Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Hey everyone my names Chase, I have glanced around the forum and I am looking forward to learning and exploring!

Currently living in Idaho but originally from North Carolina.

I have explored some in my short life so far but I hope with being in Idaho and my new rig I will get out more! Overlanding will be new to me so I look forward to what is ahead!

So my rig is the new 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4. I already have a plan for this and hopefully soon it will start to take shape! My name for the truck is Walker Texas Ranger because, well, Chuck Norris. Also my middle name is Walker and it is a Ranger.

(Photo sucks but its all I have currently)

Attachments

Colindlny

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Delaney
Hey there OB community, I'm Colin, hailing from San Diego CA. I'm into backpacking and hiking, and have seen a lot of interest in overlanding over the last few years. I've got an 04 ford ranger 2WD that I'm building up. Not looking to crawl, but definitely plan on being able to handle some easy to moderate trails. I will eventually get a 4wd when my current vic moves to the great beyond, but that isn't happening any time soon. Not much off road experience in my ranger, but have in other parts of my life. Currently away from home on a work trip, so no pictures of my truck available right now.

Bingham

Rank 0

Contributor I

Nottingham, UK
First Name
daniel
Last Name
bingham
Hi, iv got a Toyota landcruiser 90 series that's going to be a temporary toy (waiting for the right 80 series to turn up). Iv (wife's) got a Toyota estima 4wd(smaller previa) that's waiting for a 2" lift and tyres mainly for looks but if it performs well its getting a lsd in the rear and possibly the front.

Iv been playing with 4wd since I was little and it's something that has never left me, iv had a bunch of cars but all ways find myself going back to 4x4. Hope to learn from the right people

Thanks
Bingham

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!
New to the site !
Interested in showing my children there is more to life than electronics.
In need of some places not too far from St. Louis .
View attachment 117957
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: BStriegel

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, iv got a Toyota landcruiser 90 series that's going to be a temporary toy (waiting for the right 80 series to turn up). Iv (wife's) got a Toyota estima 4wd(smaller previa) that's waiting for a 2" lift and tyres mainly for looks but if it performs well its getting a lsd in the rear and possibly the front.

Iv been playing with 4wd since I was little and it's something that has never left me, iv had a bunch of cars but all ways find myself going back to 4x4. Hope to learn from the right people

Thanks
Bingham

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there OB community, I'm Colin, hailing from San Diego CA. I'm into backpacking and hiking, and have seen a lot of interest in overlanding over the last few years. I've got an 04 ford ranger 2WD that I'm building up. Not looking to crawl, but definitely plan on being able to handle some easy to moderate trails. I will eventually get a 4wd when my current vic moves to the great beyond, but that isn't happening any time soon. Not much off road experience in my ranger, but have in other parts of my life. Currently away from home on a work trip, so no pictures of my truck available right now.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone my names Chase, I have glanced around the forum and I am looking forward to learning and exploring!

Currently living in Idaho but originally from North Carolina.

I have explored some in my short life so far but I hope with being in Idaho and my new rig I will get out more! Overlanding will be new to me so I look forward to what is ahead!

So my rig is the new 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4. I already have a plan for this and hopefully soon it will start to take shape! My name for the truck is Walker Texas Ranger because, well, Chuck Norris. Also my middle name is Walker and it is a Ranger.

(Photo sucks but its all I have currently)

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Sandpoint Steve

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, Glad to be here.
My name is Brian Johnston, I have been a Jeep / Dodge Technician for about 35 years. I have grown up camping and traveling so I have a few years experience.
I'm located in Colorado in the high Rockies north of Breckenridge in Silverthorne.
My current rig is a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. Stock Engine and trans, 4.88 gears, 4 in lift and 35's. 23Zero RTT and currently working on overland kitchen and storage unit in back.
Here is a pic from last weekend on top of the continental divide near the WY/CO border.

View attachment 117883

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We
I just went out with my local group this weekend and had a lot of fun. Got to do some recovery and a bit of spotting for some greener travel companions. I've found that it's a lot more comforting to explore when there's someone close on radio, in case things go sideways. Plus, I'm always down to go help people or trail fix things.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
View attachment 117677View attachment 117678

2) Location (General area is fine)
Sparks, NV

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
97 Tacoma

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Pretty experienced but I learn something new every time I'm out and about in the wilderness. Built a couple of crawlers, but I'm tired of wrenching more than exploring.
Welcome to Overland Bound
I see you have already met the Reno group and thats great they are very active and can help with the transition from the rocks to exploring. ;-)

Your local Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding.

