Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello,

I have a 2018 JKUR AEV for my adventures which I bought a few months ago. I have not done overlanding, but did some camping as a kid and adult. I miss camping. I am from the Las Vegas area. A picture of my Jeep will be in time.
Welcome. Sounds like you're well equipped for overlsnding with your JKUR. If you have any questions please let me know.

Theovdw

Rank 0

Contributor I

Belgium
First Name
Theo
Last Name
Vanden Wyngaert
Welcome! Love the Defender! When you get the new vehicle, what are you going to do with the Defender?
Hi, I had to sell the Defender. It is already gone and now I'm sure I will regret it many times. But for the travels the Isuzu will be more convenient and offering more space.
Hopefully it will arrive within 2 weeks !

Contributor I

Auburndale, FL, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Harris
Hey to all -
Funny how roads seem to converge.Here is an example
Recentally I am a local google guide combining exploration ,camping and adventuring putting up reviews of "underserved destinations" as a way to fill that void. I stumble into youtube -drawing ideas and insperation on how to better fill that void and yesterday I just spent a couple hours watching Kevin and family transitioning and now find myself here.
As for my overlanding platform we use a Tucson by default but spent 13 years with 04 ford F250 extended cab with a high top cap with several towables.We lived near the Blue Ridge parkway and spent countless hours exploring and adventuring.We are now tent camping again out of a SUV- after several iderations in the past two years , we are at a cross roads again. We have spent the past two years adventuring within our means but I expect a change is coming more out of need rather than want. As a planner I find joy in preparing as well as execution. Today my focus is on finding our next exploration platform that will get us "out thier" again.
I dont believe in accidents or coincidences so I plan on enjoying my association and hopefully fellowship with you all.Feel free to reach out.

Contributor I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Swanson
Thanks Drew. I like remote camping spots, usually in the mountains. Good trails or anything near a lake to do some fishing!
I went up to Josephus lake a couple times this summer. It's a NF campground but if you're not there on the weekend you could have the place to yourself. There is good fishing there as well as at Soldier lakes which are a pretty easy day hike. If you want a rocky 4x4 route there head up to Seafoam lake. There is one really nice camp spot next to the lake there. This area is also near stanley, ID and the sawtooths which you will want to visit if you are in the area. You dont get secluded camping around the sawtooths unless you're backpacking though.

I have some photos and videos of Josephus Lake on my website here..

And the Seafoam drive...

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

@djljr hey I grew up around sac. Was in fair oaks for high school at b.v and lived in rancho for a bit. How’s Cali treating you. Other than expensive :)

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Tacoma06Cj

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Avon, CO, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Lancaster
Member #

Hello Everyone!

My name is Michael.

Rig: 2006 Land Rover LR3 (just acquired it and ready to outfit it).
Experience: Novice. (Stumbled upon Overland Bound and it hit me that I need to get out there. It’s the void that’s been missing in my life).
View attachment 114556
Outfitting is Fun, rewarding, & a Pain in the butt... But the feeling of Christmas coming early always is a great feeling. Good Luck & We look forward to seeing the progress.

Reactions: Rover575

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Where: Greetings from North Texas!
What: 2019 4Runner TRD pro.
Experience: Just enough. Mostly a solo traveler.

Have built and equipped a few Jeeps and several Toyotas for just this kind of travel. I’m also a trailer guy.

Looking forward to exploring the community, thank you very much!

Bob
Welcome from NC.

desl

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Berkeley, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Lennon
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6VNY
Hi there! New member here from Berkeley, CA. I found Overland Bound while looking for nearby trails that might be close enough and short enough to do as day trips with my oldest son (3) who thinks my 1994 Jeep Wrangler is the best vehicle that ever was (possible exception for the SR-71 Blackbird).

Have done a few car camping trips in the last few years but have a backpacking and other camping background as an Eagle Scout.

We’re novices for sure! We’d like to try some mild over landing with the Jeep and our family of 4. That said we camped in Big Sur last week in our Nissan mini van and a Coleman tent.

For fun, here’s a pic of the rig when my neighbor had a pile of wood chips delivered to his driveway. I felt obligated to at least climbing up.
D1560B40-7BAB-46CC-8E67-937D83B62B9B.jpeg

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Where: Greetings from North Texas!
What: 2019 4Runner TRD pro.
Experience: Just enough. Mostly a solo traveler.

Have built and equipped a few Jeeps and several Toyotas for just this kind of travel. I’m also a trailer guy.

Looking forward to exploring the community, thank you very much!

Bob
Welcome from Oklahoma

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Michael (@Rover575), welcome from Oklahoma. Spent much of my childhood around Hobbs, but it's obviously been a while since I have been there as I either didn't know or didn't remember that the area had changed.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Bob (@Cryin’Bob ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hello Everyone!

My name is Michael.

Rig: 2006 Land Rover LR3 (just acquired it and ready to outfit it).
Experience: Novice. (Stumbled upon Overland Bound and it hit me that I need to get out there. It’s the void that’s been missing in my life).
View attachment 114556
Welcome LRD3 lover and fellow New Mexican. I'm over here in the Mimbres near Silver City. Let me know your OB likes and maybe we can roam around and explore together.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello new member here!
Travis
Maryland
2000 Jeep xj with some goodies
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there! New member here from Berkeley, CA. I found Overland Bound while looking for nearby trails that might be close enough and short enough to do as day trips with my oldest son (3) who thinks my 1994 Jeep Wrangler is the best vehicle that ever was (possible exception for the SR-71 Blackbird).

Have done a few car camping trips in the last few years but have a backpacking and other camping background as an Eagle Scout.

We’re novices for sure! We’d like to try some mild over landing with the Jeep and our family of 4. That said we camped in Big Sur last week in our Nissan mini van and a Coleman tent.

For fun, here’s a pic of the rig when my neighbor had a pile of wood chips delivered to his driveway. I felt obligated to at least climbing up.
View attachment 114621

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Rally Sierras is coming up in September.
Overland Bound Rally Sierras 2019 + New 2-Day Off-Road//Overland Training Event

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
The new guy introducing himself. Live and practice in Bakersfield avid outdoorsman. Looking for a new adventure to see the places on my bucket list.
Waiting on my 2020 T4r. Rookie status ready for new challenges.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @TOMB

Rally Sierras in September
Overland Bound Rally Sierras 2019 + New 2-Day Off-Road//Overland Training Event

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds