Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
S
Hey everyone! Discovered the group in a backward fashion through Overland Expo West, and by proxy of Triple Aught Design and TAV llc.

NEW 2019 Toyota Tacoma Offroad. Have a rooftop tent and cab/bed rack installed. I would love opinions on Bilstein vs. King suspension and tires as I'm near some awesome trails.

Beginner but I have attempted trails in snow and dirt around my area as well as dust (moon rocks, nv). I'm an avid backpacker and climber, while currently adjusting to running an overland rig (such much more space!).

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Discovered the group in a backward fashion through Overland Expo West, and by proxy of Triple Aught Design and TAV llc.

NEW 2019 Toyota Tacoma Offroad. Have a rooftop tent and cab/bed rack installed. I would love opinions on Bilstein vs. King suspension and tires as I'm near some awesome trails.

Beginner but I have attempted trails in snow and dirt around my area as well as dust (moon rocks, nv). I'm an avid backpacker and climber, while currently adjusting to running an overland rig (such much more space!).
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Some local meet-ups:
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA @Magic Mike for
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting. @Kent R
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting. NEW LOCATION

Both are on the forum meet-up page.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello guys, the name is Chris. Currently living in Palmdale, CA. Hoping to connect with some other members in the AV. Part of my fleet consists of an 06 Subaru Outback and a 91 Toyota Land Cruiser.
Find me on Instagram at these handles, bkbajan and lndtrpr.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello I'm Heather from the Pacific Northwest. No overlanding rig (yet?) but that is mainly because my job doesn't allow enough vacation time for any overlanding adventures I'd be interested in. I have, however, spent some time in the Four Corners area. This is where I want to expand my adventures.

What would I like to get out of this forum? My big "problem" is navigating on roads that scare the ever living daylights out of me. (Moki Dugway, for example.) I want to get over this fear though I'm not sure how. I've tried as a driver, I've tried as a passenger and the fear is quite strong.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Gabriel Bozeman

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

I am Charles from the DC/Maryland/NoVa region of the US. I have been interested in overlanding and rigs for a while now, and have decided to sign up. Totally new to this. No rig yet, but it's in the plans, still unsure of what platform to dip into. Right now I just daily the fiesta that I have had since 2010.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Location - Orlando, Florida
Rig - 2019 4Runner Off Road

I'm new to all of this, the lifestyle and a community of like-minded people have me intrigued... Let's explore...
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 118413

Hey guys, I'm Seth!

I am in Loveland, CO

I drive a 2004 Toyota 4Runner V8, 5" lift on ProComp and Bilstein 5100's, Light Racing UCA's, ProComp Coils, with home built front and rear bumpers. She has 315x12.6x17 shoes, and 1.5" Spidertrax. She has been an aboslute blast up here in the Mountains.

Ive been offroading different machines since I was about 8 years old, but I started with the Toyota and other Jeeps back in 2013! I would say I am experienced, but no where near pro or advanced.

I love this group! Thanks for having me!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: mrseth

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,
I think I’ve been overlanding my whole life but didn’t know what to call it. Started on enduro motorcycles in the Mojave desert around Lake Havasu, AZ, and now I’m in a 2000 Toyota 4Runner in the Colorado Rockies.

I really like the philosophy here and on the YouTube channel and I’m looking forward to becoming part of the community over the coming years.

Thanks for what’s happening here!
Shannon
View attachment 118403

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Shannon

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy! I'm Sam. I'm from central Ohio, and I drive an '04 Ford Ranger. I've spent most of my life outdoors, so overland feels like the next way to keep adventuring. I'm new to this personally, but I have been on some trips with friends. That said, I'm exited to learn as much as I can from everyone here.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,
Was just recently introduced to over landing, I've been doing it for a bit but didnt know there was a community, working on building up my new truck to a proper rig, 1994 chevy k1500 with a slight lift and a camper top, eventually want to get a tent but for now air mattress in the bed works good.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone my name is Kiano. I’m from Long Island New York. I’m a weekend adventurer/explorer and up until I got my Acura MDX I didnt to do much off-roading strictly paved roads since my last car was well a car. Since purchasing my Adventure Rig I’ve been camping off the beaten path and loving every second of it. Furthest west I’ve ever been was West Virginia. I’ve traveled up and down the east coast almost every weekend for the past 2 years.

