Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello I’m new to overlanding but I’ve driven around in the woods and camped for all my adult life so combining the two seemed like fun. I look forward to everyone’s insight and experience. I currently have a 2011 Subaru Forester NA. I’m interested to see what people are doing to their Foresters and what experience people have here in the Pacific Northwest.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Paducah KY. 97 4runner and 2017 SoCal Teardrop. Just got back from camping Mt Pisgah on Blueridge Parkway and Mt biking at DuPont State Forest. Just before that a trip down the entire Blueridge and different camping each night.

Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Nice set up with the trailer.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

I’m from CT and just came across this forum. I’ve always loved road trips and had an 08 Tacoma I just replaced with 2016 4Runner ( well, its been 2 years so not just) but it’s in the shop today getting BP-51’s put on. Just got back from a trip to Nova Scotia and PEI and decided this was going to be an overlanding rig for a long time. It’s my DD right now as well. So anyway, glad I found this place and look forward to meeting new people! Take care everyone!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Hi All,

My name is Don
I live in Miami, FL (As far away in the continental US as you can get from where I love to go hiking and backpacking; Utah, Colorado, et al)
My rig is a 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4x4. The picture was taken on the Cerro Gordo trail off 395 in Southern California , whereupon I realized that driving my truck around the country and camping in cool places is what I was born to do. This picture represents a 'BEFORE' snapshot of my rig. It's slow transformation into a capable Overland vehicle begins next week when the wheels and tires arrive. I look forward to meeting and riding many of you in the very near future.
View attachment 117162
Looking forward to see what you do with your new truck. I like the blank canvas you’re starting off with! It’ll be fun to watch the transition. So much fun!!!

Reactions: Kent R

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Hello from Paducah KY. 97 4runner and 2017 SoCal Teardrop. Just got back from camping Mt Pisgah on Blueridge Parkway and Mt biking at DuPont State Forest. Just before that a trip down the entire Blueridge and different camping each night.

I always admired that 4Runner body. There was something really cool going on in the Toyota design room back in those years. I have a 97 FZJ80 and totally dig the era. Your tear drop trailer looks like a great idea. You can set up camp and leave it behind to do some exploring. Not as easy with the rooftop set up I have. When I set up camp, it’s kinda like putting down the outriggers and setting in. We just ordered an off road capable flat bed trailer for my dirt bike so I can get around. We’ll see how that goes. Welcome to the OB crew....I think you’ll really enjoy the community. Get to know the OB group in your area. Hopefully, someone has already established a Rigs-n-Coffee monthly event in your area that’s easy to get to. It’s fun to connect with like minded people. Enjoy the ride!!

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Hey Everybody,
My name is Alan and I'm from the Seattle area. I have been absolutely obsessed with the idea of overlanding since I discovered it on Youtube thanks to LLOD. I currently have no rig as I am an overseas contractor but am in the market for one. Looking forward to being part of the community.
Welcome aboard Alan! Great to have you as part of this Worldwide family. Hope you’re able to get a rig soon!!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello I’m new to overlanding but I’ve driven around in the woods and camped for all my adult life so combining the two seemed like fun. I look forward to everyone’s insight and experience. I currently have a 2011 Subaru Forester NA. I’m interested to see what people are doing to their Foresters and what experience people have here in the Pacific Northwest.
Welcome! Make sure to check out the local region's forums for events and meetups. The Rally Point system is also very helpful for that. There is a FB page for the NW region that you might consider joining.

What part of the PNW?

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Hello all!

I'm Keith and I just joined the forum today. Looks like I'm to incude:

Picture: I didn't come that well prepared. lol I'll add one later
Experience: I used to do a little four wheeling as a younger guy. Had a 1985 toyota pickup with a small lift, tires, roll cage in the cab, etc. Was a fun little truck but underpowered for the tires! As far as overloading, I got really into ADV motorcycle riding a few years ago. I rode the mid atlantic BDR last year and have done many trips riding and camping off of my bike. My favorite was a trip last fall to ride the alps with a bunch of friends. We rode in Switzerland, France, and Italy. I had a lot of fun on the bike but was becoming more and more interested in back country travel, and my wife was worried I would drop the bike on myself and be stranded until help came along. We had a pretty bad bike wreck a few years ago and long story short she just never warmed up to me riding the bike again so over the winter I called it quits and sold my 2017 R1200GS Adventure that I had pretty well built up. I did a build thread on it at ADVrider.com under the title "meet gus". I absolutely loved that bike but I know it was the right decision for my family. I'm pretty excited to do these trips and be able to bring my wife and or kids along on some of them!
Rig: I just bought a 2010 4Runner trail.
Welcome to OB Keith! You’re going to love this community if this is your “thing”. Find a local OB Rigs-n-Coffee group and meet up with your fellow Overland peeps in your area. Very much worth the effort!

