Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys! Brand new here, I have been on a coue overlanding trips in north east with my cousin and it's always been enticing to me!

Just looking to slowly start building my 07 tahoe 4x4 up and getting out there! Not sure how many other tahoe/suburban people are out here but interested to see what yall have done!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

The DFW area is just getting going again with a meet-up, if your interested check out this Rally Point for details.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/dfw-monthly-recurring-overland-bound-meet/

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @brien and the closest Member Representatives are @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

Hey, glad to join the community. Found a guy on here with a similar rig to mine so i decided to make an account and in a couple months I'll have a build thread to show. Decided to get into overlanding since its very convient to have a good rig for dirt biking adventures. Can go out and live out of my vehicle for a couple days while hitting some good single track and woods riding on my bike.IMG_0721.JPG

Rig: 2006 Dodge megacab 1500 with 5.7L gas.
Experience: New to overlanding but not new to camping

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi, iv got a Toyota landcruiser 90 series that's going to be a temporary toy (waiting for the right 80 series to turn up). Iv (wife's) got a Toyota estima 4wd(smaller previa) that's waiting for a 2" lift and tyres mainly for looks but if it performs well its getting a lsd in the rear and possibly the front.

Iv been playing with 4wd since I was little and it's something that has never left me, iv had a bunch of cars but all ways find myself going back to 4x4. Hope to learn from the right people

Thanks
Bingham

Welcome to Overland Bound!

You are in the West Europe Region and I am @Polaris Overland your Regional Director.

Check out your local information and get involved here:
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your local member rep is @professorpool

Here is the link to check out the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events: Overland Bound Meetups

Planning a trip or want to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

You can view up and coming Rally Point events here: Rally Point Events

You can find local members in your region using the members map here: Overland Bound Members Map
Map - Overland Bound

Welcome to our community where we help each other outfit and explore because adventure is necessary!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey everyone my names Chase, I have glanced around the forum and I am looking forward to learning and exploring!

Currently living in Idaho but originally from North Carolina.

I have explored some in my short life so far but I hope with being in Idaho and my new rig I will get out more! Overlanding will be new to me so I look forward to what is ahead!

So my rig is the new 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4. I already have a plan for this and hopefully soon it will start to take shape! My name for the truck is Walker Texas Ranger because, well, Chuck Norris. Also my middle name is Walker and it is a Ranger.

(Photo sucks but its all I have currently)
Welcome from WA! Make sure to check out the local region's forums and the Rally Point system for events and meetups. This region (NW) has a FB page as well. @Sandpoint Steve is your local Member Rep, and can answer any questions you may have.

Cheers and Welcome to the Crew!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

RexLG

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Ontario, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
LaGarde
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello All:

Rig: 2002 Ford Excursion
Experience: Novice

My family and I enjoy being outdoors; going on hikes, bike riding, etc. So we’ve decided to start building our family rig into a capable vehicle that would allow us to enjoy more of the great outdoors and family unity.

Safe travels,

Steve

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello All:

Rig: 2002 Ford Excursion
Experience: Novice

My family and I enjoy being outdoors; going on hikes, bike riding, etc. So we’ve decided to start building our family rig into a capable vehicle that would allow us to enjoy more of the great outdoors and family unity.

Safe travels,

Steve
Welcome!

4RunAndGun

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Nico
Last Name
Barraza
Member #

Hi all,

Brand new here at Overland Bound. We live in Flagstaff and are currently building out a 2004 4Runner v8, we had a 2013 FJ previously. Looking forward to connecting. www.altaicreative.com is my company and you can find me on Instagram @4RunAndGun

Experience: Intermediate and in some situations completely novice.

Feel free to reach out and connect!

Just added a pair of 285 Goodyear Ultra Terrain ATs to the ride, I've ran KO2s on pretty much everything, but wanted to give these newish tires to the market a good test on the new build. Photo is of old tire set. Will post more as soon as I get to added the rock sliders, rear bumper, internal storage etc. Just got done building out a 2018 diesel Ford 350 Transit High Roof as an over-landing van for a friend of mine.

I may be teaching a photographer/videography class at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff this coming May!

Cheers,

Nico

Attachments

XterraHLP

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Harrison
Last Name
Weinfeld
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and grateful to discover it.
I drive a 2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road.
Recently upgraded from a 1990 Jeep Comanche LWB with a shell
Los Angeles based
My wife and I just took our first trip (in the new rig) through Southern Utah and are officially hooked on Overlanding.
Really excited to be here and find our way to our first meet up sometime soon.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Nico (@4RunAndGun , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

4RunAndGun

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Nico
Last Name
Barraza
Member #

Hello Nico (@4RunAndGun , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thanks a ton for all that info! I'll look through the links now. Excited to get out with some folks!

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello AJ (@ajkim) , welcome from Oklahoma. Sorry I missed your post, I saw the SF Bay area and failed to see the mention of moving to Dallas, but @Kent reeled me in.

You will be in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups (which Kent already provided)
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning (which Kent already provided)

Reactions: Aussie571

citilivin

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Nor Cal
First Name
David
Last Name
O'Hare
Hello all! David here from San Jose. I have always enjoyed the back roads. My project is a '95 K2500 suburban. It's been in the family since new and has sentimental value. My goal is to go through the suspension, rear end, tranny and engine. It came new with some pretty good suspension. I want to beef everything up a bit. Any advice is always welcomed.

The_Jed

Rank 0

Contributor I

Canton, Illinois
First Name
Jed
Last Name
Smith
Hey, everybody! I'm Jed from central Illinois.

Current Vehicle: 2009 Mercury Grand Marquis
Previous Vehicle: 1999 Ford Crown Victoria (I love the Panthers!)
Overland Experience: Vicarious.
Why Overlanding?: I LOVE road trips and camping, and it seems like Overlanding is the best of both worlds. I've been ravenously devouring Overland blogs and videos ever since I stumbled onto one titled, "Alaska to Argentina" a few years ago. I don't have a suitable or properly prepped vehicle yet but, it's only a matter of time.
Cheers,
Jed

Last edited:

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

2) Location (General area is fine)

Lincoln, CA

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) Overland (hey, it's got the right name!)

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

I have a lot of wheeling experience, from rock crawling to high-speed desert running. Also a lot of backpacking and camping experience when I was younger, and "Glamping" in recent years. However, I'm just starting to put it all together and do some vehicle-based, adventure camping... aka Overlanding.

I'll start a separate thread with some rig details and history.

Thanks,
TJ

james_phillips1

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Phillips
Member #

Hey guys!

My name is James (OB-010), I joined a long time ago but haven't had a chance to dive into the online forums so here we go!

Im located in NC, moving to Utah this winter for a new chapter of life and much more vehicle sustained travel!

My truck is a 2016 T4R Trail W/O KDSS, Stage 5 Icon, CBI front and rear Bumpers, CBI kick out sliders, Prinsu designs Roof Rack, GO FSR awning, KC HiLites, VTX rouge wheels, Full CBI aluminum skids, AIRFLOW CAI, Safari Snorkel, SNOMASTER 60L Fridge, ARB on board air, dual battery set up, 305/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT II. It has carried me from New England all the way to Top of the World Utah and places here in NC.

I have been into the overland lifestyle since first purchasing an FJ back in 2012, I have traveled quite a bit living out of the vehicle for weeks at a time supporting outdoor activities I enjoy such as rock climbing, hiking, photography and mountain biking. I am also a member of Rock Creek Overland.

I look forward to meeting more of you and expanding my knowledge through others!

-James

onetoone.jpg