Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Figueroa
Member #

Lol, anything I happen to need. I'm not really one for running out and spending money if I can make it myself. (Although, I do like new toys!) The last thing I make was a step that hooks into the door striker to make it easier to get to the roof of my truck. I've built boats, trucks, bikes, I do a lot of work with solar panels, etc. I'm sort of a "build a better mousetrap" type person. I'll tinker with anything. lol
That's awesome. might get in touch with ya when the time comes to build new stuff for my rig lol. I do enjoy building things myself as sometimes i try to justify building over buying certain parts/ etc

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi my name is Luis Montes on social media as "inca jeep"
instagram: @Inca4x4
Facebook: @inca jeep
YouTube: Inca Jeep

I am out of Atlanta Georgia primarily travel southeast but hope to make it out west next year

I have two rigs a 2017 JKU and 2020 Gladiator

I started spending time outdoors after purchasing and modifying my JKU with my father. Now I'm Hooked! Starting to learn Gaia maps have recovery equipment and cb. Always open to learn more and explore. New Overland bound member still trying to navigate site.

IView attachment 114010
Welcome! Love the Gladiator build. Make sure to check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area. Also, the Rally Point system is very helpful.

Cheers!
Member Rep
Gabe Bozeman

Micheal369

Rank III
Launch Member

Builder I

Lebanon, TN, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRUN860
That's awesome. might get in touch with ya when the time comes to build new stuff for my rig lol. I do enjoy building things myself as sometimes i try to justify building over buying certain parts/ etc
Absolutely. I'd enjoy helping where I can on a project. I have a few projects in the works already, I'll add post when I get them done.

Reactions: T4STE

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hello

My name is Ben
Rig: 2001 Nissan Xterra
Been slowly upgrading, modding, etc... still a work in progress.
I’ve done some camping and light trails
View attachment 113882

I’m setup with an ARB awning and the deluxe room.
Experience: Novice and looking forward to learning more
Hi, Ben!

Please consider dropping by the Colorado member thread and saying hello there too: OB Members Colorado

Please let us know your favorite places to visit and somewhere you might like to go, but haven't.

Great meeting you!

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hey y'all. I'm Kilby. Located in Morrison, Colorado USA. I've been known to drive a few different vehicles. Currently I'm in a gen 3 Taco and a Disco 1. I'm probably an intermediate overlander, have lots of trail riding experience, and using the vehicles to get the family out to neat places. I would totally be interested in connecting with Colorado locals or passers-through for trips.
Welcome, Mr. Kilby!

Please consider dropping by the Colorado member thread and saying hello there too: OB Members Colorado

Please let us know you're favorite places to visit and somewhere you might like to go, but haven't.

Look forward to seeing you there!

jh200054

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Hendrix
Hey there, name is Jeremy.
Im in Texas
Have a 2017 TRD Off Road Tacoma
No real overlanding experience yet, but I climb, backpack, mountaineer, and car camp throughout the year.
Interested in Overlanding...specifically with an almost entirely DIY setup. Not bc Im cheap but bc I like the challenge of it.
Cheers

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jeremy (@jh200054 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. You didn't mention whereabouts in the Great State of Texas that you reside but there are a couple of monthly meets up around the state.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

ThatMike057

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martinson
Member #

Hello Everyone! My name is Michael, I own a 2006 LR3 outside of Atlanta, GA, and I'm a complete newbie to Overlanding!

I've dreamt of Overlanding ever since I was a wee lad, but never knew what it was called. The wife and I used to camp and backpack a lot before the kids where born, and now that they are getting older (almost 5 and 9), it's time to spend A LOT more time outdoors. I intended on building another track car (3 years in SCCA solo w/ Honda CRX, 1 year getting some hours in NASA but never competed w/ BMW E30. A lifelong obsession with speed and cars), but decided a vehicle more suited for the outdoors would be a lot more fun for the family. The LR3 is stock, with the exception of A/T tires, and will remain so until winter, as maintenance is key to these cars. Love the car, and have lots of plans in the future. I'm a bit of a creeper on forums and have already read hundreds of posts to narrow down gear and other ideas. I look forward to eventually meeting some of you out on the trails in the future!

