Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone!
1) Don't have a picture at the moment unfortunately (Truck is in Spokane Washington and I'm in New Mexico at the moment)
2) Currently living near Spokane, WA but will be moving to Arizona at the end of October
3) 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins Diesel with S&B Cold Air Intake, 4 in straight pipe turbo-back, Road Armor Stealth front bumper, Smarty tuner, Edge Insight CTS2 monitor, Fass Titanium 95 gph lift pump, 265/70 R17 Cooper S/T Maxx tires, Newly rebuilt transmission, in bed toolbox
4) Novice expirience when it comes to overlanding.
I've always loved the outdoors (hunting, camping, hiking, etc.) and have decided an overland build would suit me perfectly for what i want out of my truck. Been outdoors all my life and have done a fair bit of off-roading but am no expert by any means. Been looking around on forums like this to get ideas for my build and would love to learn all I can about overlanding.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

The Inland-northwest meet-up conference call happens the third Sunday of the month, and they are also having several trail runs during the summer. If your interested here is the forum link.Inland Northwest Conference Call - 06/17/2018 contact @Sandpoint Steve for more info. He is also your local Member Representative.

If you have any questions your Representative is @Jedi on the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greeting from Ringwood in the no fun state of Jersey !!
Planning on getting my rubicon ready for overlanding this winter !!
So far my plan is lightweight travel using mostly gear that can serve dual purpose !! Has an avid hiker camper and bike rider my gear will be same across the board !!
Used to overland on my ural gear up but kids have grown and I needed something bigger !
Cheers

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

Living in Norway with my KDJ95L from 2001.

No overlanding experience....yet[emoji41]

Looking forward to get some inspiration from this forum.

Ole A.
View attachment 116564

Don't hesitate to contact the closest Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy All,
I am the same 1 Leg Lance from Expedition Portal and a few other places....
Been playing this "overland" game since 2007, teaching at Overland Expos since the first one, traveled the world and had a:
FJ Cruiser - did the full Continental Divide in that, shown at SEMA twice
Sportsmobile - shown at SEMA and plenty of trips around the southwest
75 Series Troopie imported from Oz
70 Burb full resto mod, chase rig in the Mexican 1000, and much more
17 Taco DCLB with a Treehouse camper.....soon to be for sale
and currently building a Sportsmobile Poptop Transit with Quadvan 4wd for SEMA 2019, Mexican 1000 chasing and Overland Expo West

View attachment 116550

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello There,

I am Tony from Los Angeles area, somewhat new to Overlanding, and loving it, and looking forward to learn, and explore more/
Currently driving a 2016 Wrangler Unlimited, and going through the never-ending upgrades :)

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, Everyone!

Location: Knoxville, TN (we are working towards making back West to either Colorado or Oregon)
Vehicle: 2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Blizzard Pearl (3rd 4Runner, 8th Toyota, that I've owned and really excited to have one back in the family, I've had an '03 SR5 and an '07 Limited)
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding: We have always enjoyed traveling and seeing new things. Overlanding will give us the opportunity to get off the beaten path and see things in a new way that we wouldn't be able to otherwise. After purchasing our third 4Runner we decided it was time to get out there and use the 4Runner in a way that we have not fully embraced up to this point: off-roading and overlanding. Also, thanks to YouTube channels like Jason Koertge (SwellRunner), LLOD, FOTORNR and many others we probably haven't seen yet, we've gotten a change to see the fun it can be. With lots of mods and opportunities out there we are looking to have some real fun with our new beast.

Here is a before photo taken one week to the day after we bought it as we began our journey with our rig.

View attachment 116520
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are currently in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings, everyone! My wife and I have been avid RVers for the last 10 years, and plan to go full-time at some point after I can retire. We’ve also had dreams of visiting as many of the countless interesting places across the world. I’ve lurked and read about overlanding for a couple years now, and recently finally broached the idea to my wife: who said, “Great! When do we go?”

We’re currently in Hawaii with our 2008 Jeep WranglerJKU, and my plan is to gradually upgrade it for overland travel and have it fully ready (along with planning, etc.) by early 2023 when I can retire. In the meantime, I plan to continue learning and living vicariously through the travels of others!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike & @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum(and overlanding) but not new to wheeling and camping. My wife, two kids, and I just moved to the Dallesport, Washington area (from southern Alabama)and want to start overlanding and getting outside more to enjoy the beautiful area. I recently just bought a new to me 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon after being without a Jeep for about a year. I had a 2012 Jeep JKU for years prior and used it as a daily driver and weekend wheeler. Haven’t really started a build on this one just yet, still researching what I want to do with it, but hopefully by next spring I’ll have it pretty well equipped. For now we have just been loading it up with camping gear and hitting the road. Being new to the area, we don’t have any knowledge of local trails, events, or clubs. We are hoping that the OB forum will help connect us with local like minded people who want to get out often and see the world. If your in the area, and want to hit the trail we would love to join you. We look forward to meeting you and wheeling with you.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Lodi781

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ct
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Lioti
Hello all!

