First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hey guys!

My name is James (OB-010), I joined a long time ago but haven't had a chance to dive into the online forums so here we go!

Im located in NC, moving to Utah this winter for a new chapter of life and much more vehicle sustained travel!

My truck is a 2016 T4R Trail W/O KDSS, Stage 5 Icon, CBI front and rear Bumpers, CBI kick out sliders, Prinsu designs Roof Rack, GO FSR awning, KC HiLites, VTX rouge wheels, Full CBI aluminum skids, AIRFLOW CAI, Safari Snorkel, SNOMASTER 60L Fridge, ARB on board air, dual battery set up, 305/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT II. It has carried me from New England all the way to Top of the World Utah and places here in NC.

I have been into the overland lifestyle since first purchasing an FJ back in 2012, I have traveled quite a bit living out of the vehicle for weeks at a time supporting outdoor activities I enjoy such as rock climbing, hiking, photography and mountain biking. I am also a member of Rock Creek Overland.

I look forward to meeting more of you and expanding my knowledge through others!

-James

Dang James you sure do contemplate your post a loooonnngggg time! LOL

Nice to have you on here

Jim

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

2) Location (General area is fine)

Lincoln, CA

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) Overland (hey, it's got the right name!)

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

I have a lot of wheeling experience, from rock crawling to high-speed desert running. Also a lot of backpacking and camping experience when I was younger, and "Glamping" in recent years. However, I'm just starting to put it all together and do some vehicle-based, adventure camping... aka Overlanding.

I'll start a separate thread with some rig details and history.

Thanks,
TJ
Hi TJ!....welcome to OB from Down Under ... fellow WJ'er...
My 03 Overland!
20190309_163801.jpg

Reactions: RoarinRow

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Hi TJ!....welcome to OB from Down Under ... fellow WJ'er...
My 03 Overland!
View attachment 118135
Very cool WJ... I love seeing RHD versions. Is it a diesel or petrol? I spent about 2 years in AUS/NZ for work, always had a great time there and got to wheel and camp a bit too. Have you run a roof-top-tent on your factory rack (I see you have aftermarket cross-bars, but I'm curious how the stock front to rear bars hold up with a tent on 'em)?

-TJ

Reactions: Aussie571

Standard_Rip

Rank 0

Contributor I

Utah, USA
First Name
Cason
Last Name
Hawley
Hey everyone, new here but not to overlanding.

I am in the Central Utah region
Right now i am in a 2001 Ram 1500 Off Road edition. Had numerous of vehicles in the past from jeeps to land rovers
Had numerous overlanding experiences from simple trails to more advanced stuff.

Always enjoy exploring and meeting new people with the same interests.

Alexd7290

Rank 0

Contributor II

Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Dominguez
My name is Randy I live in the Florida panhandle I have a good bit of off roading experience but have been out of the game for a few years just got a 2014 ram 2500 so ready to get back in the game and get started overlanding
Welcome from a fellow member in the Florida panhandle. Be sure to check out the NW Florida thread to meet fellow members in the panhandle area.

Reactions: Kent R

guitodd

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hazel Dell, Washington.
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Holzman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7RQQ
Brand new here. Name is Todd and I've been adventuring for many, many years. Live just north of Vancouver Washington. Truck is an 06' Ram 1500 TRX4, 5.7l with a Sunlite pop-up camper. Always aiming to be completely self contained for camping with comfort while keeping the rig agile enough to get where I want/need to go. Cascade mountains of Oregon and Washington, and desert of Eastern Oregon are my favorites. I'm a ham radio operator KB7RQQ so try to include that in my adventures with various portable gear. Instagram is @guitodd . Looking forward to learning from others on OB.

