HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I just went out with my local group this weekend and had a lot of fun. Got to do some recovery and a bit of spotting for some greener travel companions. I've found that it's a lot more comforting to explore when there's someone close on radio, in case things go sideways. Plus, I'm always down to go help people or trail fix things.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
View attachment 117677View attachment 117678

2) Location (General area is fine)
Sparks, NV

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
97 Tacoma

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Pretty experienced but I learn something new every time I'm out and about in the wilderness. Built a couple of crawlers, but I'm tired of wrenching more than exploring.
Welcome. I think I recognize those guys sitting on the rig. Look forward to having you with us on more runs. [emoji41] let me know if you have any questions regarding OB or the local group.

Brian brooks

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Thanks guys, glad to apart of the community!

Brian brooks

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Thanks guys, glad to apart of the community!
My rig is a 14 Tacoma DCSB Sport and she’s my weekender for exploring. I grew up camping and aka” Overlanding with family and got back into it more in the past few years, especially with my daughter nowadays. Looking forward to more adventures and input from your community! Thanks guys!

Mrod2478

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Mahalo for allowing me to become part of the Family!!!

Rig:
2019 RAM 1500 Classic
Pro Comp stage 2 coil over
20x12.50 -44 os
RCI OFF-ROAD 12 in BED RACK
MOKU RTT
LIGHT FORCE LIGHTING
Got a couple of fridges: Dometic CF and an Ironman 52L
TORXE X3 series Front bumper

Need to do:

TORXE X1 series rear bumper install.
Install the rest of my Light Force lighting.
Install my bed cargo system.
Install my new electrical

Contributor I

Martinez, Ga
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Schexnayder
Hey ya'll,
I'm Matt, new to overlanding but not to 4x4's(I'll get some pics of my JKU up soon). Going to be hitting some of the Georgia Traverse this weekend with my kids. Glad to be part of a great community like OB.

Rig: 2014 JKU 2/1 lift, 35 Nitto, snork, soon to be 4:56
Overlanding Experience: None...but excited to start

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jeff (@JSeymour123), welcome from just north of Oklahoma City.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Rig: 2012 Toyota 4Runner TE
Experience: Apparently a fare amount since I have been overlanding since I was 17, just did not know it was called overlanding.
Great place to be. My parents lived in Pagosa for about a dozen years and I always enjoyed going to visit.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey ya'll,
I'm Matt, new to overlanding but not to 4x4's(I'll get some pics of my JKU up soon). Going to be hitting some of the Georgia Traverse this weekend with my kids. Glad to be part of a great community like OB.

Rig: 2014 JKU 2/1 lift, 35 Nitto, snork, soon to be 4:56
Overlanding Experience: None...but excited to start
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Mahalo for allowing me to become part of the Family!!!

Rig:
2019 RAM 1500 Classic
Pro Comp stage 2 coil over
20x12.50 -44 os
RCI OFF-ROAD 12 in BED RACK
MOKU RTT
LIGHT FORCE LIGHTING
Got a couple of fridges: Dometic CF and an Ironman 52L
TORXE X3 series Front bumper

Need to do:

TORXE X1 series rear bumper install.
Install the rest of my Light Force lighting.
Install my bed cargo system.
Install my new electrical
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2012 Toyota 4Runner TE
Experience: Apparently a fare amount since I have been overlanding since I was 17, just did not know it was called overlanding.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1. I have a 2016 F150 FX4 Supercrew
2. I'm from Oklahoma City.
3. Enjoy mountain gravel trails. Looking at taking longer trips (in Oklahoma and other states).

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My rig is a 14 Tacoma DCSB Sport and she’s my weekender for exploring. I grew up camping and aka” Overlanding with family and got back into it more in the past few years, especially with my daughter nowadays. Looking forward to more adventures and input from your community! Thanks guys!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I just came across Overlanding this year while on a trip to Peru.. My wife is from Peru and we go back to visit a lot. This year specifically we went to a part of the country called ICA where we explored a part of the desert. My wife and I have three children (14, 10 and 8), the adventure of Dune Buggies and Sand Boarding was amazing! But for me, the journey was the adventure. I met many people that were backpackers on that trip and one of them shared with me what Overlanding was... I must say, my life was deeply impacted! Being that we love to camp, the idea of being able to get our kids out in the outdoors in nature, discovering and enjoying life, is a high priority for us. I have a Jeep Liberty KK as a second vechile, pretty much stock. I don't know much about cars, but I'm learning as much as I can as fast as I can... I just upgraded the tires to Cooper 225/75r16, put on some extra lights and a roof rack. We started with two day's of heading out to PA (we are from NJ). Little by little, our plan is to stretch out the journey longer and further. I know I have tons to learn and hope to learn from all of you... I really don't have any friends that are into the lifestyle, so hopefully I can meet some local groups that I can join in the adventure... Blessings!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, new to the forum.

Currently driving a '16 GMC Sierra 1500, lifted on 35s. (looking to downsize soon)
Granite State, USA (New England area for you non-east coast peeps)
Pretty novice to the whole overlanding thing. Done a decent amount of camping/hiking out west but not too much out east. Hoping to change that soon.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Jay Arisso

Rank IV
Launch Member

Endurance III

Elizabeth, NJ
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Arisso
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TYM

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Thanks Kent!!!! Now I have some more homework to do! Can't wait!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi how is everyone doing? I have been a bit of an adventure nut but just getting into overlanding now that I have the free time.

I'm based in Appleton WI

I run a 17 Tundra that doesn't have to many mods but halls the camping gear nice.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Poseidon

RockyMtnJeep

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Kremmling, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Johnston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YKQ
Hello everyone, Glad to be here.
My name is Brian Johnston, I have been a Jeep / Dodge Technician for about 35 years. I have grown up camping and traveling so I have a few years experience.
I'm located in Colorado in the high Rockies north of Breckenridge in Silverthorne.
My current rig is a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. Stock Engine and trans, 4.88 gears, 4 in lift and 35's. 23Zero RTT and currently working on overland kitchen and storage unit in back.
Here is a pic from last weekend on top of the continental divide near the WY/CO border.

20190915_113237.jpg