Launch Member

Contributor I

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Curtis
Last Name
Lawson
Here's the Ram

New member here from Houston, TX! I currently have a 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with Fab Fours front bumper/brush guard and a leveling kit. BFG KO2 AT's. I am about to purchase a 1999 Chevy K2500 6.5L diesel Suburban which I plan on turning into my main offroad rig. The Dodge is fantastic... I've never had any issues offroad.... but I have three kids and for long trips we need the additional seating and storage. I also have a pop-up camping trailer. I'm looking forward to meeting some folks in my region and learning from you all!

Attachments

HornetWSO

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Virginia, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Hildner
Member #

Hi everyone!
I’m Steve from Northern Virginia. I’m excited to learn more about overlanding.
I have a lot of outdoor experience with hiking and camping and in past few years have become interested in overlanding.
I have3A07600A-6F59-4ACE-AC10-A53B26FEDE53.jpeg a 2016 Wrangler and dinoot M416 trailer I built. I’ve done a lot of camping with my setup, but have not had the opportunity to get out and go overlanding. This fall I became an empty nester and I hope to have more time to learn and explore.

Bengb45X

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Colorado
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Blackmon
Member #

Hello

My name is Ben
Rig: 2001 Nissan Xterra
Been slowly upgrading, modding, etc... still a work in progress.
I’ve done some camping and light trails
5926BD82-71B9-41D2-A8D2-0BA5C4EE62A9.jpeg

I’m setup with an ARB awning and the deluxe room.
Experience: Novice and looking forward to learning more

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello all,

Vehicle: ‘19 Rubicon
Experience: Novice

Grew up in this area, spent a lot of time in the Sierra’s as a teenager with my Toyota pickup, but that was many many moons ago...look forward to getting back up there away from the hustle. I love wrenching on the Jeep and so I do all my own work...look forward to the adventure and the build of this vehicle to get out and explore...

Pete
Hey Pete, bummer you just missed our meet up on Sunday at Mountain Mike’s in Ripon CA. We had about 30ish people or so, and we meet the 3rd Sunday of the month 1-3pm. Like @Kent R said we are headed to a Plumas NF this coming weekend. If you go to Rally Point, calendar, you can see what’s happening for the month.

Here’s a link to the forum page discussing the trip along with the Rally Point link where you can RSVP if you wanna come!

Thanks neighbor.

Dave

Reactions: Pete3

danl

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Little
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2UDL
Hey everyone! Beth and Adrian here. We are excited to be apart of the community!

1.) View attachment 113827

2.) We are in Charlotte/Asheville, NC. Will be moving to the Fort Benning area around January.

3.) No current pics of the rig as we are between rigs. Had a 4 runner that got totaled so we are looking for a new rig. Making do with our daily drivers, 2003 Subaru Outback and a 2015 Ford Escape. We are a 2 human 3 dog(large dog) family. We are activaely looking at used Land Cruisers as we have determined those to be the appropriate size for human/canine adventures. Will update when we get our rig, which should be within the next month.

4.) Minimal experience overlanding; though we have done off road stuff, remote camping and hiked a crapton. Relevant outside experience in other areas, not sure why it took us this long to figure out overlanding is for us!
Good luck on the hunt for your next rig!

danl

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Little
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2UDL
Hi everyone!
I have a lot of outdoor experience with hiking and camping and in past few years have become interested in overlanding.
I haveView attachment 113879 a 2016 Wrangler and dinoot M416 trailer I built. I’ve done a lot of camping with my setup, but have not had the opportunity to get out and go overlanding. This fall I became an empty nester and I hope to have more time to learn and explore.
Hello

My name is Ben
View attachment 113882

Welcome! I had a 2000 Xterra (burnt down in a shop fire) that was heavily modded. It's a hard creature to built, especially the first generation, but very satisfying. Good luck with it. If you have questions, hit me up. I don't know if I can answer, but I will try. Anyway, I've been down that path.