Attachments

Z06Guy

Rank 0

Contributor I

Missouri
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
LaRose
Hello everyone my name is Aaron. I've been on a hiatus of sorts from offroading for the last 4 years after it being my main hobby for 15 years. Just got back into it with the purchase of a 2019 Rubicon. I've never considered overlanding before, but this time around want to focus more on enjoying the trails and outdoors and less on big obstacles and over built trail rigs. The picture is a twin to my jeep, but not my actual jeep as we don't have those mountains in southwest MO.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Aaron. I've been on a hiatus of sorts from offroading for the last 4 years after it being my main hobby for 15 years. Just got back into it with the purchase of a 2019 Rubicon.
MAN!!! I was really hoping you were going to show us a 'Vette decked out for overlanding. :smiley: But I guess a new Rubicon will work. Welcome from Oklahoma.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Aaron. I've been on a hiatus of sorts from offroading for the last 4 years after it being my main hobby for 15 years. Just got back into it with the purchase of a 2019 Rubicon. I've never considered overlanding before, but this time around want to focus more on enjoying the trails and outdoors and less on big obstacles and over built trail rigs. The picture is a twin to my jeep, but not my actual jeep as we don't have those mountains in southwest MO.
Welcome from Tulsa, Ok

Z06Guy

Rank 0

Contributor I

Missouri
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
LaRose
MAN!!! I was really hoping you were going to show us a 'Vette decked out for overlanding. :smiley: But I guess a new Rubicon will work. Welcome from Oklahoma.
I've seen some redneck 4x4s in my time, but can't imagine a Z06 that way. But boy my LS7 would be fun in a buggy.

Kokopelli

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sulphur, OK
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Herrmann
Member #

Hello Jerry (@Kokopelli ), welcome from central Oklahoma. The Chickasaw National Rec Area is one of my family's favorite places to camp. I stayed there by myself in May and had the entire Cold Springs camp ground to myself, it was kind of eerie. I drive a 93 XJ as well, 2 door 5 speed.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know, @Iwata77 is the other Member Rep and I see you have already met her.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
hey Jon, yes the CNRA is pretty neat. I just live about a mile south of there so I go thru it daily. Glad to be on the OB site and can't wait for cooler temps so I can get back in the woods. Thanks for the info and holler at me if you head down this way again.......

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Qaz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Qaz
Last Name
Mon
Member #

Hello all! New here to Overlanding, but I guess I have been doing this for years and never knew there was a name for it.

I drive a 08 Nissan Pathfinder. Building it up a bit more to handle 4 people. Two young kiddos in the truck eat up so much space! :)

Ddaks_

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Duane
Last Name
Daquioag
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Daki
Hello everyone!
My name is Duane, my friends call me Daki or Dax sometimes. I love the outdoors, camping, hiking, offroads. I used to dirt bike when I was younger and I love the trails. Was a boy scout when I was a kid and I thoroughly enjoy the great outdoors as I grew up camping with my family. I am new to this and I am excited to learn

Rig: 1998 Toyota Landcruiser
Experience: Beginner
D952F28D-E8C5-4DC1-B1F8-0A34E02C6658.jpeg

Last edited:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all, I'm Don from Folsom, California. New to Overlanding and to the forum. I recently retired and my wife and I are looking forward to getting out and exploring. We are trying to decide which one of our vehicles is going to work the best for us. We have a 2018 4Runner and a 2016 Silverado.View attachment 113969
Welcome to Overland Bound, great looking Runner! Like @KentR said, I am your Member Rep and if you have any questions feel free to contact me @Magic Mike.

Also there is a new meet-up in Auburn on the first Saturday of every month at 6:00 PM. Check out Rally Points for further info.