Launch Member

Member I

Renton, WA, USA
First Name
Binky
Last Name
Launius
Member #

Hi all, excited to be a part of this group. Fairly new to the world of overlanding but have been building up my dream rig for the past two years. Moved to the Seattle, WA area a little over a year ago from Austin, TX and am really enjoying getting used to the new terrain out here on the PNW. I would love to learn more about overlanding safety, recovery, and driving best practices. I mostly travel alone, so I'm a little more timid than I would like to be but have still managed to put about 5k off road miles on my truck in the rear I've been out here.

Member #20169

2017 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4 Off Road package
Icon Stage 4 Suspension
Expedition One rear bumper
Fab Fours front bumper (no winch - actively looking for a new winch ready bumper that I like)
ARE Camper Shell (i made a mistake by not getting the HD version so It can't bare a lot of weight and I don't have the swing open side windows)
2x Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform room racks
Foxwing awning
Decked bed drawers
Ultimate Rod Case fly rod holder and Rhino Rack 4 rod fishing rod holder

Lucy_02.jpgmountainsd.jpghigh.jpgbeach.jpg20171111_131031.jpgEORB02.jpgqueets.jpgsticker.jpg

Joey66H

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Murrieta, CA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Meyer
Member #

Hello, new member here

My name is Joey, I am married and have 2 kids, both boys, 11 and 5. I am an ER RN and a Trauma RN in the CA Army National Guard. I drive a 2018 Toyota Tacoma OR 4x4. Looking to meet some more people to go ride some trails with.

woodsy_84t

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Petawawa Ontario Canada
First Name
Terrence
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hello, my name is Terry. ( woodsy_84t) . I live in Petawawa Ontario Canada, but originally from Newfoundland. I drive a 2018 Tacoma OR. Basic upgrades including sliders, ditch lights, tires, and a softopper. I have been overlanding and trail riding for two years.

Attachments

Tacomanic

Rank 0

Contributor I

Concord, NH
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Todd
Hi All,
I live in southern New Hampshire and just traded in my 07 Tundra for a shiny new 19 Tacoma OR—in quicksand. Some people love it. Some people hate it. I love it. So much so that I can’t bring myself to take it out and pinstripe it just yet. I will post a picture later, but wanted to get my first post completed. Don’t know much about overlanding, but I think I would like it. I went “off roading” a few times in the last few years. Let’s see, I went squirrel hunting once on a logging road with my 07 Elantra, I went deer hunting with my 11 Ford Escape in some secluded backroads in Weare, and I crawled on about 5 cubic yards of New Hampshire river rock that was delivered to my driveway for a landscaping project. So, in other words, I’ve got almost no experience with any of this stuff. That said, I like to camp, hunt and have always wanted to do some cross country unpaved driving, but not necessarily serious rock crawling. So there’s my book and my first post. If you’re in New Hampshire, reach out and let’s see what this overlanding is all about. Thanks!

Truckerwilz

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Cottage Grove, MN, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Wilzbacher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0FEJ
Hello everyone,

My name is Andrew
My rig is a 2000 silverado 1500 z71
I'm from Cottage Grove, MN USA
I'm brand new to over landing, I have camped out in my trucks before but never in an over landing kind of way. I'm currently in the process of building my rig for such trips and adventures.

Captstout

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah, USA
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Ray
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Andrew
My rig is a 2000 silverado 1500 z71
I'm from Cottage Grove, MN USA
I'm brand new to over landing, I have camped out in my trucks before but never in an over landing kind of way. I'm currently in the process of building my rig for such trips and adventures.
Welcome.

One thing that was pointed out to me is...if you camp from your car, and love adventure then you are an overlander. Lol

Good luck. These folks are awesome

islanderFJ

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Jumayao
Member #

Hi everyone ( Hafa Adai and Aloha)
No rig here yet, I do have a Kia Sorento that we use for simple local camping, lakes parks, etc. My wife and I are Overlander wanna be's. I grew up in the islands - Guam, Hawaii now live in the biggest island - Texas. Hoping to buy a jeep here really soon. As far as experience I am definitely a novice, hoping to do research here and ask questions from all of you pros. Thanks for the add to the group!

Last edited:

islanderFJ

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Jumayao
Member #

Hi overlanders,

My name is Rick and i'm a Dutch fellow that ended up in Norway a few years ago and never went back.

I've been working on Land Rovers and overlanding for over 15 years, both as work and hobby.
However, when I moved to Scandinavia I decided to join the local tradition and buy a Volvo hehe.

Although, it's not your average Volvo family estate, it's a 1968 ex Norwegian army Volvo L3314N (Valp).
It has had pretty much a full rebuild to run 38x15,5 Arctic Trucks tires and has been converted to a little camper.
On Instagram @Henrythemancavecamper you will find some more info and photos of the little Volvo.

I've ordered my OB membership package and I'm looking forward to receive this and get in contact with more like-minded people.

View attachment 111095View attachment 111103
Wow that is one cool Overlanding vehicle Rick, that must take you one some great adventures. Just followed you on instagram!

