Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
New member here. Just took a trip to Colorado with my Jeep Gladiator with Putco Venture Tec over my bed it made my first experience of Colorado one to remember!
Nice! and Welcome!!

How do you like the Gladiator? Taken it off road much, perform well?

Jim

15bighorn

Rank 0

Contributor I

California
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Moran
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum (and forums in general) so if I do something wrong or post incorrectly feel free to let me know. I'm just here to learn what I can about overlanding and vehicle setups. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn (currently stock) and plan on setting it up for overlanding and 4 wheeling with my family. I'm from the South Bay Area in California. I currently have no overland experience but have been camping, backpacking, hiking, 4 wheeling, and riding dirt bikes for years so I enjoy the outdoors. I figure having an overland setup is great for getting the family out further into nature and spending some good quality time together appreciating the outdoors. Happy to be here and looking forward to being a part of this community! (boring picture of stock truck to come soon)

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Hi, Bryan N Darla here. we travel about in our 25 foot class C pulling a 16 foot trailer with a couple of BMW GS models, a Kawasaki 250 and follow that in a 2018 Tacoma Off-road. Our dog Rudder always is with us. Current location, Tucson!View attachment 107859
Love the bikes!! Road a F700GS in Greece. Loved taking it up into the mountains!! Welcome.

Reactions: Ncat

ghost05k

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

louisiana
First Name
tony
Last Name
parr
Member #

hello I am tony
been here before and had some poste up on my rig but lost all of that and cant get it back so here I am with a new set 108035

build spec is

land rover discovery 1 was a v8 auto but now powered by a 300tdi and a r380 5 speed
lift 2.5 inch custom springs , shock from a rrc
ever thing on this rig is made by me to fit this rig
snorkel and breather lines
hidden winch custom made mounting sys for both the winch and the control box underhood
light bar made by me
d2 seats front and rear transplanted in to the d1
big battery
tiers techno explorer mt 245/75/16
rti score 1550

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Hello all, my name is Jeff from Sugar Land, Texas recently joined.

I’m a rank novice with a high degree of interest in overlanding and am hoping to learn from those who have blazed the trail before me.

My rig is a mostly stock 2017 Tacoma Off Road that I bought new a little over a year ago and am mod’ing as fast as the budget allows.
Welcome aboard from San Antonio!

SIntents16

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Atlanta
First Name
Necota
Last Name
Staples
Member #

Still doing yours? Reach out to me on
What’s App: necota staples

Hi, I'm Serge, from La Guajira, Colombia, run a tour operator, happy to help organizing experiences in Colombia.
Don't have a car, yet, saving to get a Toyota LandCruiser 80...

Serge Ibagon : tailored tours La Guajira, Colombia

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone, new to the forum.
Ride: 04 Wrangler TJ (4" Lift, 33's)
Experience: None really couple trails nothing big. Looking to get into overlanding vice rock climbing or mud running.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum (and forums in general) so if I do something wrong or post incorrectly feel free to let me know. I'm just here to learn what I can about overlanding and vehicle setups. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn (currently stock) and plan on setting it up for overlanding and 4 wheeling with my family. I'm from the South Bay Area in California. I currently have no overland experience but have been camping, backpacking, hiking, 4 wheeling, and riding dirt bikes for years so I enjoy the outdoors. I figure having an overland setup is great for getting the family out further into nature and spending some good quality time together appreciating the outdoors. Happy to be here and looking forward to being a part of this community! (boring picture of stock truck to come soon)

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here. Just took a trip to Colorado with my Jeep Gladiator with Putco Venture Tec over my bed it made my first experience of Colorado one to remember!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

hello I am tony
been here before and had some poste up on my rig but lost all of that and cant get it back so here I am with a new set View attachment 108035

build spec is

land rover discovery 1 was a v8 auto but now powered by a 300tdi and a r380 5 speed
lift 2.5 inch custom springs , shock from a rrc
ever thing on this rig is made by me to fit this rig
snorkel and breather lines
hidden winch custom made mounting sys for both the winch and the control box underhood
light bar made by me
d2 seats front and rear transplanted in to the d1
big battery
tiers techno explorer mt 245/75/16
rti score 1550
Love the Disco!

Reactions: ghost05k

MinorSeventh

Rank 0

Contributor I

Rocky Hill, CT
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Drumm
Hey there,

I'm new to the group, and new to Overlanding. I've driven Range Rovers and Subaru Outbacks in some cool off-roading areas, but wasn't aware of such a large network of trails near me. I recently purchased a 2019 Forester Sport, and have taken it out in the Pine Barrens of NJ for some fun. It has less then 5,000 miles on it and was able to keep up with the big tired Jeep's that were off-roading the Pine Barrens with me. I live in CT and would love to hear what trails are around me.

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

Overland Bound Meetups

The Reno Overlanding Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details.
US West - Reno Overlanding Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding
@Forrestsmith , welcome to OB. Check out the thread Kent posted and let me know if you have any questions.

The Reno Overlanding group meets the second Wednesday of every month at Famous Dave's BBQ restaurant in Reno. We start the meeting at 6 pm.

Also, If you peruse the OB trips thread, you'll see a couple of trips on the the schedule for the group.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Robert (@DoggMan1163) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hi all. I cant believe I have been dabbling in Overlanding for a few years and have just now found this group.

I'm Derrick and live in San Antonio Texas. I am running a 2015 JKU Rubicon and a home built trailer running my original rubi tires on it for added clearance.

Even though I have been camping my whole life and overlanding for a few years, (Like once a year, lol) I would still put myself in the beginner stages of it all.

I look forward to connecting with more people in the area as well as across the country.
View attachment 107903
Welcome from NC!