Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Where: Greetings from North Texas!
What: 2019 4Runner TRD pro.
Experience: Just enough. Mostly a solo traveler.

Have built and equipped a few Jeeps and several Toyotas for just this kind of travel. I’m also a trailer guy.

Looking forward to exploring the community, thank you very much!

Bob
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

The DFW area is just getting going again with a meet-up, if your interested check out this Rally Point for details.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/dfw-monthly-recurring-overland-bound-meet/

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @brien on the forum. Your closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey to all -
Funny how roads seem to converge.Here is an example
Recentally I am a local google guide combining exploration ,camping and adventuring putting up reviews of "underserved destinations" as a way to fill that void. I stumble into youtube -drawing ideas and insperation on how to better fill that void and yesterday I just spent a couple hours watching Kevin and family transitioning and now find myself here.
As for my overlanding platform we use a Tucson by default but spent 13 years with 04 ford F250 extended cab with a high top cap with several towables.We lived near the Blue Ridge parkway and spent countless hours exploring and adventuring.We are now tent camping again out of a SUV- after several iderations in the past two years , we are at a cross roads again. We have spent the past two years adventuring within our means but I expect a change is coming more out of need rather than want. As a planner I find joy in preparing as well as execution. Today my focus is on finding our next exploration platform that will get us "out thier" again.
I dont believe in accidents or coincidences so I plan on enjoying my association and hopefully fellowship with you all.Feel free to reach out.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

My name is Michael.

Rig: 2006 Land Rover LR3 (just acquired it and ready to outfit it).
Experience: Novice. (Stumbled upon Overland Bound and it hit me that I need to get out there. It’s the void that’s been missing in my life).
View attachment 114556

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Rover575

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, new comer here Trash (Kirby Wallace) . I drive 1984 Land Rover D90 with 300tdi diesel.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

COREadventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Burch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6WGG
The new guy introducing himself. Live and practice in Bakersfield avid outdoorsman. Looking for a new adventure to see the places on my bucket list.
Waiting on my 2020 T4r. Rookie status ready for new challenges.
Welcome Courtland,

We just had our first monthly meet up here in Bakersfield and tentatively have our next meet up planned for the September 15th. Drop your introduction in this thread Bakersfield - Monthly Meet Up

I know a few of us will be attending Rally Sierras 2019 so hope to see you at either of those next month.

Reactions: Kent R

digitaljones

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Piedmont, California, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Houlder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN0PWN
Hi everyone! My details are below:

Rig: 2018 4Runner Off Road Premium (with some mods)
Overlanding Experience/Background: Novice with experience with a couple of classes on off roading and recovery.
Goals: Really excited to join this group and participate in the forums and ideally some meetups

Thanks.

Chris

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hi everyone! My details are below:

Rig: 2018 4Runner Off Road Premium (with some mods)
Overlanding Experience/Background: Novice with experience with a couple of classes on off roading and recovery.
Goals: Really excited to join this group and participate in the forums and ideally some meetups

Thanks.

Chris
Welcome to the group from NC.

rcovich

Rank I

Contributor I

3161 South Wells Street, Chicago, IL, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Covich
Member #

Hello,
I am in Chicago I used to do a lot of hiking until I blew my knee and Achilles out. I am looking for new adventure and after watching a few overland series on YouTube I really think I could get into over-landing. I am a complete novice to overland and currently do not have a dedicated rig to overland but I do own an F-150 which I will start looking to modify to be both my everyday and overland vehicle. I joined overland bound to meet people, learn what equipment works best and just learn all the do’s and don’ts that are not in any book.

djljr

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Folsom, CA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Linneman
Member #

@djljr hey I grew up around sac. Was in fair oaks for high school at b.v and lived in rancho for a bit. How’s Cali treating you. Other than expensive :)
Hi, It's crowded and expensive. We've been in California our whole life and in Folsom for about 20 years. I would love to move out of state but my wife won't leave the kids...lol. Looks like we'll stick it out.

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

Hi, It's crowded and expensive. We've been in California our whole life and in Folsom for about 20 years. I would love to move out of state but my wife won't leave the kids...lol. Looks like we'll stick it out.
Umm can’t you take the kids with you lol. When do they turn 18 and can thus be kicked out of the nest?

jonmonwon

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

First Name
Jon
Last Name
Montiel
Member #

Howdy everyone, I just purchased a member package but I’ve been a fan of overland bound for a couple years now. I’ve enjoyed watching all the YouTube videos to learn and expand my knowledge.
I live in Parker, Colorado (Denver metro), and currently drive a Subaru Crosstrek. Keeping my eyes peeled for a low miles FJ cruiser, Tacoma or 4Runner TRD. I want something more capable for all the awesome trails here in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain/Utah region.

MuloChico

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Modesto, Ca
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Hamilton
Member #

New to forum but I've been doing this type of off-roading for 40 years. Had a 2wd Datsun (slight lift, tires, etc) in the late '70s that I took amazing places.

Current vehicles are:
1990 Ford F250: lifted 4" slightly bigger tires. Have had it 10+ years, my get out of town vehicle.
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo: My wife's. 4" lift and a little bigger tires Limited off highway use as the wife wants to keep it nice.
1988 Wrangler :My son's. The Ford got him interested, now he's hooked.
1999 Grand Cherokee: Just picked it up for $1,100. This is going to be my main over-lander. Lots of plans, just need to get it mechanically sound as a base to start from.

Home Base is Modesto, Ca

I'm glad to find this forum and look forward to learn/share hear as I am on several others for the different vehicles.

4Runner73

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alford
Member #

New to forum but I've been doing this type of off-roading for 40 years. Had a 2wd Datsun (slight lift, tires, etc) in the late '70s that I took amazing places.

Current vehicles are:
1990 Ford F250: lifted 4" slightly bigger tires. Have had it 10+ years, my get out of town vehicle.
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo: My wife's. 4" lift and a little bigger tires Limited off highway use as the wife wants to keep it nice.
1999 Grand Cherokee: Just picked it up for $1,100. This is going to be my main over-lander. Lots of plans, just need to get it mechanically sound as a base to start from.

Home Base is Modesto, Ca

I'm glad to find this forum and look forward to learn/share hear as I am on several others for the different vehicles.
Welcome

digitaljones

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Piedmont, California, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Houlder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN0PWN

Current vehicles are:

Home Base is Modesto, Ca

Welcome! My son is 13 and I'm already trying to convince him that we should get him a Wrangler for when he gets his license. I will take good care of it until then. :D