First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi all,
I'm new to the Bay Area(Alameda) and I'm just trying to learn all the nooks and crannies of this new to me region and photograph it the best I can. Any location suggestions or group trip invites would be highly appreciated.

My rig is a 2000 Dodge Durango
Current Mods: factory LSD
3" lift
31" All Terrains

Mods in Progress: Custom Winch Bumper
360 degree lighting setup
custom roof rack

Future Mods: wheels and 33's(when the current 31's wear out)
F/R brake upgrade

Future Future Mods: SAS and 35's
5.7 Hemi swap
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @Magic Mike , or me,Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: DurangoTom

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey y'all!

I'm Pi, or "Alix" if you prefer legal names ;). I met a couple'a y'all on the Malakoff Diggins trip.

Right now I'm from San Jose, but I've also been from LaMorinda/WC, Santa Barbara, and a little town in Missouri called Nevada.
Currently driving Olivia, a Burgundy 2003 GM Sierra RWD. She's my second vehicle since I was 16, and she's a ton of fun.
My wife's on this forum, too: @rho .

Lookin' forward to catching up with y'all int eh forums and hearing about your adventures!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups
If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @Magic Mike , or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Reactions: FrankRoams

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
My name is Ricky
From so cal
I drive a 2007 fj cruiser Voodo blue

Looking to meet new people and wheel

Also will be moving out of Cali in the next year or so
Welcome. what part of SoCal are you in? good to have another FJ

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
My name is Ricky
From so cal
I drive a 2007 fj cruiser Voodo blue

Looking to meet new people and wheel

Also will be moving out of Cali in the next year or so

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @FrankRoams , or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

jamcross

Rank 0

Contributor I

Vancouver Island
First Name
Jamie
Last Name
Cross
Hello All,

I have not made it out yet, just getting setup.

Black 2010 Dual Cab Long box Tacoma TRD Sport
Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Tepui RTT on top of a ladder rack right now.
Want a tonneau cover and rack system, but also want it tall enough i can walk under while out. I am thinking about trying the Thule Xsporter Pro, Travelling lowered and raising it up once i get to my site for the night. Anyone try this before?

Attachments

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello all. My name's Tom and I live Northwest of Portland, Oregon. I have a stock 1999 Dodge 2500 4X4 Diesel and also a 2014 Conqueror UEV 490 that I purchased earlier this year. I have experience car camping, but I've only begun doing the rough/offroad thing in the last couple of years. I am planning on doing a modest amount of work/upgrades to this truck and plan on getting a newer truck in a few years that I will do some real upgrades on.View attachment 110688
As Jedi mentioned in his reply- my husband I are here and ready to have you hang out with us! We have an event next weekend on the Nehalam River- camp out and crawfish! Come meet up with us!

Wooden One

Rank I

Contributor III

Central Ohio
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Woodard
Hello everyone. Just joined from central Ohio. I’m new to Overlanding, but have been off-roading for years. Mainly been driving various Jeep CJ’s and a full size Blazer at one point.
Currently I have a 2010 Jeep JKU on 35’s, 4.88 gears, 2.5 inch Metalcloak lift, locked front and rear and a Dynatrac Prorock 44 front axle. I also have a small off-road trailer with a roof top tent setup for camping. The trailer is a home built one that I bought off the original builder a couple years ago. I added the tent and made a few other modifications to make it my own.
I actually found this forum from a search for .gpx data for the DBBB. I’ve used the cartotracks map before but I’m using GAIA now. Anyway, after checking things out I decided to join the forum.

Recent picture of the rig and trailer.
Hope to meet up with you soon.56960A48-9A49-444F-8DB0-A61B4D9C3347.jpeg

Enthusiast III

Carol Stream, IL, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

Hey everyone! My name is Kevin I'm in the Chicago land area and I'm pretty new to the whole Overland scene, definitely a novice. I've always had a passion for camping and just being outdoors so I figured get a truck and go full send!

I decided to grab a new 2019 Chevy Silverado Trail-boss (Mainly cause it seemed to be a great starting point) Her name is "Black Betty"
I have realized that the market is not so kind when trying to find equipment for Overlanding, simply finding a good Bed Rack that wont break the bank seems challenging. I would appreciate any advise or knowledge my way ! Thank you!!
file1-6.jpeg

file-10.jpeg

GlennThrower50

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Holley, NY, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Thrower
Member #

Hey everyone! My name is Glenn I'm 19 and from the Rochester, New York area. I always loved camping growing up and recently decided to get into Overlanding. I am definitely a novice in the Overlanding scene and can't wait to get going!

I drive a 2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4 ( Aka the affordable Jeep for a teenager) Names"Beneatha"

Just excited to meet new people and explore!

Attachments

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I'm from Northern Virginia and I have no experience nor do I have a rig. (currently in the market for one)

My friend got me hooked on overlanding and I'm currently just trying to read up and learn as much as I can before I make the investment into a vehicle and gear.
Welcome @DollarBill!

I’m in NOVA as well, Alexandria to be exact. Please let me know if I can help answer any questions.

I might be a little slow to respond for another week or so, currently out in Montana. [emoji16]

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello . I guess I did this right and the internet is not on fire so , good for me . LOL .
I am a new old guy who has been watching this overland thing for a few years now . I just find it interesting and exciting . I am a Army vet , retired otr truck driver , granddad , hunter and long time camper .
I just started a build out of our new ARE commercial topper on our 18 Ram 1500 4x4 . Just for honestly just a place to overnight camp in comfort and still be able to take the SXS or boat . Love our Winnebago drop but I just wanted something a lot simpler for shorter camps .
I like to see what others build and use as I am a do it yourselfer who loves a good project .

I hope maybe sometime I can help , advise someone on a project build of some kind .

Marlinmonty
Welcome from Tulsa!

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is LeLand and I am very excited to join such a great group of people.
Rig:2012 Jeep Jk Unlimited Rubicon
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice to Overlanding but experienced in trail adventures
Welcome from Tulsa, OK

TacoMark

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Almeida
Hello everyone,

My name is Mark, I live in Phoenix, AZ. I own a 2019 Toyota Tacoma Offroad. I am a former US Marine, and other than the field training I got in the service, and a few trips when I lived in Texas, I have no overland experience. My wife and I love to get into it which is why we got a Tacoma back in 2017 and a new one last month.

Hoping to join the community here and start getting out there!AE8BC1B0-3399-4E7D-A8C3-6E075DFFD974.jpeg