If you are a HAM and have DMR Radio capabilities... I can be found on talkgroup 31655

Contributor I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Mixon
Hey Everyone,
Wanted a place to get input and learn more about overlanding. I’m a prior service Marine, and recently got interesting in overlanding while doing a build for my little brother as a surprise / welcome to fatherhood. We both love to be outside and he loves his 4Runner. It started with the engine needing to be rebuilt and took off from there.
2005 4Runner SR5
Toytech suspension
Camburg upper control arms
TRD wheels
285/70/17 nitto ridge grapplers
Arb bumper
Warn 9k winch
Arb roof rack
Arb intensity light
Apple car play
Katskin Leather seats
New carpet
AFE CAI

Attachments

carguyinok

Rank 0

Contributor I

N.E Oklahoma
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Shlosser
Hello all, Jeff here & I live in the NE corner of Oklahoma. I have been (overlanding) longer then I would care to admit. I cut my teeth in the northern woods of Minnesota, spent a few years lost in the deserts of the west, & now the last two decades running around the back countries of Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, & Arkansas. My currant rig is a 04 Chevy Trailblazer that's been nothing but a beast for me. I know most see the goofy IFS they used and run for other options. Myself, I know it's abilities, proceed within those limits, & enjoy views most only dream of seeing. I've owned & built MANY off-road toys from overlanders/tube frame rock buggies & know they have their place. But I'd rather enjoy the open road in comfort with reasonable trail abilities these days.
I look forward to meeting some like minded people!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jeff (@carguyinok), welcome from Central Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know, you may also contact my rep partner @Iwata77 she is up in your neck of the woods.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

major

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Texas, USA
First Name
Major
Last Name
H
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5WUT
Howdy from Cibolo, Texas! I'm new to the group, but I've done some light overlanding in the past. Much of it involves rumbling around Hidden Falls near Marble Falls, TX. :)

I have a 2016 Toyota 4Runner TE and my modifications aren't too wild so far:
  • Shrockworks rock sliders and skid plates
  • Gobi Stealth rack with ladder
  • MAXTRAX (love those things)
  • Krazy Beaver shovel
  • Bilstein 5100s
  • Kenwood TM-D710GA (73's from W5WUT) w/Comet SBB-5 2m/70cm antenna
  • BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/70/17
IMG_20180315_190112.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @major , welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham as well, feel free to join out Friday night Echolink net 1930 Central time.
Don't worry if you don't have an Echolink repeater close (or DMR or Allstar) many of us use the Echolink App. If you use Android and need help with the app, hopefully this will get you going. Echolink App (Android)

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

73!

Poseidon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Wetumpka , Alabama
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Camp
Member #

Hey Everyone,
Wanted a place to get input and learn more about overlanding. I’m a prior service Marine, and recently got interesting in overlanding while doing a build for my little brother as a surprise / welcome to fatherhood. We both love to be outside and he loves his 4Runner. It started with the engine needing to be rebuilt and took off from there.
2005 4Runner SR5
Toytech suspension
Camburg upper control arms
TRD wheels
285/70/17 nitto ridge grapplers
Arb bumper
Warn 9k winch
Arb roof rack
Arb intensity light
Apple car play
Katskin Leather seats
New carpet
AFE CAI
Nice rig, Thank You for your service

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Very cool WJ... I love seeing RHD versions. Is it a diesel or petrol? I spent about 2 years in AUS/NZ for work, always had a great time there and got to wheel and camp a bit too. Have you run a roof-top-tent on your factory rack (I see you have aftermarket cross-bars, but I'm curious how the stock front to rear bars hold up with a tent on 'em)?

-TJ
Hi TJ...Mine is the 4.7 HO...it has a small lift of 40mm and I have just replaced most of control arms with adjustables...so it rides really nice now!
So you had some time to explore here that's great!
I have a rooftop tent but no haven't have it on the top...building a trailer with a Ford Ranger tub for offroad camping and going to mount the RTT on it...right now if I'm camping in the bush...it's either a double swag or a tent...when I go on extended trips I take my old wind-up Jayco on road camper as basecamp!
20190309_085415.jpg
20180314_161908.jpg

Ksc.jz

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Long Island, New York, USA
First Name
Kiano
Last Name
Mc
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Kiano. I’m from Long Island New York. I’m a weekend adventurer/explorer and up until I got my Acura MDX I didnt to do much off-roading strictly paved roads since my last car was well a car. Since purchasing my Adventure Rig I’ve been camping off the beaten path and loving every second of it. Furthest west I’ve ever been was West Virginia. I’ve traveled up and down the east coast almost every weekend for the past 2 years.

Now for my Rig. Well she’s stock but it manages to handle every obstacle I throw at it so no complaints yet.

Future mods are on the Back burner until I get adequate camping equipment. I’ve only ever seen 1 or 2 Mdx’s on the trails and they’re owned by the same person.

I’m looking for more like minded people to follow on Instagram