Member I

Chicago, IL, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Hello all,
Was just recently introduced to over landing, I've been doing it for a bit but didnt know there was a community, working on building up my new truck to a proper rig, 1994 chevy k1500 with a slight lift and a camper top, eventually want to get a tent but for now air mattress in the bed works good.

Attachments

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Hi TJ...Mine is the 4.7 HO...it has a small lift of 40mm and I have just replaced most of control arms with adjustables...so it rides really nice now!
So you had some time to explore here that's great!
I have a rooftop tent but no haven't have it on the top...building a trailer with a Ford Ranger tub for offroad camping and going to mount the RTT on it...right now if I'm camping in the bush...it's either a double swag or a tent...when I go on extended trips I take my old wind-up Jayco on road camper as basecamp!
View attachment 118260
View attachment 118261
Very cool, I wasn't sure if you got the 4.7 HO too down there. Also, that old pop-up trailer is awesome! Looking forward to your Ranger tub-trailer build too, I assume you'll have a thread?

-TJ

SugarFreeShooter

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Powell, OH, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PRJ
Howdy! I'm Sam. I'm from central Ohio, and I drive an '04 Ford Ranger. I've spent most of my life outdoors, so overland feels like the next way to keep adventuring. I'm new to this personally, but I have been on some trips with friends. That said, I'm exited to learn as much as I can from everyone here.

Shannon

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Shannon
Last Name
L.
Hello all,
I think I’ve been overlanding my whole life but didn’t know what to call it. Started on enduro motorcycles in the Mojave desert around Lake Havasu, AZ, and now I’m in a 2000 Toyota 4Runner in the Colorado Rockies.

I really like the philosophy here and on the YouTube channel and I’m looking forward to becoming part of the community over the coming years.

Thanks for what’s happening here!
Shannon
EC2AD075-DB6C-4A92-A1D2-CB43CD13F015.jpeg

mrseth

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Loveland, Colorado, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Schueller
Member #

48708620276_ea015852b9_o.jpg

Hey guys, I'm Seth!

I am in Loveland, CO

I drive a 2004 Toyota 4Runner V8, 5" lift on ProComp and Bilstein 5100's, Light Racing UCA's, ProComp Coils, with home built front and rear bumpers. She has 315x12.6x17 shoes, and 1.5" Spidertrax. She has been an aboslute blast up here in the Mountains.

Ive been offroading different machines since I was about 8 years old, but I started with the Toyota and other Jeeps back in 2013! I would say I am experienced, but no where near pro or advanced.

I love this group! Thanks for having me!

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

@HappyOurOverlanding this rig might interest you.
I do like their rig...[emoji16]

Reactions: Kent R

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello all, Jeff here & I live in the NE corner of Oklahoma. I have been (overlanding) longer then I would care to admit. I cut my teeth in the northern woods of Minnesota, spent a few years lost in the deserts of the west, & now the last two decades running around the back countries of Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, & Arkansas. My currant rig is a 04 Chevy Trailblazer that's been nothing but a beast for me. I know most see the goofy IFS they used and run for other options. Myself, I know it's abilities, proceed within those limits, & enjoy views most only dream of seeing. I've owned & built MANY off-road toys from overlanders/tube frame rock buggies & know they have their place. But I'd rather enjoy the open road in comfort with reasonable trail abilities these days.
I look forward to meeting some like minded people!
Welcome from Tulsa! Once the weather cools off we’re going to try to gather for a meet and greet.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Brand new here. Name is Todd and I've been adventuring for many, many years. Live just north of Vancouver Washington. Truck is an 06' Ram 1500 TRX4, 5.7l with a Sunlite pop-up camper. Always aiming to be completely self contained for camping with comfort while keeping the rig agile enough to get where I want/need to go. Cascade mountains of Oregon and Washington, and desert of Eastern Oregon are my favorites. I'm a ham radio operator KB7RQQ so try to include that in my adventures with various portable gear. Instagram is @guitodd . Looking forward to learning from others on OB.

If you are a HAM and have DMR Radio capabilities... I can be found on talkgroup 31655
Welcome from up North! Make sure to check out the local region's forums and the Rally Point system for events and meetups. There is also a FB page for the NW region. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are your local Member Reps in the Willamette Valley. If you need anything, feel free to PM me or hit me up on the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Bugout80

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Fernando
Last Name
Alvarez
Member #

Eric welcome. I have the same truck (year and model). All stock. Starting with locating an accurate bumper for the build. You mind taking a picture of the set up at rear? Eventually I plan on getting a Roof top tent and a 270 degree awning, but the type of bumper needs to accommodate those things.
Thanks.