I’m from CT and just came across this forum. I’ve always loved road trips and had an 08 Tacoma I just replaced with 2016 4Runner ( well, its been 2 years so not just) but it’s in the shop today getting BP-51’s put on. Just got back from a trip to Nova Scotia and PEI and decided this was going to be an overlanding rig for a long time. It’s my DD right now as well. So anyway, glad I found this place and look forward to meeting new people! Take care everyone!

Cornfed

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arizona, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Lane
Hello Chris (@Cornfed ), welcome from Oklahoma. Where abouts in NM are you currently residing? It's unfortunate that you don't have the truck with you as there are some nice places in NM to get away.

You are and will be in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Right now i'm in Artesia NM. Yeah definitely wish i had the truck right now.

Reactions: Kent R

PNWOly

Rank 0

Contributor I

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Francis
Hello I’m new to overlanding but I’ve driven around in the woods and camped for all my adult life so combining the two seemed like fun. I look forward to everyone’s insight and experience. I currently have a 2011 Subaru Forester NA. I’m interested to see what people are doing to their Foresters and what experience people have here in the Pacific Northwest.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Greetings, everyone! My wife and I have been avid RVers for the last 10 years, and plan to go full-time at some point after I can retire. We’ve also had dreams of visiting as many of the countless interesting places across the world. I’ve lurked and read about overlanding for a couple years now, and recently finally broached the idea to my wife: who said, “Great! When do we go?”

We’re currently in Hawaii with our 2008 Jeep WranglerJKU, and my plan is to gradually upgrade it for overland travel and have it fully ready (along with planning, etc.) by early 2023 when I can retire. In the meantime, I plan to continue learning and living vicariously through the travels of others!
Welcome to Overland Bound, As @Kent R stated I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob

Make sure and browse the new member threads there is a ton of helpful information contained there. Also keep an eye on Rally Points for reoccurring meetups and trips. There is also the Overland Bound calendar which will show you dates for event within Overland Bound.

Magic Mike

Reactions: Narbob and Kent R

Bigal0607

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Deans
Member #

Hey Everybody,
My name is Alan and I'm from the Seattle area. I have been absolutely obsessed with the idea of overlanding since I discovered it on Youtube thanks to LLOD. I currently have no rig as I am an overseas contractor but am in the market for one. Looking forward to being part of the community.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey Everybody,
My name is Alan and I'm from the Seattle area. I have been absolutely obsessed with the idea of overlanding since I discovered it on Youtube thanks to LLOD. I currently have no rig as I am an overseas contractor but am in the market for one. Looking forward to being part of the community.
Welcome to Overland Bound

sincerelyadam

Rank 0

Contributor I

Philly, PA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Smith
Hello all

Rig: stock 2008 Subaru Forester
Experience: Beginner. My wife and I love camping, but I want to step it up. Living in the city can bring me down and I want to spend more time outdoors, and not just at paid campsites at state parks. I want to explore! Hoping to slowly modify our Forester to tackle such adventures.

danh489

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Rhode Island, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Hey all,

Rig: 2018 CRV (Stock). Looking to trade it in for a 4Runner this fall.
IMG_2872.JPG

Experience: New to overlanding, not new to camping/backpacking. LLOD's channels also keyed me into the concept a couple years back. Looking to explore the northeast, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland while we're living here. I've had a hard time talking my wife into backpacking, but she's been a little bit more keen on having a little more creature comforts that overloading would allow compared to backpacking. Eventually my wife and I will move out west but for now I want to make the most out of what is available. In Rhode Island it's hard to find so much as a fire road that's not gated, so I haven't been able to do too much exploring locally, and I'm just not sure how much more than that the CRV could handle. Not looking to change much on it because I'll be upgrading soon to something more capable. Would love to meetup with some local people and learn more about overloading. Past 8 years have definitely been lacking in terms of outdoor adventures due to training/work, but looking forward to changing that.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum(and overlanding) but not new to wheeling and camping. My wife, two kids, and I just moved to the Dallesport, Washington area (from southern Alabama)and want to start overlanding and getting outside more to enjoy the beautiful area. I recently just bought a new to me 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon after being without a Jeep for about a year. I had a 2012 Jeep JKU for years prior and used it as a daily driver and weekend wheeler. Haven’t really started a build on this one just yet, still researching what I want to do with it, but hopefully by next spring I’ll have it pretty well equipped. For now we have just been loading it up with camping gear and hitting the road. Being new to the area, we don’t have any knowledge of local trails, events, or clubs. We are hoping that the OB forum will help connect us with local like minded people who want to get out often and see the world. If your in the area, and want to hit the trail we would love to join you. We look forward to meeting you and wheeling with you.
Welcome from Whidbey Island, WA! Make sure to check out the local region's forums for events and meetups. Also, the Rally Point system is very helpful. There is a FB page for the region as well. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are your local Member Reps (in the Willamette Valley area). If you have any questions or anything feel free to PM me or hit me up on the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep