Rank 0

Contributor I

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Banks
Hello all!

Marcus B here from Alexandria, VA. Former Marine now an accountant. Very interested in the overland lifestyle. I don't have a rig at the moment, but I'm in the process of choosing my platform. I'm in between 4runner or to camp. Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm very excited to attend the Overland Expo East this year -First, for me- I would like to participate with someone in the NOVA area rather than myself, but I'm there regardless.

Mathes

Local Expert Massachusetts, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Norton, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

Hey, my names Matt, I'm out of southern mass, I saw the add on Facebook and it looked like my kinda thing. I run a 2012 jeep liberty sport latitude edition that's mostly stock. Gonna be adding a few things to it though. I do have a smittybilt overlander on my roof, so that's pretty cool

Attachments

Zero

Rank 0

Contributor I

Frankfurt Germany
First Name
Ronan
Last Name
Schwarz
Member #

Hi everyone !

New member checking in from Frankfurt, Germany.
Rig: 2014 Wrangler JKU
Experience (or how I got here): Went on a lot of Camping trips as a Kid. Then nothing for quite some years. Somehow, by accident I bought a boat - that got me hooked on more "outdoor" things again. A few years (and boats) later, I bought a Jeep - again somehow by accident. That led me to Offroading, which led me to camping & vehicle travels again. Now about to start stage 3 of my rig build (will do build thread maybe?) and planning bigger adventures. :grinning:

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hey, my names Matt, I'm out of southern mass, I saw the add on Facebook and it looked like my kinda thing. I run a 2012 jeep liberty sport latitude edition that's mostly stock. Gonna be adding a few things to it though. I do have a smittybilt overlander on my roof, so that's pretty cool
Welcome from NC.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hi everyone !

Experience (or how I got here): Went on a lot of Camping trips as a Kid. Then nothing for quite some years. Somehow, by accident I bought a boat - that got me hooked on more "outdoor" things again. A few years (and boats) later, I bought a Jeep - again somehow by accident. That led me to Offroading, which led me to camping & vehicle travels again. Now about to start stage 3 of my rig build (will do build thread maybe?) and planning bigger adventures. :grinning:
Welcome from NC!

Banjor

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Sneddon
Member #

SubaruFXT20180826.jpgSubaruFXT20180822.jpg

Hi, I'm from San Francisco, and I drive a 2017 Subaru Forester XT. I'm new to overlanding, and just now making my vehicle capable of more than light off-road adventures. This is my third Subaru, and I love heading off-road in search of campsites or hot springs or mountain bike trails. I've always wanted a more capable vehicle to take me places I couldn't go before, like High Rock Canyon in Nevada or Eureka Dunes in California.

In the next few weeks, I'll be having 1" lift springs installed, along with a bunch of chassis and suspension bracing, upgraded brakes, and a rear hitch spare tire carrier. I'll be replacing the stock 18" wheels and emergency donut with 17" rally wheels and Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S all-terrain tires with two full-size spares. I'm also ordering a bumper brush guard and skid plates from LP Aventure and rock sliders from Primitive Racing. I'm also getting a hi-lift jack and will probably splurge on a front winch.

I've been active in the SubaruForester.org forums for a while, but now that I'm taking my ride to the next level I'm looking forward to learning a lot about off-road adventuring from the members of Overland Bound.

laylow

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Colorado Springs
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Smith
1: Colorado Springs, Colorado
2: Rigs are a 2017 Jeep Renegade 4x4 Sport, 6 speed manual and 1.4 turbo, 1999 GMC Sierra Z71 that I got from my father in law for a grand when he bought a new F150 as a retirement gift to himself. And they both pull our 2014 Little Guy Six Wide.
3: Overlanding experience is very limited, but I do have experience with very long on pavement trips. The Jeep regularly does 3,000 mile round trips for work and pleasure.

We don't need no stinkin' flex!

A very cold Taos NM morning

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

2: Rigs are a 2017 Jeep Renegade 4x4 Sport, 6 speed manual and 1.4 turbo, 1999 GMC Sierra Z71 that I got from my father in law for a grand when he bought a new F150 as a retirement gift to himself. And they both pull our 2014 Little Guy Six Wide.
3: Overlanding experience is very limited, but I do have experience with very long on pavement trips. The Jeep regularly does 3,000 mile round trips for work and pleasure.

Welcome from NC.

EscoTerrestrial

US East Region Member Rep
Staff member
Investor

Influencer II

Port Washington, NY, USA
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Greeting all,
I'm excited to join the community. I look forward to sharing my adventures and learning a ton from all of you. I'm located in St. Louis, MO so I'll have to put some miles in to get to most of the places I'd like to explore. I recently picked up my new Jeep Gladiator and have started to plan my build. Can't wait to share my build and get insight from group on what direction I want to take it. Here a quick shot of her repping the home of the Stanley Cup Champs.

Welcome to the group ! Awesome choice for a rig, awesome pic.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all, my name is Justin and live in Beaumont California. My family isn’t new to off roading but we are new to over landing. We are very excited to meet new people and get out on some adventures with you guy.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested great group of people. https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

I am one of your U.S. West Member Representative, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

View attachment 108441View attachment 108440

Hi, I'm from San Francisco, and I drive a 2017 Subaru Forester XT. I'm new to overlanding, and just now making my vehicle capable of more than light off-road adventures. This is my third Subaru, and I love heading off-road in search of campsites or hot springs or mountain bike trails. I've always wanted a more capable vehicle to take me places I couldn't go before, like High Rock Canyon in Nevada or Eureka Dunes in California.

In the next few weeks, I'll be having 1" lift springs installed, along with a bunch of chassis and suspension bracing, upgraded brakes, and a rear hitch spare tire carrier. I'll be replacing the stock 18" wheels and emergency donut with 17" rally wheels and Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S all-terrain tires with two full-size spares. I'm also ordering a bumper brush guard and skid plates from LP Aventure and rock sliders from Primitive Racing. I'm also getting a hi-lift jack and will probably splurge on a front winch.

I've been active in the SubaruForester.org forums for a while, but now that I'm taking my ride to the next level I'm looking forward to learning a lot about off-road adventuring from the members of Overland Bound.
Welcome from NC!

Dennis K.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
K.
Member #

Hello all!

Marcus B here from Alexandria, VA. Former Marine now an accountant. Very interested in the overland lifestyle. I don't have a rig at the moment, but I'm in the process of choosing my platform. I'm in between 4runner or to camp. Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm very excited to attend the Overland Expo East this year -First, for me- I would like to participate with someone in the NOVA area rather than myself, but I'm there regardless.
Welcome Marcus! See you at the Expo!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 108441View attachment 108440

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone !

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Trip planning and questions.
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Greeting all,
I'm excited to join the community. I look forward to sharing my adventures and learning a ton from all of you. I'm located in St. Louis, MO so I'll have to put some miles in to get to most of the places I'd like to explore. I recently picked up my new Jeep Gladiator and have started to plan my build. Can't wait to share my build and get insight from group on what direction I want to take it. Here a quick shot of her repping the home of the Stanley Cup Champs.