Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hey y'all!

I'm Pi, or "Alix" if you prefer legal names ;). I met a couple'a y'all on the Malakoff Diggins trip.

Right now I'm from San Jose, but I've also been from LaMorinda/WC, Santa Barbara, and a little town in Missouri called Nevada.
Currently driving Olivia, a Burgundy 2003 GM Sierra RWD. She's my second vehicle since I was 16, and she's a ton of fun.
My wife's on this forum, too: @rho .
I see that your wife is not only beautiful but quite smart as well. Are you also an amateur radio operator? The hobby needs more women!

Reactions: Pi_Baker

90volts

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Springfield, PA 19064, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
gallela
Hi. From just south/ west of Philly. New to me (couple months) 2015 Wrangler JKU Sahara. I've done a bunch of camping. then got into offroading with a dune buggy and a suburban. Now in the wrangler after several year break. Found TrailRecon on Youtube and looked interesting so i took my girlfriend to the Mid Atlantic Overland Festival in PA last weekend. Talked to some great people and saw some nice vehicles. Planning a possible cross country trip for next September across the middle of the states, down California and back along the south. 99% of my offroading has been in the Pine Barrens of new jersey. we like to ride trails for the beautiful views and the history of the area. not into rock crawling or tearing up mud puddles but just the exploration.mr.jpg

Reggiemiller00

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Reggie
Last Name
Miller
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6USW
02EB5C51-E6F0-491D-9BA8-EAC629137C59.jpeg

Vacaville, ca
90 Toyota 4Runner (currently benched)
We’ll just say novice for now.

Thanks for the add. Have sidelined stuff for quite a few years, am looking to get back into things. Started looking at Overlanding. Really like the style and concept. I would like to “upgrade” the rig to something larger. Hopefully soon.
Till then getting back into local and internet communities to meet folks and expand the knowledge.

Thank you.

Enthusiast III

Carol Stream, IL, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.
Thank you so much Kent, very much appreciated.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

Bookerman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gatineau, QC, Canada
First Name
Don
Last Name
Booker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA2EV
Service Branch
R.C.E.M.E.
Hi, Everyone;
Don Booker here, a.k.a. Bookerman.

Picture: boring stock Taco, but I've got a high-frequency mobile antenna mount!

Location: Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA. Across the river from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada's capital

Rig: Well, not really rigged yet. I've got a stock 2011 Toyota Tacoma SR5, 4X4, 4-door with automatic, and the extended (5-foot) box with 156,000 km, so probably not the opitimum overland platform. I'm at a decision point here: put $ into building something up, or go look for deals on Gen3 Tacoma TRD Off-Road and build on that. I'm looking at retirement 5 years out, so I'm doing some thinking, and planning, leaning towards the latter.

Experience: I know enough to be dangerous, but mostly with the Army Reserve in army cars. It's different when it's your own rig!

Tacoma with mast.jpg

Navin

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5VSH
Hey all,
New to the group but not new to Overlanding, I don't think. I've taken so very long, multi-week, motorcycle camping trips and really enjoyed the trip. I just got back from a trip where me and a couple guys unloaded our bikes in Butte MT and rode up to Dawson City YT over to Chicken AK, Fairbanks then back home. 5800 miles on the bikes. I live just south of Charlotte NC, so it was nearly 12000 miles in total.

I have a 2005 LX470 and a 1990 Land Cruiser that I am restoring. I want to get into Overlanding on 4 wheels now and doing so 4wd stuff too. One of my hobbies is photography, and carrying all that gear on a bike is tough. So it would be cool to meet some peeps in my area to learn from and see how it's done.

See y'all out there!

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Hi, Everyone;

Location: Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA. Across the river from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada's capital

Rig: Well, not really rigged yet. I've got a stock 2011 Toyota Tacoma SR5, 4X4, 4-door with automatic, and the extended (5-foot) box with 156,000 km, so probably not the opitimum overland platform. I'm at a decision point here: put $ into building something up, or go look for deals on Gen3 Tacoma TRD Off-Road and build on that. I'm looking at retirement 5 years out, so I'm doing some thinking, and planning, leaning towards the latter.

Experience: I know enough to be dangerous, but mostly with the Army Reserve in army cars. It's different when it's your own rig!

View attachment 113175
I bet u can talk to Texas with that antenna

Reactions: Bookerman

Pi_Baker

Rank II

Advocate II

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Alix
Last Name
Penning
I see that your wife is not only beautiful but quite smart as well. Are you also an amateur radio operator? The hobby needs more women!
I haven't taken the test yet, but i studied for it once... I'll probably try my hand at some point in the future, but for now I'm content with my walky. But I agree, there need to be more women in the more tech-y hobbies

GoneJeepin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Middle TN
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
McDavid
New member in middle TN.
So hello all from cell block 19. The guys and I enjoy watching overland videos when we can.

