Launch Member

Member I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Kim
Last Name
Flood
Member #

Hi Everyone, We are FloodX or @ Flood Exploration (no spaces) on Instagram, Facebook and soon a web blog. We are super excited to finally be OB members. We have been watch Michael's videos for a few years and just waited until our full time overland journey began before joining. We look forward to meeting other members on the way. Here is a photo of our home called "Anahita".

Anahita 1.jpg

<

Last edited:

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey guys! Brand new here, I have been on a coue overlanding trips in north east with my cousin and it's always been enticing to me!

Just looking to slowly start building my 07 tahoe 4x4 up and getting out there! Not sure how many other tahoe/suburban people are out here but interested to see what yall have done!
Welcome from Oklahoma

Reactions: Kent R and Poseidon

Gmanpaint

Rank II

Enthusiast II

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Gregg
Last Name
M
Another new guy here from the middle of the country. Been kicking it around the Midwest for 50 years or so, and if I'm lucky, I get to haul my junk to far off destinations every now and again. I'm here to learn from others, help when I can, and hopefully share in the fun.

STL, MO
95 Ford Explorer heavily modified (12 years in the making)
Home built Adventure trailer about 95% completed (2 years in the making)

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi Everyone, We are FloodX or @ Flood Exploration (no spaces) on Instagram, Facebook and soon a web blog. We are super excited to finally be OB members. We have been watch Michael's videos for a few years and just waited until our full time overland journey began before joining. We look forward to meeting other members on the way. Here is a photo of our home called "Anahita".

View attachment 117441

<
Welcome to OB. There are a couple of us with similar rigs. Picked up our FX a month ago. Ground Control is the name we chose.

Reactions: Kent R

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Hello.

My name is A.J.
Own a 2013 Ford Raptor
Experience level is 0
SF Bay Area.

Im in the process of selling my business which what the truck was used for. Rather than selling the truck I've decided to turn it into an overland vehicle to travel as I will be moving from SF Bay area to Dallas in the next 6 months. I thought It would be a great vacation/adventure to do as I travel my way to Dallas. excited and scared at the same time but seems well worth the time and effort to experience it. Thank you for letting me join your Forums and i'll be building the Raptor in the next few months to have it ready for my journey.
Nice raptor! Any mods other than the front bumper?

haplo88

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bluffton, IN, USA
First Name
david
Last Name
mcvicker
Member #

Hello all,
My name is Dave
Own 1995 jeep Yj, but just upgraded to 2020 Jeep Rubicon
Been kinda overlanding for 30 years, didn't know it was called that when younger, traveled a lot camping in Colorado, Indiana, NC, and Germany (froze my bottom on that one)
Live in indiana so not much fun camping or getting away in the corn or soybean fields around here

TheFam

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ohio
First Name
Becky
Last Name
Coontz
New to overlanding, we're your typical popup/camper folks, but I want to expand and explore different areas. We have a Pilot, but don't anticipate rigging it out much for overlanding. We'll see what we do. Love learning and hearing from others, especially how they do it with kids. Like some, we need less screen time, and more outdoor time, this is the goal. Looking to do more quicky weekends for starters. So I joint for info, fun, and getting my 4 kids out there learning new things.

We live in central Ohio. Go Bucks!

Diana3315

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Diego
First Name
Diana
Last Name
Williams
Ham/GMRS Callsign
DCW
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
1. 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road and a 2018 Toyota RAV4
2.Location is San Diego
3. Not much experience, my husband and i took a roadtrip up to Death Valley, Yosemite, and Sequoia National Parks and camped in the truck.

bigred2211

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Maryland
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Walker
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware
Thanks for the info.

Mike

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Thank you!

No other than ADD Venom Bumper its as stock as it gets. I am planning to do simple mods to strengthen the weak points on the Raptor. Def gonna have to have RTT and Leitner design bed rack :)
I remember wanting one of those when I first got my raptor. I had plans to get one but then totally forgot about it after I moved. Thanks for the reminder. Now it’s back on my radar/purchase list!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Nesta (@Thebesta94 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There are meetups for the DFW area so keep an eye out for a Sept meet.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Pretzel

Rank IV

Member III

Greenville, NC
First Name
Eric
Last Name
D.
Member #

Hi everyone, I've lurked here long enough I though I may as well jump in and make it official. I've been following the overlanding community for a few years now, if you have a youtube channel chances are high I've seen you. Our main focus is to find camping options in interesting places that don't lock you in at night with a random assortment of the general populace. In the last few years we're probably 2/10 of camping in state parks that weren't spoiled by inconsiderate neighbors. I've enjoyed hundreds of miles in the wilderness on foot and seek to obtain the same feeling of excursion with my family in tow.

2) I'm in Greenville, NC
3) Currently have a '95 Ford Bronco, stock but on 33" BFG KO2s. It's a fun truck to play with around the area but I don't have much faith in it for long trips so it really only gets to stretch all four legs on dirt roads and the occasional snow day.
4) Mostly been into solo or with a friend multi-day wilderness hiking trips in and around NC, but family camping is becoming the priority as my son is getting a little older. Hopefully by this spring we'll be constructing a list of drive-up camping spots that don't come with a numbered driveway.

Nice to be here, I'm looking forward to learning and contributing.

effin.rowdy

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Alto
Member #

I just went out with my local group this weekend and had a lot of fun. Got to do some recovery and a bit of spotting for some greener travel companions. I've found that it's a lot more comforting to explore when there's someone close on radio, in case things go sideways. Plus, I'm always down to go help people or trail fix things.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
IMG_20190807_195313_415.jpgIMG_20190915_132959.jpg

2) Location (General area is fine)
Sparks, NV

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
97 Tacoma

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Pretty experienced but I learn something new every time I'm out and about in the wilderness. Built a couple of crawlers, but I'm tired of wrenching more than exploring.

UglyViking

Rank I

Enthusiast I

North East, USA
First Name
Noo
Last Name
Thanks
Hey all, new to the forum.

Currently driving a '16 GMC Sierra 1500, lifted on 35s. (looking to downsize soon)
Granite State, USA (New England area for you non-east coast peeps)
Pretty novice to the whole overlanding thing. Done a decent amount of camping/hiking out west but not too much out east. Hoping to change that soon.

Jay Arisso

Rank IV
Launch Member

Endurance III

Elizabeth, NJ
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Arisso
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TYM
Hello everyone! I just came across Overlanding this year while on a trip to Peru.. My wife is from Peru and we go back to visit a lot. This year specifically we went to a part of the country called ICA where we explored a part of the desert. My wife and I have three children (14, 10 and 8), the adventure of Dune Buggies and Sand Boarding was amazing! But for me, the journey was the adventure. I met many people that were backpackers on that trip and one of them shared with me what Overlanding was... I must say, my life was deeply impacted! Being that we love to camp, the idea of being able to get our kids out in the outdoors in nature, discovering and enjoying life, is a high priority for us. I have a Jeep Liberty KK as a second vechile, pretty much stock. I don't know much about cars, but I'm learning as much as I can as fast as I can... I just upgraded the tires to Cooper 225/75r16, put on some extra lights and a roof rack. We started with two day's of heading out to PA (we are from NJ). Little by little, our plan is to stretch out the journey longer and further. I know I have tons to learn and hope to learn from all of you... I really don't have any friends that are into the lifestyle, so hopefully I can meet some local groups that I can join in the adventure... Blessings!