Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi All,

Just joined the community today - my name is Danny and I'm in the Denver area. Would consider myself moderately experienced in Overland travel in general, but would like to explore more remote destinations and participate in some group self-supported trips to that end.

I've had a 2011 FJ Cruiser for the past few months - modifications so far are mainly focused on Overland capability while maintaining comfort for my wife and I (we traveled for a couple months in my old two-door Jeep with a bikini top a few years back - that was an experience for sure).

Rig as it currently sits - thanks for the great community!
Welcome! Denver, what a great starting point!

Make sure to check out your local region's forums for events and meetups. Also the Rally Point system is very helpful.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Raymund. You can call me Ray for short. I love the outdoors, camping and off-roading. New to this group and looking forward to learn new things and meet new friends. So glad to be part of the overland bound family.

Rig: 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Experience: Beginner
Welcome! Love the FJ!

Inca4x4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
First Name
luis
Last Name
montes
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.
Thanks!! Thats good to know.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello I'm Eric. Forever adventurer, wanderer, explorer....

Grew up on the great plains of Oklahoma, but now call Southern California home (at least for now).

My rig is a 2016 Ford F150 FX4 setup with a Kvoodoo Rack and Tuffstuff Overland RTT.

I'm just getting into overlanding, but have been an avid outdoors man all my life, so naturally this just makes sense.

Delighted to make your acquaintance and I can't wait to see everything this community has to offer.
Welcome from Tulsa!

Reactions: bearded_spaceman

amherstBob

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Amherst, VA, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Chase
Member #

Hi, amherstBob here, in central Virginia
Am a novice as is my grandson. But ... we both have tickets to Overland East in October. We’re lucky as it’s only 15 miles from here.
Rig is an ‘04 4Runner with 250 K miles but have had brakes and wheel bearings replaced and taking care of it

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, amherstBob here, in central Virginia
Am a novice as is my grandson. But ... we both have tickets to Overland East in October. We’re lucky as it’s only 15 miles from here.
Rig is an ‘04 4Runner with 250 K miles but have had brakes and wheel bearings replaced and taking care of it
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Upstate New York (Albany Area)
2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium
Pretty new to the overloading world!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Spike in NC

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Carolina
First Name
Spike
Last Name
Bachman
I'm Spike in Blowing Rock, NC (Western Carolina mountains)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road (means it has a locker in the rear) 6-speed manual (yah!)

Previous rigs: Suzuki's and Troopers, one Xterra 1st gen.
Experience: Mainly off-roading at uwharrie national forest ohv trails (search it if you're in the region and unfamiliar). And lots of family camping via 'unimproved roads'.
Philosophy: As simple, as stock, as light, and as portable as possible for the intended purpose! (I'm an ultra-light backpacker at heart)

talonmike

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sunriver, OR, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Comeaux
Greetings Earthlings. Just a little about myself. Spent the last 3 winters in Arizona with a RZR XP1000 riding trails in and around Salome/Brenda area.
We stayed at Virgin Utah last winter enroute to Arizona and really enjoyed it but it was short. Planning on arriving in Virgin approx Nov 1 and looking
for others knowledgeable of area to ride with or get some heads up on it. My big question is it possible to ride from Virgin to outer areas as Hurricane/
Coral Pink Sands? I'll be in a Toy Hauler so to transport to outer lying areas will be difficult. Planning on spending 3-4 weeks this season. Any suggestions?

Attachments

ToddT_503

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Oregon
First Name
Todd
Last Name
T
Member #

Hello all, New guy here. My wife and i have been talking about getting further out for a while now. we are avid tent campers and backpackers. To help us go further us in our comfort journey we just made the plunge and jumped on a teardrop from TearDrops NW. our Commander will be finished 2nd week of Sept. We will be pulling it with our 2014 4runner. I have seen a few other members around town in my area. i just ordered my members kit and cant wait to get my it in the mail and get the badges on the vehicles.

hope to see you all around.

Todd
00000IMG_00000_BURST20181102115957563_COVER.jpgMVIMG_20190121_145406.jpg for a while. we are avid

SR57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Resquir
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DTZ
Hi everyone, my name is Steve from Monterey Ca. I drive a 1997 Toyota 4runner Limited, currently with less than 100,000 miles, with rear lockers. Not many modifications yet but slowly working on it. Not a lot of overland experience here but I have been camping my whole life. I am looking forward to attending a meet up and meeting other members and especially checking out your rigs.

See you guys out there,

Steve

Steve pic.jpgSouth Coast 4R.jpgPrewitt's ridge 4R.jpgPrewitt's ridge.jpgArroyo Seco 4R.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, my name is Steve from Monterey Ca. I drive a 1997 Toyota 4runner Limited, currently with less than 100,000 miles, with rear lockers. Not many modifications yet but slowly working on it. Not a lot of overland experience here but I have been camping my whole life. I am looking forward to attending a meet up and meeting other members and especially checking out your rigs.

See you guys out there,

Steve

View attachment 114431View attachment 114432View attachment 114433View attachment 114435View attachment 114436

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, New guy here. My wife and i have been talking about getting further out for a while now. we are avid tent campers and backpackers. To help us go further us in our comfort journey we just made the plunge and jumped on a teardrop from TearDrops NW. our Commander will be finished 2nd week of Sept. We will be pulling it with our 2014 4runner. I have seen a few other members around town in my area. i just ordered my members kit and cant wait to get my it in the mail and get the badges on the vehicles.

Todd
View attachment 114413View attachment 114414 for a while. we are avid

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: ToddT_503

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings Earthlings. Just a little about myself. Spent the last 3 winters in Arizona with a RZR XP1000 riding trails in and around Salome/Brenda area.
We stayed at Virgin Utah last winter enroute to Arizona and really enjoyed it but it was short. Planning on arriving in Virgin approx Nov 1 and looking
for others knowledgeable of area to ride with or get some heads up on it. My big question is it possible to ride from Virgin to outer areas as Hurricane/
Coral Pink Sands? I'll be in a Toy Hauler so to transport to outer lying areas will be difficult. Planning on spending 3-4 weeks this season. Any suggestions?
Welcome to Overland Bound.
Check out the regional pages for info about the areas you are going to.

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Todd
Love your rig, welcome from NC.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm Spike in Blowing Rock, NC (Western Carolina mountains)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road (means it has a locker in the rear) 6-speed manual (yah!)

Previous rigs: Suzuki's and Troopers, one Xterra 1st gen.
Experience: Mainly off-roading at uwharrie national forest ohv trails (search it if you're in the region and unfamiliar). And lots of family camping via 'unimproved roads'.
Philosophy: As simple, as stock, as light, and as portable as possible for the intended purpose! (I'm an ultra-light backpacker at heart)
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

See you guys out there,

Steve

View attachment 114431View attachment 114432View attachment 114433View attachment 114435View attachment 114436
Welcome from NC, love them 4runners!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Todd
Welcome! Love the 4Runner! Make sure to check out the local region's forums for events and meetups. Also, the Rally Point system is very helpful. If you need anything, feel free to PM me or hit me up on the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

See you guys out there,

Steve

Welcome! Nice 4Runner!