Thebesta94

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Nesta
Last Name
Murphy
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Thebesta
Hey guys! Brand new here, I have been on a coue overlanding trips in north east with my cousin and it's always been enticing to me!

Just looking to slowly start building my 07 tahoe 4x4 up and getting out there! Not sure how many other tahoe/suburban people are out here but interested to see what yall have done!

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
I am new to Overland Bound. Just got my first Jeep and would like to get into overlanding and camping with my family. I have some friends that rock crawl but I would rather go on trails and find great places than sit for hours trying to get over one rock.

Naperville, IL (Western suburb of Chicago)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Novice overlander, tent camping in past

I am looking forward to finding some like minded people/families and go on some trips.

View attachment 116799
Welcome to OB! Make sure you look for a local Rigs-n-Coffee group. It’s a great way to meet fellow Overlanders. And, I’m in total agreement with you. Get out and see the World off-road and moving! You’ll come across your own challenges on the trail. Plenty of things to crawl over along the way!!

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Hello all, Travis from Sweet Home Oregon checking in.
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Freespirit Recreation High Country tri-layer RTT
And lots of other goodies. I'll do a write up later, but just joined and introducing myself.
Looking forward to meeting fellow explorers
View attachment 116769
Welcome to OB Travis! See if you can find a local Rigs-n-Coffee event near you. Those meet ups are really helpful in getting to know your local community. Have a blast out there on the trail!!

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi everyone,

My name is Karl and I am a 4WD addict - there I admit it :blush:

I am new here and I live in Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia and I am heavily involved in 4WDing (or Overlanding as you guys refer to it) camping and photography.

I am also the President of the Four Wheel Drive Club of Western Australia - one of our state's biggest 4WD Clubs.

I drive a Nissan Navara D40 (Thai build) automatic turbo diesel and my campertrailer is a Pioneer Longreach.

I look forward to being a part of these forums and keep you guys informed of my adventures along the westcoast of Western Australia.

Thanks for having me.

Karl

My set up.

View attachment 115689

Camping under the Milky Way

View attachment 115690
Hi and Welcome from NSW!

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Finally pulled the trigger.... Looking forward to getting out there. 2002 WJ (work in progress), Hoping to have set up soon for vehicle based camping, weekend trips around PA to hone skills and figure out what works and what doesn't. I will have plenty of questions, Thank you!!
Hi and welcome from Australia fellow WJer....mine is an 03 Overland 4.7 HO!
easter 2018.jpg

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

I am new to Overland Bound. Just got my first Jeep and would like to get into overlanding and camping with my family. I have some friends that rock crawl but I would rather go on trails and find great places than sit for hours trying to get over one rock.

Naperville, IL (Western suburb of Chicago)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Novice overlander, tent camping in past

I am looking forward to finding some like minded people/families and go on some trips.

View attachment 116799
Hi and welcome...nice JT Gladiator...wish they were available in Australia!

ajkim

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Castro Valley, 캘리포니아 미국
First Name
AJ
Last Name
Kim
Hello.

My name is A.J.
Own a 2013 Ford Raptor
Experience level is 0
SF Bay Area.

Im in the process of selling my business which what the truck was used for. Rather than selling the truck I've decided to turn it into an overland vehicle to travel as I will be moving from SF Bay area to Dallas in the next 6 months. I thought It would be a great vacation/adventure to do as I travel my way to Dallas. excited and scared at the same time but seems well worth the time and effort to experience it. Thank you for letting me join your Forums and i'll be building the Raptor in the next few months to have it ready for my journey.

Attachments

OverlandZJ

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Bristol,Pa
First Name
John
Last Name
Bellerby
Hello all..

John B
Bristol,Pa
94 Grand Cherokee V8 2" 31's
1988 Coleman Colorado

I used to have a tall built Cherokee with RTT, but that setup didn't work well for me as age and bad back caught up to me. After a few years tenting again I aquired and rebuilt the camper, and picked up a low mileage V8 tow rig. Took the combo on their maiden run last weekend and i'm glad i took the route i did, much better than the alternative.

Looking forward to becoming more familiar with the site here..

sept201910.jpgsept20191.jpg