilteo
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Eskimo
Reactions: Kent R

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi,

View attachment 121495

View attachment 121496
Welcome Michael from Tamworth NSW!