Kevin
Last Name
Mayo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LYJ
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
I'm in the Midland area. I actually plan to take some trips out to New Mexico soon
I may be headed out that way soon actually. The Enchanted Rockies trail starts near Carlsbad and is pretty close to you (A little over 2 hours away I think).

Reactions: Magic Mike

TxDelta

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gomez
Member #

Howdy y’all! I’m super excited to finally be a part of the community and hope to meet up with some y’all for some weekend trips!
Current Location: Silverdale, WA (Seattle area)
Original Location: El Paso, Tx
Current Vehicle: 2019 TACOMA TRD OR
Previous Vehicle: 2010 TACOMA Prerunner
Overland Experience: Beginner
Why Overlanding?: I really got into the outdoors life when I turned 18 and bought an ATV and a mountain bike. I loved going out camping and just exploring off the beaten path. One summer in college, I loaded up my Taco and lived out of it for 2 months while going to different places in the states to hike, bike, and just see different cities. While I always wanted a 4x4, it just wasn’t my time to have one with school being my priority. Ive been impatiently waiting for the day that I could afford a 4x4 taco and that day finally arrived 5 days ago! 2 days later I loaded up the little amount of gear I had and hit section 2 of the WABDR. Words cannot express the joy and freedom that I felt out there! Keep on exploring!

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy y’all! I’m super excited to finally be a part of the community and hope to meet up with some y’all for some weekend trips!
Why Overlanding?: I really got into the outdoors life when I turned 18 and bought an ATV and a mountain bike. I loved going out camping and just exploring off the beaten path. One summer in college, I loaded up my Taco and lived out of it for 2 months while going to different places in the states to hike, bike, and just see different cities. While I always wanted a 4x4, it just wasn’t my time to have one with school being my priority. Ive been impatiently waiting for the day that I could afford a 4x4 taco and that day finally arrived 5 days ago! 2 days later I loaded up the little amount of gear I had and hit section 2 of the WABDR. Words cannot express the joy and freedom that I felt out there! Keep on exploring!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

New to the group. I live in Las Vegas NV and I have a 2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4. My level of overland experience is moderate I would say.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
*Jeep Wave*
Howdy from Houston, I’m new to the overlanding world and “slowly” building up a ‘19 JL Rubicon.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Castro Valley, California

I'm a new member and a novice one @ that. Always the student in my mindset. Cheers, Mates!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. Located MS gulf Coast with a Ford F150 and Boreas XT. Lived/cruised 5 years on sailboat and looking to "dirt cruise". Just finished the Cumberland Trace and now looking at SE or Arkansas for more overland experience for myself, wife and adventurous Golden Retriever.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

My rig is an 09 Fj with all the icon goodies and 35s.

As far as experience goes I am pretty experienced with the off-road aspect of overlanding but new to the camping, long distance travel and preparation aspect of over landing. Most of my experience is from the pay to play parks on the east coast.

Located in Allentown Pa and live in northeast part of Maryland part time for work.

Excited to be part of the group! View attachment 108953View attachment 108954

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Welcome to Overland Bound, @TxDelta! That is a great looking Taco and that smile is epic. Congrats on the new wheels and on joining us here. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

timoaker

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Grand Rapids, MI
First Name
Timuchin
Last Name
Aker
Member #

Hey everyone!

Current location is Columbia, MO, but we visit family in Grand Rapids, MI a few times a year.
Current vehicle is a 2016 Tacoma TRD OR (my first truck, bought used back in January).
Experience? New to the vehicle aspect, but I have a moderate amount of experience backpacking/hiking (lots of time in Killarney Provincial Park in Ontario, portions of the Appalachian Trail, I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro once upon a time). Looking forward to learning/playing off road with the truck.

Excited to be here!

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

... The Enchanted Rockies trail starts near Carlsbad and is pretty close to you (A little over 2 hours away I think).
I hadn’t ever heard of that trail but it sounds awesome. I may have to try it myself!
There have been a number of closed routes on that trail recently. Kevin, Sarah, and Caroline (@Lifestyle Overland ) re-ran a part of the trail recently to find alternate routes and I believe may have updated the Enchanted Rockies trail webpage with the adjusted route at least for one section of the trail.

Reactions: TexasColoRADo

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey all,
My name is Troy.
Rig: 2006 Jeep Commander Limited
Overlanding Experience: Medium to mildly experienced

View attachment 109061
This was from our Death Valley back country trip a few months ago.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @Magic Mike, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Troy Carroll

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bakersfield, CA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @Magic Mike, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob
Excellent & thanks. Do you guys have any kind of monthly meet ups or anything?