Reactions: Kent R

Captstout

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah, USA
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Ray
Member #

Hi everyone ( Hafa Adai and Aloha)
No rig here yet, I do have a Kia Sorento that we use for simple local camping, lakes parks, etc. My wife and I are Overlander wanna be's. I grew up in the islands - Guam, Hawaii now live in the biggest island - Texas. Hoping to buy a jeep here really soon. As far as experience I am definitely a novice, hoping to do research here and ask questions from you all of pros. Thanks for the add to the group!
Welcome.

Kia Sorento is not bad. It is a great start. My kids use theirs to load up and get off the beaten path (we don't get real far, but far enough).

Have fun and enjoy.

Reactions: islanderFJ

islanderFJ

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Jumayao
Member #

Welcome.

Kia Sorento is not bad. It is a great start. My kids use theirs to load up and get off the beaten path (we don't get real far, but far enough).

Have fun and enjoy.
Thanks for the welcome. I like my Sorento but had some electrical problems don't want to risk being stuck somewhere. LOL, oh wait maybe that's the whole idea !!! You too :-)

Captstout

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah, USA
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Ray
Member #

Thanks for the welcome. I like my Sorento but had some electrical problems don't want to risk being stuck somewhere. LOL, oh wait maybe that's the whole idea !!! You too :-)
Yep. To get stuck somewhere. Lol

My kids have some Cooper AT3s on their Sorento. Again, not terrible. Like my Wifes Pilot, not a lot of ground clearance or heavy city anything. But, we can load up and get on some trails. There is a lot of info on this page.

AWOLJK

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Spokane County, Washington, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Ponce
Member #

New guy here, currently in TX moved from WA. Been off-roading in my jeep for a bit now. Looking forward to learning from you guys. I have zero overlanding experience but eager to get into it. Planning on building up my ‘12 Jeep Wrangler.

Attachments

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello everyone from Dallas Texas area, new to the forum and to the way of life. I'm in the process of making a few modifications to my two 100 series vehicles, i have a 1999 Landcruiser and a 2000 LX470. Not 100% sure which one (yet) will ultimately end up being my primary rig. I look forward to learning a great deal from the forum and I am already in the process of planning my first trip. I have tons of experience camping and have moderate to good mechanical skill (i do most of all the work on my cruisers). Thanks for the forum!
Welcome from Oklahoma

Iwata77

Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

New guy here, currently in TX moved from WA. Been off-roading in my jeep for a bit now. Looking forward to learning from you guys. I have zero overlanding experience but eager to get into it. Planning on building up my ‘12 Jeep Wrangler.
Welcome from Oklahoma

Iwata77

Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi all, excited to be a part of this group. Fairly new to the world of overlanding but have been building up my dream rig for the past two years. Moved to the Seattle, WA area a little over a year ago from Austin, TX and am really enjoying getting used to the new terrain out here on the PNW. I would love to learn more about overlanding safety, recovery, and driving best practices. I mostly travel alone, so I'm a little more timid than I would like to be but have still managed to put about 5k off road miles on my truck in the rear I've been out here.

Member #20169

2017 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4 Off Road package
Icon Stage 4 Suspension
Expedition One rear bumper
Fab Fours front bumper (no winch - actively looking for a new winch ready bumper that I like)
ARE Camper Shell (i made a mistake by not getting the HD version so It can't bare a lot of weight and I don't have the swing open side windows)
2x Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform room racks
Foxwing awning
Decked bed drawers
Ultimate Rod Case fly rod holder and Rhino Rack 4 rod fishing rod holder

View attachment 115767View attachment 115768View attachment 115766View attachment 115764View attachment 115763View attachment 115765View attachment 115769View attachment 115770
Welcome from Oklahoma Nice setup and sweet decal!

Reactions: Binky and Kent R

CaminoNana

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Jose, CA
First Name
Joyce
Last Name
Holleman
I am a retired 71 yr old grandmother living in San Jose, CA
who loves being in nature, camping and hiking. I am uncomfortable solo camping on ground with human and animals roaming so just got a Tepui Ayer on my 2006 Honda CRV. I borrowed a RTT from a friend of my son's and went on a solo trip close to home prior to purchase of my Tepui. Taking off next week for first solo in Ayer. I have a strudy 3 step folding step stool to assist with set up and take down.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hello! My name is Steve and I'm happy to part of this great group of people. My ugly mug is over there in my avatar. Also included in my tribe is my wife and two little girls who are 1 & 3. We reside in Spokane Valley, Washington.

I have two overland capable vehicles, a 2004 4Runner 4WD V6 that's stock save for airbags and a 1994 Toyota T100 4WD that is re-geared to 5.29s and a front Lock-Right.
My experience level is moderate. I grew up in the country and have off-roaded and dirt-roaded a bit, and camped a bit, but have rarely married the two together. Here is a good reason to do that.

I hope to be a good and contributing member of this group and overall movement.
View attachment 115448
View attachment 115452
Welcome to the group. Keep an eye on the calendar and rally point list for events in the northwest.
We have a monthly conferance call on the 3rd Sunday of the month @ 7:30.