Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi from Texas I'm DoggMan1163 new member
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there,

I'm new to the group, and new to Overlanding. I've driven Range Rovers and Subaru Outbacks in some cool off-roading areas, but wasn't aware of such a large network of trails near me. I recently purchased a 2019 Forester Sport, and have taken it out in the Pine Barrens of NJ for some fun. It has less then 5,000 miles on it and was able to keep up with the big tired Jeep's that were off-roading the Pine Barrens with me. I live in CT and would love to hear what trails are around me.

View attachment 108112View attachment 108116

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I'm Ky. I drive a 2013 wrangler unlimited. I live about an hour away from the red river gorge in Kentucky so I frequently visit the daniel boone backcountry byway. My favorite place to explore is out in the rocky mountains and Utah.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

NCFireGuy

Rank VI

Influencer I

West Jefferson, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Bouchard
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Fire/EMS
Hi my name is Marc and I am from Central NC area. My 9 year old and I are trying to do more expedition trips.

The Current rig is a 2015 RAM 1500 Hemi with complete factory skid plates, a 10k Smittybilt winch and Ko2 tires. I have a small 3 inch lift waiting to be installed.

Looking to put a better bumpers on the beast and a expedition rack over the bed for a tent.

I have off road experience but not much experience in setting up a truck for expedition trips, I am looking for any input I can get and look forward to learning as much as I can.

Here is a beauty and the beast.

IMG_3554.jpg

theterkwiththesnerk

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Surprise, AZ, USA
First Name
Kaylee
Last Name
Jacobell
Member #

Hi all!

Kaylee and Mike here. We’re in Surprise, AZ.
Our 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD sport 4x4 introduced us to this lifestyle a couple years ago and we’ve been slowly building up gear and experiences traveling all over Arizona. We camp/offroad just about every weekend here. Check out IG @theterkwiththesnerk to explore our state with us
3EBFCC46-2B8A-4951-8065-E053453A699A.jpeg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Kaylee and Mike , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is occasionally a meetup around the Phoenix/Mesa area.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: theterkwiththesnerk

theterkwiththesnerk

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Surprise, AZ, USA
First Name
Kaylee
Last Name
Jacobell
Member #

Hello Kaylee and Mike , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is occasionally a meetup around the Phoenix/Mesa area.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
Perfect! That's just the kind of thing we were looking for, thank you!

Halfbreed_Ovrlandr

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evans, GA
Member #

Good Morning all,
My name is Ron Watford and I’m from Evans, Georgia. I have a 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon. I’ve been wanting this platform for years and finally, things fell into place. I can’t wait to get it off the pavement.
My Dad and his buddies didn’t call I “Overlanding” when I was a kid, the just called it off-roading and camping. We went a lot when I was little but I got away from it until I joined the Navy. That’s when I unofficially raced on-road vehicles....off-road...in reverse...until they broke. (Disclaimer: This post is not an admission of guilt to he destruction of government property.) Looking forward to meeting you out on the trails...

About time you finally showed up =)

Reactions: NCFireGuy

Contributor I

Casper, Wyo.
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
B.
Hi everyone,

I'm Jordan with Jasper Outdoors (which isn't really anything other a new personal blog at this point, but we'll see what happens). I moved to Casper, Wyo. in November of 2018 for work, and I'm originally from Jacksonville, FL. I have just started getting into the overland scene, and I try to get outdoors every weekend. There are many beautiful places in the state and I discover something new each time I head out. You can see where I've been by checking out @JasperOutdoors. My college roommate and best friend (Matt) is working on finding a job out here by the end of the year. He's got a 2019 SR5 and I've got a 2018 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x. Looking forward to being a part of the overland community.

Attachments

Fly Guy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pocomoke City, MD, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Greetings all.

I'm Eric and currently live in Maryland. Used to off-road, backpack, hike and camp a lot when living in AZ, CO and NM. Got away from it after moving east with young kids. Started to get back into camping again a couple of years ago and did my 1st "overland" trip last year with my son ... a good old fashioned 4K+ mile road trip to the Rockies. Love the outdoors and exploring new areas. Current set up is a 2017 Tacoma with upgraded suspension, sliders, skids and a bed full of camping and fishing gear.

Alpine Loop ...

20180722_113154.jpg

George Washington NF
20190624_165020.jpg

Jk RubiGator

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

NJ, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Schwarz
Member #

Hello everyone, new member in northern New Jersey . 2015 jeep wrangler rubicon 4dr 37”s 4” long arm atlas 5:1 and lots of extra goodies. New to overlanding but no stranger to the tails. My trusty sidekick is my 8 month old Belgian malinois stella, great company for those long trips.

Attachments

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Greetings all.

I'm Eric and currently live in Maryland. Used to off-road, backpack, hike and camp a lot when living in AZ, CO and NM. Got away from it after moving east with young kids. Started to get back into camping again a couple of years ago and did my 1st "overland" trip last year with my son ... a good old fashioned 4K+ mile road trip to the Rockies. Love the outdoors and exploring new areas. Current set up is a 2017 Tacoma with upgraded suspension, sliders, skids and a bed full of camping and fishing gear.

Alpine Loop ...

View attachment 108310

George Washington NF
View attachment 108311
Welcome from Austin, TX. Great looking Taco!!

Jwilliam82

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Surprise, AZ, USA
First Name
jason
Last Name
weirich
Member #

Hi everyone new member here.
Jason W.
I drive a 2017 tacoma TRD off-road,
Located in surprise,az
I’m new to overlanding, but love to camp and love exploring, Fly fishing, and hiking the out doors of AZ.
Also looking at getting my first RTT for the tacoma so any advice on make and models would be helpful.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Good Morning all,
My name is Ron Watford and I’m from Evans, Georgia. I have a 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon. I’ve been wanting this platform for years and finally, things fell into place. I can’t wait to get it off the pavement.
My Dad and his buddies didn’t call I “Overlanding” when I was a kid, the just called it off-roading and camping. We went a lot when I was little but I got away from it until I joined the Navy. That’s when I unofficially raced on-road vehicles....off-road...in reverse...until they broke. (Disclaimer: This post is not an admission of guilt to he destruction of government property.) Looking forward to meeting you out on the trails...
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone new member here.
Jason W.
I drive a 2017 tacoma TRD off-road,
Located in surprise,az
I’m new to overlanding, but love to camp and love exploring, Fly fishing, and hiking the out doors of AZ.
Also looking at getting my first RTT for the tacoma so any advice on make and models would be helpful.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi my name is Marc and I am from Central NC area. My 9 year old and I are trying to do more expedition trips.

The Current rig is a 2015 RAM 1500 Hemi with complete factory skid plates, a 10k Smittybilt winch and Ko2 tires. I have a small 3 inch lift waiting to be installed.

Looking to put a better bumpers on the beast and a expedition rack over the bed for a tent.

I have off road experience but not much experience in setting up a truck for expedition trips, I am looking for any input I can get and look forward to learning as much as I can.

Here is a beauty and the beast.

View attachment 108254