Now for my Rig. Well she’s stock but it manages to handle every obstacle I throw at it so no complaints yet.

Future mods are on the Back burner until I get adequate camping equipment. I’ve only ever seen 1 or 2 Mdx’s on the trails and they’re owned by the same person.

I’m looking for more like minded people to follow on Instagram

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy from Cibolo, Texas! I'm new to the group, but I've done some light overlanding in the past. Much of it involves rumbling around Hidden Falls near Marble Falls, TX. :)

I have a 2016 Toyota 4Runner TE and my modifications aren't too wild so far:
  • Shrockworks rock sliders and skid plates
  • Gobi Stealth rack with ladder
  • MAXTRAX (love those things)
  • Krazy Beaver shovel
  • Bilstein 5100s
  • Kenwood TM-D710GA (73's from W5WUT) w/Comet SBB-5 2m/70cm antenna
  • BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/70/17
View attachment 118252

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, Jeff here & I live in the NE corner of Oklahoma. I have been (overlanding) longer then I would care to admit. I cut my teeth in the northern woods of Minnesota, spent a few years lost in the deserts of the west, & now the last two decades running around the back countries of Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, & Arkansas. My currant rig is a 04 Chevy Trailblazer that's been nothing but a beast for me. I know most see the goofy IFS they used and run for other options. Myself, I know it's abilities, proceed within those limits, & enjoy views most only dream of seeing. I've owned & built MANY off-road toys from overlanders/tube frame rock buggies & know they have their place. But I'd rather enjoy the open road in comfort with reasonable trail abilities these days.
I look forward to meeting some like minded people!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,
Wanted a place to get input and learn more about overlanding. I’m a prior service Marine, and recently got interesting in overlanding while doing a build for my little brother as a surprise / welcome to fatherhood. We both love to be outside and he loves his 4Runner. It started with the engine needing to be rebuilt and took off from there.
2005 4Runner SR5
Toytech suspension
Camburg upper control arms
TRD wheels
285/70/17 nitto ridge grapplers
Arb bumper
Warn 9k winch
Arb roof rack
Arb intensity light
Apple car play
Katskin Leather seats
New carpet
AFE CAI

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Brand new here. Name is Todd and I've been adventuring for many, many years. Live just north of Vancouver Washington. Truck is an 06' Ram 1500 TRX4, 5.7l with a Sunlite pop-up camper. Always aiming to be completely self contained for camping with comfort while keeping the rig agile enough to get where I want/need to go. Cascade mountains of Oregon and Washington, and desert of Eastern Oregon are my favorites. I'm a ham radio operator KB7RQQ so try to include that in my adventures with various portable gear. Instagram is @guitodd . Looking forward to learning from others on OB.

If you are a HAM and have DMR Radio capabilities... I can be found on talkgroup 31655

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Gabriel Bozeman

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New here. I'm a beginner in overlanding. I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler. Currently have some modification. I'm located in Ga.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

954R_hondo

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

oregon
First Name
Alejandro
Last Name
Vallejo
Member #

hey everyone im out here in Oregon city, OR
1995 4runner with the 3.slow. getting it back to life now at 260,000 ! currently building racks and storage for the interior with a rear heater delete. mounted my compressor under the center console so it lifts up on a hinge for access(when done it will be connected to a rear tank). took out rear seat for a place for tools and added bar for airlines and rope etc. while using the old seat belt mounts... i can go on and on forever...
grew up in California going to ocotillo wells. back then it was dune buggies. now i finally have this rig.

Attachments

Noli G

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

North Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Noli
Last Name
Gracilla
Member #

Hello to everyone,
Brand new member here. My name is Noli and I'm an experienced backpacker, so I guess overlanding is the natural evolution. I'm pretty excited to learn from all you guys.

Rig: 2019 Honda Passport EX-L AWD
Novice to this overland experience

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

OK,

First post to start things

rig 2016 RAM 2500
experience some, but nothing serious
Welcome! Make sure to check out the local region's forums and the Rally Point system for events and meetups in your area. This region (NW) also has a FB page. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are your local Member Rep and can answer any questions you may have. Feel free to PM me or hit me up on the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep