Enthusiast I

Dülmen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
First Name
Jan
Last Name
vonderHaar
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Jan, I´m from northern Germany / Europe. My "Rig" is a Skoda Octavia Scout 4x4 with a Gordigear 140 plus roof top tent. My decision to use this car is that i need it as daily driver as well. And as we don´t really have much opportunities to go off the tamrac roads here, except offroad parks, it has enough capabilities for 99% of where you can go legally here(At least western europe). Its liftet 30mm and has som slighly bigger AT tires on it. I use a RTT from Gordigear for sleeping. In the trunk I have some boxes for clothes, gear, food and water.

I´m 32 years old and have camped most of my live. With exception of some swowboarding trips, i´ve never spend a vacation in the hotel(and probably never will). My initial plans for this years trip were Montenegro or Romania, but as Brexit was post phoned to October we use the chance to go to scotland / england again in two weeks for three weeks, as we don´t have pay attention to customs, roamnig fees for mobiles etc. before the Brexit.

I hope to have some good conversations with like minded people and looking forward to meet some of you guys somewhere sometime maybe.

See you(here or out there)

Jan

. 58378520_2474534255890242_8781358960805412864_o.jpg
59464737_2486647884678879_988643356336717824_n.jpg59467191_2486648001345534_5999438210017525760_n.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mark (@TacoMark ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is occasionally a Phoenix area meet up so keep an eye out for that.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: TacoMark

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Jan, I´m from northern Germany / Europe. My "Rig" is a Skoda Octavia Scout 4x4 with a Gordigear 140 plus roof top tent. My decision to use this car is that i need it as daily driver as well. And as we don´t really have much opportunities to go off the tamrac roads here, except offroad parks, it has enough capabilities for 99% of where you can go legally here(At least western europe). Its liftet 30mm and has som slighly bigger AT tires on it. I use a RTT from Gordigear for sleeping. In the trunk I have some boxes for clothes, gear, food and water.

I´m 32 years old and have camped most of my live. With exception of some swowboarding trips, i´ve never spend a vacation in the hotel(and probably never will). My initial plans for this years trip were Montenegro or Romania, but as Brexit was post phoned to October we use the chance to go to scotland / england again in two weeks for three weeks, as we don´t have pay attention to customs, roamnig fees for mobiles etc. before the Brexit.

I hope to have some good conversations with like minded people and looking forward to meet some of you guys somewhere sometime maybe.

See you(here or out there)

Jan

. View attachment 113037
View attachment 113038View attachment 113039
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Mark, I live in Phoenix, AZ. I own a 2019 Toyota Tacoma Offroad. I am a former US Marine, and other than the field training I got in the service, and a few trips when I lived in Texas, I have no overland experience. My wife and I love to get into it which is why we got a Tacoma back in 2017 and a new one last month.

Hoping to join the community here and start getting out there!View attachment 113035

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. Brien can help you find a local meet-up in your area just message him.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! My name is Glenn I'm 19 and from the Rochester, New York area. I always loved camping growing up and recently decided to get into Overlanding. I am definitely a novice in the Overlanding scene and can't wait to get going!

I drive a 2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4 ( Aka the affordable Jeep for a teenager) Names"Beneatha"

Just excited to meet new people and explore!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, my name is LeLand and I am very excited to join such a great group of people.
Rig:2012 Jeep Jk Unlimited Rubicon
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice to Overlanding but experienced in trail adventures

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! My name is Kevin I'm in the Chicago land area and I'm pretty new to the whole Overland scene, definitely a novice. I've always had a passion for camping and just being outdoors so I figured get a truck and go full send!

I decided to grab a new 2019 Chevy Silverado Trail-boss (Mainly cause it seemed to be a great starting point) Her name is "Black Betty"
I have realized that the market is not so kind when trying to find equipment for Overlanding, simply finding a good Bed Rack that wont break the bank seems challenging. I would appreciate any advise or knowledge my way ! Thank you!!
View attachment 112931

View attachment 112932

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. Just joined from central Ohio. I’m new to Overlanding, but have been off-roading for years. Mainly been driving various Jeep CJ’s and a full size Blazer at one point.
Currently I have a 2010 Jeep JKU on 35’s, 4.88 gears, 2.5 inch Metalcloak lift, locked front and rear and a Dynatrac Prorock 44 front axle. I also have a small off-road trailer with a roof top tent setup for camping. The trailer is a home built one that I bought off the original builder a couple years ago. I added the tent and made a few other modifications to make it my own.
I actually found this forum from a search for .gpx data for the DBBB. I’ve used the cartotracks map before but I’m using GAIA now. Anyway, after checking things out I decided to join the forum.

Recent picture of the rig and trailer.
Hope to meet up with you soon.View attachment 112919

Clean looking rig.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Wooden One

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

I have not made it out yet, just getting setup.

Black 2010 Dual Cab Long box Tacoma TRD Sport
Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Tepui RTT on top of a ladder rack right now.
Want a tonneau cover and rack system, but also want it tall enough i can walk under while out. I am thinking about trying the Thule Xsporter Pro, Travelling lowered and raising it up once i get to my site for the night. Anyone try this before?

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: jamcross

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Ricky
From so cal
I drive a 2007 fj cruiser Voodo blue

Looking to meet new people and wheel

Also will be moving out of Cali in the next year or so
Where are you going to move to?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We are looking at Texas or the Carolinas not quite sure yet
Both great places, once you get settled check out the regional OLB page to see whats happening there.

TacoMark

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Almeida
Hello Mark (@TacoMark ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is occasionally a Phoenix area meet up so keep an eye out for that.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thank you so much for the information! Very helpful actually!

Reactions: Prerunner1982

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Mark, I live in Phoenix, AZ. I own a 2019 Toyota Tacoma Offroad. I am a former US Marine, and other than the field training I got in the service, and a few trips when I lived in Texas, I have no overland experience. My wife and I love to get into it which is why we got a Tacoma back in 2017 and a new one last month.

Hoping to join the community here and start getting out there!View attachment 113035
We would love to see yall out on the trail's and welcome from Texas thanks for your service

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Sebastian (@Sebastian Gimenez) , welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a DFW Meet coming up on Aug 24th.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Warren (@marlinmonty ) , welcome from Central Oklahoma. You are in a good part of the state to be in "overlanding".

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

I am the other SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: marlinmonty