Just kidding about the cell block part. :tonguewink:

I’ve been in and around Jeeps most of my life. Started in an early cj5. I’ve done trails from mild to wild and decided it’s time to scale back some.
My main Jeep is a 94 YJ. I was to the point of going overboard on an upgrade/rebuild or stepping back and getting back to just enjoying the trails and scenery and camping instead of just rock crawling.
My wife and kids enjoy camping and trail rides also so it was an easy decision.

My wife drives a 12 JKU, our oldest son inherited our 96 Cherokee Country and is slowly getting it ready for mild trails camping etc.
My daily driver is a 16 Ram Rebel I’m trying hard not to off road. LOL.

Anyway happy to have found y’all and looking forward to learning more about over landing. And hope to join in some trips at some point.

Bookerman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gatineau, QC, Canada
First Name
Don
Last Name
Booker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA2EV
Service Branch
R.C.E.M.E.
Actually a couple of summers ago I was back home in Northwestern Ontario up on a drumlin and I got some hams in Atlanta, GA. :smile:
It's largely a matter of what the atmosphere is up to, and who is out there listening.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

:tearsofjoy: Canada to Texas, aww that's nothing. Have worked the World from my Jeep.
@Bookerman is right it largely depends on the atomsphere which is effected by the sun. Even during the low solar activity part of the cycle we are currently in it will still surprise you. Talked from Oklahoma to Slovenia a few weeks back after I spent some time tuning my new antenna setup. Even after 5 years of doing this I still get tickled, it's like magic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bookerman

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

@Bookerman What radios do you run? Also we have a Friday night Echolink net that you are more than welcome to check into.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member in middle TN.
So hello all from cell block 19. The guys and I enjoy watching overland videos when we can.

Just kidding about the cell block part. :tonguewink:

I’ve been in and around Jeeps most of my life. Started in an early cj5. I’ve done trails from mild to wild and decided it’s time to scale back some.
My main Jeep is a 94 YJ. I was to the point of going overboard on an upgrade/rebuild or stepping back and getting back to just enjoying the trails and scenery and camping instead of just rock crawling.
My wife and kids enjoy camping and trail rides also so it was an easy decision.

My wife drives a 12 JKU, our oldest son inherited our 96 Cherokee Country and is slowly getting it ready for mild trails camping etc.
My daily driver is a 16 Ram Rebel I’m trying hard not to off road. LOL.

Anyway happy to have found y’all and looking forward to learning more about over landing. And hope to join in some trips at some point.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: GoneJeepin

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,
New to the group but not new to Overlanding, I don't think. I've taken so very long, multi-week, motorcycle camping trips and really enjoyed the trip. I just got back from a trip where me and a couple guys unloaded our bikes in Butte MT and rode up to Dawson City YT over to Chicken AK, Fairbanks then back home. 5800 miles on the bikes. I live just south of Charlotte NC, so it was nearly 12000 miles in total.

I have a 2005 LX470 and a 1990 Land Cruiser that I am restoring. I want to get into Overlanding on 4 wheels now and doing so 4wd stuff too. One of my hobbies is photography, and carrying all that gear on a bike is tough. So it would be cool to meet some peeps in my area to learn from and see how it's done.

See y'all out there!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Navin

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, Everyone;

View attachment 113175

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
We currently do not have a Member Representative in Quebec

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 113145

Vacaville, ca
90 Toyota 4Runner (currently benched)
We’ll just say novice for now.

Thanks for the add. Have sidelined stuff for quite a few years, am looking to get back into things. Started looking at Overlanding. Really like the style and concept. I would like to “upgrade” the rig to something larger. Hopefully soon.
Till then getting back into local and internet communities to meet folks and expand the knowledge.

Thank you.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi. From just south/ west of Philly. New to me (couple months) 2015 Wrangler JKU Sahara. I've done a bunch of camping. then got into offroading with a dune buggy and a suburban. Now in the wrangler after several year break. Found TrailRecon on Youtube and looked interesting so i took my girlfriend to the Mid Atlantic Overland Festival in PA last weekend. Talked to some great people and saw some nice vehicles. Planning a possible cross country trip for next September across the middle of the states, down California and back along the south. 99% of my offroading has been in the Pine Barrens of new jersey. we like to ride trails for the beautiful views and the history of the area. not into rock crawling or tearing up mud puddles but just the exploration.View attachment 113109

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Sebastián I'm from Dallas Texas of overlanding is my life. But not too much to do it too much work.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

The DFW area is just getting going again with a meet-up, if your interested check out this Rally Point for details.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/dfw-monthly-recurring-overland-bound-meet/

Reactions: Iwata77