FrankieNL

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Sipoo, Finland
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Berenschot
Member #

Hey all!

My name is Frank, born in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands but now living in close to Helsinki Finland. I moved from one of the densest populated countries in Europe to one of the least and I have to admit that I really enjoy it!

Never drove in the Netherlands, but I know you can cross the country east to west in about 1,5 hours (If the traffic allows it, of course, Dutch highways are notorious for jams). Now I drive 12 hours to go up north to our winter holiday spot which is still in the same country and not even the furthest you can drive!

I drive a 2011 VW Amarok, my pride and joy!

Together with my build project a VW Crafter LWB

Looking forward to all the travels ahead!

Let me know if you any questions, happy to connect over car talk!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all!

My name is Frank, born in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands but now living in close to Helsinki Finland. I moved from one of the densest populated countries in Europe to one of the least and I have to admit that I really enjoy it!

Never drove in the Netherlands, but I know you can cross the country east to west in about 1,5 hours (If the traffic allows it, of course, Dutch highways are notorious for jams). Now I drive 12 hours to go up north to our winter holiday spot which is still in the same country and not even the furthest you can drive!

I drive a 2011 VW Amarok, my pride and joy!

Together with my build project a VW Crafter LWB

Looking forward to all the travels ahead!

Let me know if you any questions, happy to connect over car talk!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello

My name is Ben
View attachment 113882

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!
I haveView attachment 113879 a 2016 Wrangler and dinoot M416 trailer I built. I’ve done a lot of camping with my setup, but have not had the opportunity to get out and go overlanding. This fall I became an empty nester and I hope to have more time to learn and explore.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here from Houston, TX! I currently have a 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with Fab Fours front bumper/brush guard and a leveling kit. BFG KO2 AT's. I am about to purchase a 1999 Chevy K2500 6.5L diesel Suburban which I plan on turning into my main offroad rig. The Dodge is fantastic... I've never had any issues offroad.... but I have three kids and for long trips we need the additional seating and storage. I also have a pop-up camping trailer. I'm looking forward to meeting some folks in my region and learning from you all!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, Brevard County Florida here. 1993 YJ currently being reassembled. I am novice over lander I hope to do more in the near future, have to get out of flat a$3 Florida to make that happen. If you have a YJ I have extensive knowledge and diagrams and parts hit me up! View attachment 113848

View attachment 113850
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Beth and Adrian here. We are excited to be apart of the community!

1.) View attachment 113827

2.) We are in Charlotte/Asheville, NC. Will be moving to the Fort Benning area around January.

3.) No current pics of the rig as we are between rigs. Had a 4 runner that got totaled so we are looking for a new rig. Making do with our daily drivers, 2003 Subaru Outback and a 2015 Ford Escape. We are a 2 human 3 dog(large dog) family. We are activaely looking at used Land Cruisers as we have determined those to be the appropriate size for human/canine adventures. Will update when we get our rig, which should be within the next month.

4.) Minimal experience overlanding; though we have done off road stuff, remote camping and hiked a crapton. Relevant outside experience in other areas, not sure why it took us this long to figure out overlanding is for us!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. Woody here from Brisbane Australia.
Here is a photo of my current work in progress, thanks for having me!

View attachment 113822

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone! My name is Tony. Married to a loving wife and father of two. Glad to be part of this group. I have a 2000 LX470 with 2” lift, tepui RTT that sits on a Baja flat rack, ARB bar which is hiding a 12,000 XRC winch. Hoping to meet some of you guys in the Richmond, VA area or out on the road. View attachment 113788

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Curt (@TexasCurt ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up in Beaumont if you are able to make it, US Southwest - Rigs and Coffee/SETX Overland meet up. I realize it's not real close to Houston, but in Texas close is a relative term.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey OB!

New member here from NYC. Current rig is a 95 Bronco XLT. Usually take her on 2-3 day trips up in the Catskills with some light off-roading and camping. Looking for more adventure ma on the eastern seaboard!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut