Launch Member

Contributor I

Beaumont, California, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Hello! First post.... I'm Jeff, I have a 2016 Tacoma I'm outfitting for overlanding. It's really coming along. Suspension, Maxtrax, LED's, RotoPax, Bed Rack, recovery gear,..... I love this rig! Currently I'm in search of a RTT, so I can camp/play throughout Southern California. I hope to meet you folks out there.
20190310_141543.jpg

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

First of all, thank you for the opportunity on becoming a new member of such a respected community.

Located in Miami, Florida.

Have a couple of FJ40's and an FZJ-80 Series on its way soon.
View attachment 115271
Love the outdoors, hiked and camped at Grand Canyon twice. Kids are grown up, wife and I planning road trips near future.

Life is good, respect one another.

Thanks again.
Fernando
Welcome to OB! Nice Toyotas

Norcaldude707

Rank 0

Contributor I

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Jermaine
Last Name
B
Hey keep me posted on what you do with it I'm curious as I've always wanted an f150 for overlanding but got a toyo instead and have fun doing so can't wait to see your ideas on it.
Will do! I am definitely looking forward to my build. So far i got the following either in my possession on coming in the mail:
- Fox 2.5 w/resi coilovers and shocks for the rears
- Icon UCAs
- Method wheels wrapped in Falken Wild Peak AT3Ws
- 1.5 inch rear block kit

Next will be replacement of front and rear bumpers, Decked truck bed drawer system, Leitner Active Cargo System, and Ikamper roof top tent.

Reactions: N8rhino and Iwata77

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi! New to overloading!
Rig is a 2015 F150 FX4. From Seattle. I caught the bug...
Did a few sections of the WABDR and looking to get out more and learn with all y'all!View attachment 115192
Welcome from Whidbey Island! Make sure to check out the local region's forums for events and meetups. Also the Rally Point system is very helpful. There happens to also be a FB page for this region. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or hit me up on the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

WolfWings

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Oakview, MO, USA
First Name
Wolf
Last Name
Member #

Hi everyone, got introduced to this site thanks to a friend down in Florida discovering it!

Rig: 2018 Subaru BRZ. Yes really.
Experience: Used to do it extensively growing up in the family Jeep Comanche (still in the family!), but I'm a decade out of practice so I'm re-learning the ropes with the vehicle I own currently. Good tire options are available, seats are very comfy for long drives and sleeping in without issue, and a shockingly large amount of storage for the vehicle size to carry supplies and tools. Do what you can with what you have, get more as you can to do more, and know your limits!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi everyone, got introduced to this site thanks to a friend down in Florida discovering it!

Experience: Used to do it extensively growing up in the family Jeep Comanche (still in the family!), but I'm a decade out of practice so I'm re-learning the ropes with the vehicle I own currently. Good tire options are available, seats are very comfy for long drives and sleeping in without issue, and a shockingly large amount of storage for the vehicle size to carry supplies and tools. Do what you can with what you have, get more as you can to do more, and know your limits!
Welcome! Have fun with your Sub and getting out there!

Reactions: WolfWings

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
New guy to the forums here. Member on lots of other Jeep and Motorcycle related forums

Ride: 1995 Jeep XJ Country (this is XJ #4 for me)
"Mods":
"UpCountry" clone lift
Factory T-case skid
Homebuilt rock rails
Power Trax No-Slip in the Dana 30
WJ Grand Cherokee Seats
2 Inch reciever hitches front and rear
UV50X2 radio mounted over head with antenna on driver's side fender. (KK6RBI / WQYH678)

About me: Been into Jeeps since I was a kid. Always enjoyed getting out and exploring in them and camping in out of the way places rather than conquering the hardest terrain around. I spent 13 years as Marine doing aviation side maintenance on CH-53s, C130s and V22s. I got out in 2016 and moved into a job as a Firefighter/EMT and have been enjoying that quite a bit. I currently live in Hunt County Texas about an hour east of Dallas and right now most of my wheeling/camping is done up in Oklahoma and Arkansas with a once a year trip further out when I can wrangle the time off.

Hope to contribute around here and maybe meet some of ya'll in the future. Have a great day/night.

Sancruz

Rank II

Member I

Vancouver
First Name
Sandro
Last Name
Mariotti
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Sancruz

Rank II

Member I

Vancouver
First Name
Sandro
Last Name
Mariotti
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hey there...just a quick intro.

Am new to the who;e over landing experience. I live in Vancouver Canada on the North Shore. 2018 Raco seen below. Just starting to kit it out. Have been camping 12 days with the new RTT this season so far.

9ABDA0E5-7C4F-4971-92AD-989A7EECF370.jpeg

Nanuka

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sanford, FL, USA
First Name
Jessica
Last Name
Tooley
Member #

[emoji830]︎Location: Central Florida
[emoji830]︎Rig: 2000 Toyota 4runner SR5 RWD
[emoji830]︎Experience: Novice Spectator

I've had many-a-opportunity to participate in over landing as passenger only, until now. As of April 2019 I finally have my own beast to take lead with!

Consistently been a contributing part of my local Roadster (see; Miata) community for 5 years now. With a multitude of autocross ventures behind me, I'm hoping to literally and figuratively- take the road less traveled.

As of this very moment, I don't know of any regional overlanding events- (as shown, only seen Jeep groups at Ace Café). Cannot wait to change that!20190503_191541.jpeg20190530_144210.jpeg

Attachments

WolfWings

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Oakview, MO, USA
First Name
Wolf
Last Name
Member #

I've had many-a-opportunity to participate in over landing as passenger only, until now. As of April 2019 I finally have my own beast to take lead with!
Heyas, there you are, and thank you for pointing me this way too... it's been too many years and I missed doing this stuff. Here's to capital-A Adventure!

OverlandJK

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Reno
Hey welcome Mr Lurker... :wink: come join us in September the 3rd Sunday at Mountain Mike’s in Ripon Ca, 1-3pm. We usually do about a trip a month. So far this summer we have done Mojave Road, Usal Beach and Road, Bodie, and last weekend Plumas NF.

Come if you can,

Dave
Thanks I do hope to make it out. I have followed the meetup thread for awhile now. It seems I am always gone the third weekend.

Reactions: PapaDave

csmullins89

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Fairfax, VA, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Mullins
Member #

Hi all,

I posted here once before but was in the process of purchasing my truck. Yesterday finally picked up my 2011 GMC Canyon and couldn't help but share. Not to just find some decent trails around northern Virginia to test out its capabilities. If anyone has suggestions on trails I'm all ears.

Thanks all,

Attachments

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Welcome from Oklahoma

Reactions: WolfWings

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

New guy to the forums here. Member on lots of other Jeep and Motorcycle related forums

"Mods":
"UpCountry" clone lift
Factory T-case skid
Homebuilt rock rails
WJ Grand Cherokee Seats
UV50X2 radio mounted over head with antenna on driver's side fender. (KK6RBI / WQYH678)

About me: Been into Jeeps since I was a kid. Always enjoyed getting out and exploring in them and camping in out of the way places rather than conquering the hardest terrain around. I spent 13 years as Marine doing aviation side maintenance on CH-53s, C130s and V22s. I got out in 2016 and moved into a job as a Firefighter/EMT and have been enjoying that quite a bit. I currently live in Hunt County Texas about an hour east of Dallas and right now most of my wheeling/camping is done up in Oklahoma and Arkansas with a once a year trip further out when I can wrangle the time off.

Hope to contribute around here and maybe meet some of ya'll in the future. Have a great day/night.

Welcome from Oklahoma

Last edited:
Reactions: Downs

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Consistently been a contributing part of my local Roadster (see; Miata) community for 5 years now. With a multitude of autocross ventures behind me, I'm hoping to literally and figuratively- take the road less traveled.

As of this very moment, I don't know of any regional overlanding events- (as shown, only seen Jeep groups at Ace Café). Cannot wait to change that!View attachment 115352View attachment 115353
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Nanuka

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there...just a quick intro.

Am new to the who;e over landing experience. I live in Vancouver Canada on the North Shore. 2018 Raco seen below. Just starting to kit it out. Have been camping 12 days with the new RTT this season so far.

View attachment 115344
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

"Mods":
"UpCountry" clone lift
Factory T-case skid
Homebuilt rock rails
WJ Grand Cherokee Seats

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

The DFW area is just getting going again with a meet-up, if your interested check out this Rally Point for details.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/dfw-monthly-recurring-overland-bound-meet/

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @brien on the forum

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.