Reactions: effin.rowdy

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, I've lurked here long enough I though I may as well jump in and make it official. I've been following the overlanding community for a few years now, if you have a youtube channel chances are high I've seen you. Our main focus is to find camping options in interesting places that don't lock you in at night with a random assortment of the general populace. In the last few years we're probably 2/10 of camping in state parks that weren't spoiled by inconsiderate neighbors. I've enjoyed hundreds of miles in the wilderness on foot and seek to obtain the same feeling of excursion with my family in tow.

2) I'm in Greenville, NC
3) Currently have a '95 Ford Bronco, stock but on 33" BFG KO2s. It's a fun truck to play with around the area but I don't have much faith in it for long trips so it really only gets to stretch all four legs on dirt roads and the occasional snow day.
4) Mostly been into solo or with a friend multi-day wilderness hiking trips in and around NC, but family camping is becoming the priority as my son is getting a little older. Hopefully by this spring we'll be constructing a list of drive-up camping spots that don't come with a numbered driveway.

Nice to be here, I'm looking forward to learning and contributing.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
G’day from Yorkshire
.... I’m sure there was a road around here somewhere

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1. 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road and a 2018 Toyota RAV4
2.Location is San Diego
3. Not much experience, my husband and i took a roadtrip up to Death Valley, Yosemite, and Sequoia National Parks and camped in the truck.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to overlanding, we're your typical popup/camper folks, but I want to expand and explore different areas. We have a Pilot, but don't anticipate rigging it out much for overlanding. We'll see what we do. Love learning and hearing from others, especially how they do it with kids. Like some, we need less screen time, and more outdoor time, this is the goal. Looking to do more quicky weekends for starters. So I joint for info, fun, and getting my 4 kids out there learning new things.

We live in central Ohio. Go Bucks!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,
My name is Dave
Own 1995 jeep Yj, but just upgraded to 2020 Jeep Rubicon
Been kinda overlanding for 30 years, didn't know it was called that when younger, traveled a lot camping in Colorado, Indiana, NC, and Germany (froze my bottom on that one)
Live in indiana so not much fun camping or getting away in the corn or soybean fields around here

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Another new guy here from the middle of the country. Been kicking it around the Midwest for 50 years or so, and if I'm lucky, I get to haul my junk to far off destinations every now and again. I'm here to learn from others, help when I can, and hopefully share in the fun.

STL, MO
95 Ford Explorer heavily modified (12 years in the making)
Home built Adventure trailer about 95% completed (2 years in the making)

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: Gmanpaint

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone, We are FloodX or @ Flood Exploration (no spaces) on Instagram, Facebook and soon a web blog. We are super excited to finally be OB members. We have been watch Michael's videos for a few years and just waited until our full time overland journey began before joining. We look forward to meeting other members on the way. Here is a photo of our home called "Anahita".

View attachment 117441

<

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

@HappyOurOverlanding this rig might interest you.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all..

John B
Bristol,Pa
94 Grand Cherokee V8 2" 31's
1988 Coleman Colorado

I used to have a tall built Cherokee with RTT, but that setup didn't work well for me as age and bad back caught up to me. After a few years tenting again I aquired and rebuilt the camper, and picked up a low mileage V8 tow rig. Took the combo on their maiden run last weekend and i'm glad i took the route i did, much better than the alternative.

Looking forward to becoming more familiar with the site here..

View attachment 117422View attachment 117423

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello.

My name is A.J.
Own a 2013 Ford Raptor
Experience level is 0
SF Bay Area.

Im in the process of selling my business which what the truck was used for. Rather than selling the truck I've decided to turn it into an overland vehicle to travel as I will be moving from SF Bay area to Dallas in the next 6 months. I thought It would be a great vacation/adventure to do as I travel my way to Dallas. excited and scared at the same time but seems well worth the time and effort to experience it. Thank you for letting me join your Forums and i'll be building the Raptor in the next few months to have it ready for my journey.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

The DFW area is just getting going again with a meet-up, if your interested check out this Rally Point for details.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/dfw-monthly-recurring-overland-bound-meet/

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @brien and the closest Member Representatives are @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Congrats on the move!

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Rig: 2014 Tundra
New Rig: 2020 Discovery
Experience: Enough to know better than to wheel in a brand new land rover, but not enough not to do it anyway.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.