First Name
Henry
Last Name
Carmona
Member #

Hey everyone, i just signed up :)

I'm in San Antonio, TX
Driving a stock '07 GX470
Only experience i have is camping out at Big Ben National Park (primitive campsites) before Overlanding even became a thing :)
I just need to get a rooftop tent and i'll be fishing a lot more :D

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello, I'm Brian and I'm brand new to the Overlanding concept. I recently retired after almost thirty years in law enforcement. I'm proud of the work I did, but I'm as equally glad that its behind me! I have always dreamed of traveling to remote locations, exploring things that are seldom seen and photographing them. I also want to practice my other passion from remote locations and that is ham radio. I recently bought a 1992 YJ Wrangler that is in the process of being rebuilt. I plan to keep it pretty basic as I'm not really a hard core off-roader. My only real experience in off-roading was driving an old M151 Jeep in the forests of Germany while in the Army. I'm hoping to learn a lot here about off-roading and Jeeps, and maybe help others that are interested in photography or ham radio.
Welcome from Reno. There is a Ham group that meets via echolink every Friday at 5: 30 Pacific time. They have a thread you can go to and ask about info. Also, there are a whole bunch of us shutter bugs in OB. There is also a photography thread on the main forums thread page. If you have any questions, you can contact the regional diretor @Narbob or your local member rep @Magic Mike. If you come over to Reno, make sure to say hi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Narbob and Kent R

TheBronze

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Montebello, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Washburn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6GBW
Service Branch
US Army
Welcome from Reno. There is a Ham group that meets via echolink every Friday at 5: 30 Pacific time. They have a thread you can go to and ask about info. Also, there are a whole bunch of us shutter bugs in OB. There is also a photography thread on the main forums thread page. If you have any questions, you can contact the regional diretor @Narbob or your local member rep @Magic Mike. If you come over to Reno, make sure to say hi.

Thanks Happy! I'll look into that. I still have some work to do on this old Jeep before I can get too serious. But it's gonna happen for sure!

B

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Henry (@RealtorInSA), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Currently I believe the closest meet up to you is up around Round Rock.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, i just signed up :)

I'm in San Antonio, TX
Driving a stock '07 GX470
Only experience i have is camping out at Big Ben National Park (primitive campsites) before Overlanding even became a thing :)
I just need to get a rooftop tent and i'll be fishing a lot more :D
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I'm Brian and I'm brand new to the Overlanding concept. I recently retired after almost thirty years in law enforcement. I'm proud of the work I did, but I'm as equally glad that its behind me! I have always dreamed of traveling to remote locations, exploring things that are seldom seen and photographing them. I also want to practice my other passion from remote locations and that is ham radio. I recently bought a 1992 YJ Wrangler that is in the process of being rebuilt. I plan to keep it pretty basic as I'm not really a hard core off-roader. My only real experience in off-roading was driving an old M151 Jeep in the forests of Germany while in the Army. I'm hoping to learn a lot here about off-roading and Jeeps, and maybe help others that are interested in photography or ham radio.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone, new to the forum (obviously) and to the overlanding scene. I recently bought a 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail. Excited to begin my overland journey and raise my son in the outdoors (not literally lol.) I previously owned an 88 gmc 1500, which was completely built for the mud.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am new to Overland Bound. Just got my first Jeep and would like to get into overlanding and camping with my family. I have some friends that rock crawl but I would rather go on trails and find great places than sit for hours trying to get over one rock.

Naperville, IL (Western suburb of Chicago)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Novice overlander, tent camping in past

I am looking forward to finding some like minded people/families and go on some trips.

View attachment 116799

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to Overland Bound, been catching up on many of the YouTube video’s. I live in Eastern EU (Kosovo) small developing country, not many overlanders here, and not too many places to go that I know of. If anyone has been here or is close to us, would love to start learning this community. I have a 2002 Nissan Patrol that honestly needs some work. But I do have a rooftop tent. Other wise it is pretty stock. And has some 4x4 issues, however I have not found anyone here that can work on it.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: EUBound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, Travis from Sweet Home Oregon checking in.
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Freespirit Recreation High Country tri-layer RTT
And lots of other goodies. I'll do a write up later, but just joined and introducing myself.
Looking forward to meeting fellow explorers
View attachment 116769

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

My name is Ryan and obviously brand new to the forum.
Currently based out of Las Vegas, NV
My truck is a 2014 Silverado that I'm just starting to outfit
Definitely a novice to the "overland" world, but not to the outdoors. I grew up in somewhat northern CA and spent a lot of time hiking and snowboarding around Tahoe. Also spent the last 9 years living in North Carolina near Charlotte.

View attachment 116702View attachment 116703

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

I’ve only been into the “overland” seen for about a year. I’m looking forward to learning more about it and meeting people. I’m from San Diego.

View attachment 116695
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
IG @SD.Taco

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

I'm Keith and I just joined the forum today. Looks like I'm to incude:

Picture: I didn't come that well prepared. lol I'll add one later
Experience: I used to do a little four wheeling as a younger guy. Had a 1985 toyota pickup with a small lift, tires, roll cage in the cab, etc. Was a fun little truck but underpowered for the tires! As far as overloading, I got really into ADV motorcycle riding a few years ago. I rode the mid atlantic BDR last year and have done many trips riding and camping off of my bike. My favorite was a trip last fall to ride the alps with a bunch of friends. We rode in Switzerland, France, and Italy. I had a lot of fun on the bike but was becoming more and more interested in back country travel, and my wife was worried I would drop the bike on myself and be stranded until help came along. We had a pretty bad bike wreck a few years ago and long story short she just never warmed up to me riding the bike again so over the winter I called it quits and sold my 2017 R1200GS Adventure that I had pretty well built up. I did a build thread on it at ADVrider.com under the title "meet gus". I absolutely loved that bike but I know it was the right decision for my family. I'm pretty excited to do these trips and be able to bring my wife and or kids along on some of them!
Rig: I just bought a 2010 4Runner trail.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: KMDADV

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Welcome Brian! I too am a 30 year LEO survivor (retired 8 years). This Saturday is a meetup at KC Lights in Gardena that you’re welcome to join, attached Rally Point. We’re also working on a monthly LA meetup, stay tuned.

www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-overlandbound-westside-la-meetup-06-09-2018.15855/

If you have any questions message me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from California. I'm 37 and relatively new to over landing. But really looking forward to get out in the field. I previously owned a 2015 Volkswagen golf sportwagen tdi but due to limited space and limited road clearance I decided to get in to a 2019 Ford ranger fx4 crew cab so I can get a small tent trailer and start taking my kids outdoors. I'm looking forward to outfit it for the wilderness

Reactions: Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey everyone!

I’ve only been into the “overland” seen for about a year. I’m looking forward to learning more about it and meeting people. I’m from San Diego.

View attachment 116695
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
IG @SD.Taco

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.
US West - San Diego Overland Bound Trail Runs
If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Barclay or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

New to me mall crawler '16 LR4 with hd pack but will be changed to a proper overlanding rig as time goes on.

Beginner as far as experience in overlanding but not adventure. See you on the trails!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Poseidon

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, New to Overlanding and hoping to learn as I go. Originally from New York City but retired from the Navy in 2002 and stayed In Alabama. Hope to hear from you guys. View attachment 116992View attachment 116993

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Our trailers look somewhat similar.

Attachments

Reactions: Poseidon