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Very cool, I wasn't sure if you got the 4.7 HO too down there. Also, that old pop-up trailer is awesome! Looking forward to your Ranger tub-trailer build too, I assume you'll have a thread?

-TJ
Hi TJ...Yes all versions of the 4.7...4.0 and 2.7 here in Australia.
The old pop-up is a 1978 model but still in great condition...LED lights, Solar on the roof and a 135 amp AGM battery...a 2 way (240volt/Gas) Fridge so can go completely off grid for as long the gas holds out.
I haven't started on the trailer yet but hope to shortly...yes I can do a thread for the build when it happens!

Contributor I

MD, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Tam
Hi everyone,

I am Charles from the DC/Maryland/NoVa region of the US. I have been interested in overlanding and rigs for a while now, and have decided to sign up. Totally new to this. No rig yet, but it's in the plans, still unsure of what platform to dip into. Right now I just daily the fiesta that I have had since 2010.

The_Jed

Rank 0

Contributor I

Canton, Illinois
First Name
Jed
Last Name
Smith
Hello all!

I'm Keith and I just joined the forum today. Looks like I'm to incude:

Picture: I didn't come that well prepared. lol I'll add one later
Experience: I used to do a little four wheeling as a younger guy. Had a 1985 toyota pickup with a small lift, tires, roll cage in the cab, etc. Was a fun little truck but underpowered for the tires! As far as overloading, I got really into ADV motorcycle riding a few years ago. I rode the mid atlantic BDR last year and have done many trips riding and camping off of my bike. My favorite was a trip last fall to ride the alps with a bunch of friends. We rode in Switzerland, France, and Italy. I had a lot of fun on the bike but was becoming more and more interested in back country travel, and my wife was worried I would drop the bike on myself and be stranded until help came along. We had a pretty bad bike wreck a few years ago and long story short she just never warmed up to me riding the bike again so over the winter I called it quits and sold my 2017 R1200GS Adventure that I had pretty well built up. I did a build thread on it at ADVrider.com under the title "meet gus". I absolutely loved that bike but I know it was the right decision for my family. I'm pretty excited to do these trips and be able to bring my wife and or kids along on some of them!
Rig: I just bought a 2010 4Runner trail.

Hey there! I'm right down the road in Canton! It's nice to see a few central Illinois people on here!

LuckyCharms

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

United States
First Name
Heather
Last Name
C.
Member #

Hello I'm Heather from the Pacific Northwest. No overlanding rig (yet?) but that is mainly because my job doesn't allow enough vacation time for any overlanding adventures I'd be interested in. I have, however, spent some time in the Four Corners area. This is where I want to expand my adventures.

What would I like to get out of this forum? My big "problem" is navigating on roads that scare the ever living daylights out of me. (Moki Dugway, for example.) I want to get over this fear though I'm not sure how. I've tried as a driver, I've tried as a passenger and the fear is quite strong.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hello I'm Heather from the Pacific Northwest. No overlanding rig (yet?) but that is mainly because my job doesn't allow enough vacation time for any overlanding adventures I'd be interested in. I have, however, spent some time in the Four Corners area. This is where I want to expand my adventures.

What would I like to get out of this forum? My big "problem" is navigating on roads that scare the ever living daylights out of me. (Moki Dugway, for example.) I want to get over this fear though I'm not sure how. I've tried as a driver, I've tried as a passenger and the fear is quite strong.
Maybe going out in a group? You drive and follow some of the others and maybe everything could be communicated via the radio......Just a thought.
or as I am doing with he wife, she drives and I coach/navigate/explain as we go.

Welcome! and anything you drive will work for a "Rig"....

Jim

Reactions: Kent R and Bugout80

Bugout80

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Fernando
Last Name
Alvarez
Member #

Don't know about that ride, will check it out. I'm in the SEast coast anyway, but if i get over there to explore will keep it in mind.
I'd say travel with others is important, either on separate rigs, or in your own.
Stay safe.

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

What about the roads scare you?

avoverlandsupply

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

California, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Phillip
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YXF
Hello guys, the name is Chris. Currently living in Palmdale, CA. Hoping to connect with some other members in the AV. Part of my fleet consists of an 06 Subaru Outback and a 91 Toyota Land Cruiser.
Find me on Instagram at these handles, bkbajan and lndtrpr.

Attachments