Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hey there,

I'm new to the group, and new to Overlanding. I've driven Range Rovers and Subaru Outbacks in some cool off-roading areas, but wasn't aware of such a large network of trails near me. I recently purchased a 2019 Forester Sport, and have taken it out in the Pine Barrens of NJ for some fun. It has less then 5,000 miles on it and was able to keep up with the big tired Jeep's that were off-roading the Pine Barrens with me. I live in CT and would love to hear what trails are around me.

View attachment 108112View attachment 108116
Welcome from NC!

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Hello!

New here as of today! Currently outside Dallas, Texas, new project is my 2018 GMC Sierra 1500. Beginner to overlanding but grew up Jeeping and riding dirt bikes in Colorado. Love to hear if anyone else has a GM 1500 they uses. Just took a trip to Big Bend as the first road trip / camping in the truck.
View attachment 104224
Hello from San Antonio!
There are a lot of folks running full-size rigs. I have an F-150. There was a Chevy 1500 at the pearls that ran the same trail I was on. Just have to pick you lines wisely with the long wb. Anyway welcome aboard!

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Morgan Hill, California, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP

Based out of San Jose, CA.

2006 TRD Sport 4x4, 3" lift, 255x75/17 BFG AT, Prinsu Cab Rack, FSR 55" HC RTT with Annex, 35L Portable Refrigerator/Freezer, 100AH Renogy Aux Battery, Remote Controlled Side LEDS, Seaflo pressurized water pump, Reliance portable toilet or a shovel :)

The truck started off as a Tahoe winter traveller for wkend snowboarding, then mtn bike/camping hauler, then road bike and OCR event hauler, hunting/fishing, and this is our first year "family overlanding".
I bought this truck when I was single; now I share it with my wife and 2 kids (6 and 1).

I'm so happy to find this forum and be able to read/learn and share.

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

View attachment 108160

View attachment 108161

2006 TRD Sport 4x4, 3" lift, 255x75/17 BFG AT, Prinsu Cab Rack, FSR 55" HC RTT with Annex, 35L Portable Refrigerator/Freezer, 100AH Renogy Aux Battery, Remote Controlled Side LEDS, Seaflo pressurized water pump, Reliance portable toilet or a shovel :)

The truck started off as a Tahoe winter traveller for wkend snowboarding, then mtn bike/camping hauler, then road bike and OCR event hauler, hunting/fishing, and this is our first year "family overlanding".
I bought this truck when I was single; now I share it with my wife and 2 kids (6 and 1).

Nice looking setup, welcome from NC.

Contributor I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Fletcher
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello to all Overlanders!! Being brand new, figure I’m going to make a few mistakes. My rig is really anything I can get. I have traveled in/on everything from motorcycles to station wagons. As an explorer/photographer, my aim is to bring nature back in photographs to those not able to be there.

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

By the way, I’m from the Atlanta, GA area and haven’t exactly seen a lot of GA members here yet. Am I the only one?? We have the foothills of the AT and plenty of mountains and trails for all. Let’s get together for a trip if your close.
20190609_172113.jpg
I don't know if you can retrieve it but you can use it for your picture show lol

Ron Watford

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Evans, GA USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Watford
Member #

Good Morning all,
My name is Ron Watford and I’m from Evans, Georgia. I have a 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon. I’ve been wanting this platform for years and finally, things fell into place. I can’t wait to get it off the pavement.
My Dad and his buddies didn’t call I “Overlanding” when I was a kid, the just called it off-roading and camping. We went a lot when I was little but I got away from it until I joined the Navy. That’s when I unofficially raced on-road vehicles....off-road...in reverse...until they broke. (Disclaimer: This post is not an admission of guilt to he destruction of government property.) Looking forward to meeting you out on the trails...

Attachments

T4X Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Allen, VA, USA
First Name
Herb
Last Name
Coulter
Member #

Hey y'all. My name is Herb and I'm in Glen Allen VA. I have been camping/wheeling in some form for most of my 42 years. It's become such a big part of my life that I have created a business around it. My wife and I love to get out on the trails and explore but have been more in the rock crawling world for the last decade or so. I have recently decided to get back to my roots and do more exploration and camping. I found the OB group through one of my employees at the shop so I wanted to join to find some good resources for expanding our explorations and see what we can add to the group as we go.

I'm currently running a 16 JKUR with an Intech Flyer Pursue in tow. I may be adding a truck or replacing the JK with a truck soon. Here is our current setup.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all. My name is Herb and I'm in Glen Allen VA. I have been camping/wheeling in some form for most of my 42 years. It's become such a big part of my life that I have created a business around it. My wife and I love to get out on the trails and explore but have been more in the rock crawling world for the last decade or so. I have recently decided to get back to my roots and do more exploration and camping. I found the OB group through one of my employees at the shop so I wanted to join to find some good resources for expanding our explorations and see what we can add to the group as we go.

I'm currently running a 16 JKUR with an Intech Flyer Pursue in tow. I may be adding a truck or replacing the JK with a truck soon. Here is our current setup.

View attachment 108237View attachment 108238
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

Reactions: T4X Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Morning all,
My name is Ron Watford and I’m from Evans, Georgia. I have a 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon. I’ve been wanting this platform for years and finally, things fell into place. I can’t wait to get it off the pavement.
My Dad and his buddies didn’t call I “Overlanding” when I was a kid, the just called it off-roading and camping. We went a lot when I was little but I got away from it until I joined the Navy. That’s when I unofficially raced on-road vehicles....off-road...in reverse...until they broke. (Disclaimer: This post is not an admission of guilt to he destruction of government property.) Looking forward to meeting you out on the trails...

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
A new member hello from Tres Pinos, CA.
Rigs include a 76 FSJ Cherokee, 2001 Tahoe, and 2003 WJ Grand Cherokee (the new toy).
Moderate experiece in Overlanding the rougher stuff.
Hope to see you on the trail!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to all Overlanders!! Being brand new, figure I’m going to make a few mistakes. My rig is really anything I can get. I have traveled in/on everything from motorcycles to station wagons. As an explorer/photographer, my aim is to bring nature back in photographs to those not able to be there.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 108160

View attachment 108161

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.