Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Figueroa
Member #

Hello every body. My name is Allen. I'm very excited to have found this place and can't wait to explore with you all.

Rig: Current- 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Soon- 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice. I have experience in off roading (jeep clubs etc) and hiking/camping mostly.

I have mostly experience in hiking, backpacking, and camping. I've been in multiple Jeep clubs back in the day with my 96 XJ which was my favorite thing ever (2007-2012) and got most of my experience in off-roading from that. I currently have a 2016 Grand Cherokee and love how comfortable it is. Sadly I am leasing it so I couldn't really do much to it mods wise. But I got bit by the off the pavement adventure bug recently with the new Rubicons so come November I am looking to get into a Rubicon Unlimited so this time I am keeping it and looking forward to doing a bit more overland build than a rock crawler. Luckily I found this place and glad there is a place for me to share and enjoy this new build and adventure. Cheers y'all!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

followed by the first mod just completed - added two radios,

Dan
Hello Dan, welcome from Oklahoma.
I would be interested in seeing a picture of the antennas.
Also if you are interested we have a weekly Echolink net, every Friday evening.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130

Pete3

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ripon, CA, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Torres
Member #

Hello all,

Vehicle: ‘19 Rubicon
Experience: Novice

Grew up in this area, spent a lot of time in the Sierra’s as a teenager with my Toyota pickup, but that was many many moons ago...look forward to getting back up there away from the hustle. I love wrenching on the Jeep and so I do all my own work...look forward to the adventure and the build of this vehicle to get out and explore...

Pete

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jerry (@Kokopelli ), welcome from central Oklahoma. The Chickasaw National Rec Area is one of my family's favorite places to camp. I stayed there by myself in May and had the entire Cold Springs camp ground to myself, it was kind of eerie. I drive a 93 XJ as well, 2 door 5 speed.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know, @Iwata77 is the other Member Rep and I see you have already met her.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

Vehicle: ‘19 Rubicon

Grew up in this area, spent a lot of time in the Sierra’s as a teenager with my Toyota pickup, but that was many many moons ago...look forward to getting back up there away from the hustle. I love wrenching on the Jeep and so I do all my own work...look forward to the adventure and the build of this vehicle to get out and explore...

Pete
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @MAGIC

Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area; Contact @PapaDave for more information. They have a trip planed for this coming weekend to Plumas County.
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up

Reactions: Pete3

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello every body. My name is Allen. I'm very excited to have found this place and can't wait to explore with you all.

Rig: Current- 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Soon- 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice. I have experience in off roading (jeep clubs etc) and hiking/camping mostly.

I have mostly experience in hiking, backpacking, and camping. I've been in multiple Jeep clubs back in the day with my 96 XJ which was my favorite thing ever (2007-2012) and got most of my experience in off-roading from that. I currently have a 2016 Grand Cherokee and love how comfortable it is. Sadly I am leasing it so I couldn't really do much to it mods wise. But I got bit by the off the pavement adventure bug recently with the new Rubicons so come November I am looking to get into a Rubicon Unlimited so this time I am keeping it and looking forward to doing a bit more overland build than a rock crawler. Luckily I found this place and glad there is a place for me to share and enjoy this new build and adventure. Cheers y'all!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
*Jeep Wave*
Hello overland members! New here and new to the lifted life. From LongIsland NY and I’m a three week owner of a 18’ Jeep JLU Sahara. Above windshield light bar and stubby antenna are my mods so far. Can’t wait to mod it some more.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y’all! Scooby here from Raleigh, NC. I’m currently on my second Jeep, a red JL with a 2” AEV boost and 33’s. My jeeps mostly for hunting & fishing, but I’m hoping to start taking my family on more adventures!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just starting in overloading had experience years ago with off roading but I like overlanding much more. I am from casa grande,az and just got a 2016 trail premium 4runner. I put a 3inch dobinsons lift with upper control arms and extended break lines. I ordered rsg sliders. I still need tires. My name is jason

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, new to the overlanding community. 2017 Jeep JKUR, leveling kit, 33's, and a winch. Looking to upgrade my suspension soon. I'm from the northern Virginia area

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here from south central PA, about 30 mins east of the Gettysburg battlefields. Used to be into Jeeps and rockcrawling, but a busted up neck didn't agree with all of that bouncing around. Now driving a 2015 Tacoma DCLB. Bought it bone stock about 18 months ago. It now has a small lift, 265 all terrains (soon to be 285s), a Leer topper and some other small stuff. I've also got a small sleeping platform built for in the bed. Near future plans include a rack for the cap and possibly the roof also, recovery gear and probably some sort of dual battery or auxiliary power setup as I have bad sleep apnea and need to sleep with a cpap.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys, new member Jerry Herrmann here. I live in the Sulphur area of south central Oklahoma. Longtime 4 wheeler and camper but I just found this site and am looking forward to participating. I drive a "93 Jeep XJ and hit the woods as often as I can. A 24 year old jeep driven by a 67 year old man......what could possibly go wrong?? HA!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone. Excited to be a part of this community and learn from the best!

Rig: 2019 Jeep TH 2.0T. My 2006 Subaru Forester gave up it's head gasket earlier this summer. Hence the new Jeep.
Experience: Plenty of experience camping. Not so much when it comes to off-roading.

Will be asking many questions soon!
Ben

View attachment 113530

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jason (@Hopalongjay ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meetup this Thursday evening at 6:30pm in Gilbert if you can make it. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/phoenix-east-vslley-meet-up/
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here!
Rig: '17 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

I've been following the overlanding community on YouTube for awhile and am just now starting to dabble in that arena myself. I've spent some time in VA, FL, and now NC but have nominal knowledge of overlanding opportunities here. Looking to learn and grow!

View attachment 113527

View attachment 113528
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I'm new to overlanding, but not new to jeeps. I recently sold my last jeep and ordered the new gladiator. So I dont have any pics yet of my rig. I look forward to start these new adventures.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Reactions: Ronnie