Lyle, wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Estepp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kj7KNZ
Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum(and overlanding) but not new to wheeling and camping. My wife, two kids, and I just moved to the Dallesport, Washington area (from southern Alabama)and want to start overlanding and getting outside more to enjoy the beautiful area. I recently just bought a new to me 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon after being without a Jeep for about a year. I had a 2012 Jeep JKU for years prior and used it as a daily driver and weekend wheeler. Haven’t really started a build on this one just yet, still researching what I want to do with it, but hopefully by next spring I’ll have it pretty well equipped. For now we have just been loading it up with camping gear and hitting the road. Being new to the area, we don’t have any knowledge of local trails, events, or clubs. We are hoping that the OB forum will help connect us with local like minded people who want to get out often and see the world. If your in the area, and want to hit the trail we would love to join you. We look forward to meeting you and wheeling with you.

Webman9113

Rank 0

Contributor I

USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hicks
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4EJU
Greetings, everyone! My wife and I have been avid RVers for the last 10 years, and plan to go full-time at some point after I can retire. We’ve also had dreams of visiting as many of the countless interesting places across the world. I’ve lurked and read about overlanding for a couple years now, and recently finally broached the idea to my wife: who said, “Great! When do we go?”

We’re currently in Hawaii with our 2008 Jeep WranglerJKU, and my plan is to gradually upgrade it for overland travel and have it fully ready (along with planning, etc.) by early 2023 when I can retire. In the meantime, I plan to continue learning and living vicariously through the travels of others!

MrCoffee

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Springfield, Vermont
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
U
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1PMW
Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum(and overlanding) but not new to wheeling and camping. My wife, two kids, and I just moved to the Dallesport, Washington area (from southern Alabama)and want to start overlanding and getting outside more to enjoy the beautiful area. I recently just bought a new to me 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon after being without a Jeep for about a year. I had a 2012 Jeep JKU for years prior and used it as a daily driver and weekend wheeler. Haven’t really started a build on this one just yet, still researching what I want to do with it, but hopefully by next spring I’ll have it pretty well equipped. For now we have just been loading it up with camping gear and hitting the road. Being new to the area, we don’t have any knowledge of local trails, events, or clubs. We are hoping that the OB forum will help connect us with local like minded people who want to get out often and see the world. If your in the area, and want to hit the trail we would love to join you. We look forward to meeting you and wheeling with you.
Welcome aboard from the Other coast!

Tons of members here have great info to share on building Jeeps and place to go out your way! Startup a build project thread as you go so we can watch your progress!

Cheers and again, Welcome!

Reactions: SgtCornCob

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

hello, my name is Alan, I live in Oklahoma. I have been offroading since I was 18, I am now 60. I have owned some great vehicles, jeep, toyota, chevy truck. I have done everything from mud racing to sand, and rock crawling. I am in no way an expert on anything. recently I needed a newer truck and got a 2013 Ram 1500, 5.7 hemi, 6 speed trans. I hope to make an overland camping, fishing, etc. rig out of it. It will be slow, as I am on disability, but I hope to get good info here. and one day have an awsome rig.
Welcome from Tulsa

Reactions: Prerunner1982

mwfrank22

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Dayton, OH
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Hello, Everyone!

Location: Knoxville, TN (we are working towards making back West to either Colorado or Oregon)
Vehicle: 2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Blizzard Pearl (3rd 4Runner, 8th Toyota, that I've owned and really excited to have one back in the family, I've had an '03 SR5 and an '07 Limited)
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding: We have always enjoyed traveling and seeing new things. Overlanding will give us the opportunity to get off the beaten path and see things in a new way that we wouldn't be able to otherwise. After purchasing our third 4Runner we decided it was time to get out there and use the 4Runner in a way that we have not fully embraced up to this point: off-roading and overlanding. Also, thanks to YouTube channels like Jason Koertge (SwellRunner), LLOD, FOTORNR and many others we probably haven't seen yet, we've gotten a change to see the fun it can be. With lots of mods and opportunities out there we are looking to have some real fun with our new beast.

Here is a before photo taken one week to the day after we bought it as we began our journey with our rig.

026426D4-9A72-492E-81B5-6137CD228198.JPEG

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
Howdy All,
I am the same 1 Leg Lance from Expedition Portal and a few other places....
Been playing this "overland" game since 2007, teaching at Overland Expos since the first one, traveled the world and had a:
FJ Cruiser - did the full Continental Divide in that, shown at SEMA twice
Sportsmobile - shown at SEMA and plenty of trips around the southwest
75 Series Troopie imported from Oz
70 Burb full resto mod, chase rig in the Mexican 1000, and much more
17 Taco DCLB with a Treehouse camper.....soon to be for sale
and currently building a Sportsmobile Poptop Transit with Quadvan 4wd for SEMA 2019, Mexican 1000 chasing and Overland Expo West

20190615_095217-1024x768.jpg

Jeep jeeep

Rank I

Contributor III

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Hello Scott (@Jeep jeeep ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. You didn't specify where in AZ you are but there are a couple of meet ups around the state, hopefully one is close to you.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
Thanks for the info and contact points. We'll be tapping all resources as we get more vested in the life.

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

Welcome to OB, I’m also in the Gorge 40 miles west of you. Lots of places around Klickitat & Skamania counties to explore. Hopefully we can meetup sometime.

OverlandHansen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Norway
First Name
Ole Andreas
Last Name
Hansen
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Hi all,

Living in Norway with my KDJ95L from 2001.

No overlanding experience....yet[emoji41]

Looking forward to get some inspiration from this forum.

Ole A.
2019-08-26-11-01-21.jpg

Tano

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ringwood, NJ, USA
First Name
Tano
Last Name
Mendes
Member #

Greeting from Ringwood in the no fun state of Jersey !!
Planning on getting my rubicon ready for overlanding this winter !!
So far my plan is lightweight travel using mostly gear that can serve dual purpose !! Has an avid hiker camper and bike rider my gear will be same across the board !!
Used to overland on my ural gear up but kids have grown and I needed something bigger !
Cheers

Attachments

Cornfed

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arizona, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Lane
Hey Everyone!
1) Don't have a picture at the moment unfortunately (Truck is in Spokane Washington and I'm in New Mexico at the moment)
2) Currently living near Spokane, WA but will be moving to Arizona at the end of October
3) 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins Diesel with S&B Cold Air Intake, 4 in straight pipe turbo-back, Road Armor Stealth front bumper, Smarty tuner, Edge Insight CTS2 monitor, Fass Titanium 95 gph lift pump, 265/70 R17 Cooper S/T Maxx tires, Newly rebuilt transmission, in bed toolbox
4) Novice expirience when it comes to overlanding.
I've always loved the outdoors (hunting, camping, hiking, etc.) and have decided an overland build would suit me perfectly for what i want out of my truck. Been outdoors all my life and have done a fair bit of off-roading but am no expert by any means. Been looking around on forums like this to get ideas for my build and would love to learn all I can about overlanding.

lvl112

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Cornelius, NC, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Simeon
Member #

Hey everyone!

New to me mall crawler '16 LR4 with hd pack but will be changed to a proper overlanding rig as time goes on.

Beginner as far as experience in overlanding but not adventure. See you on the trails!

Attachments

Last edited:

Rookiecamper

Rank 0

Contributor I

Palmdale, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Escobedo
Hello from California. I'm 37 and relatively new to over landing. But really looking forward to get out in the field. I previously owned a 2015 Volkswagen golf sportwagen tdi but due to limited space and limited road clearance I decided to get in to a 2019 Ford ranger fx4 crew cab so I can get a small tent trailer and start taking my kids outdoors. I'm looking forward to outfit it for the wilderness

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all. My name is Trevor. Never heard of overlanding before but it sounds interesting. I have a 2017 Ram 1500 that I just purchased. I do enjoy off roading but do not do much of that as of yet. I have traveled East coast to west many many times. I have driven through Canada to Alaska and have enjoyed it. While I have had specific destinations to go to I always choose to drive as I love seeing this country. I would consider myself a novice overlander. I am currently stationed in Alameda CA while my wife and kids live in Idaho. I will be able to go home for good in a year's time. Thank you for the opportunity to join this group and learn more about overlanding.
Welcome to Overland Bound. As @KentR stated I a your U.S. West Member Representative, so if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me here on the forums @Magic Mike or you can contact our Regional Director @Narbob

Make sure you browse through the New member threads this will allow you to see how much information that our site contains. Also take a look at Rally Points (US West) for Meetups in your local area. There is a monthly meetup in Dublin, which is basically in your backyard. Also check out the Calendar thread for trips, meetups and events.

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R