Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Kings Mountain North Carolina new member
Roughly about a month ago i had a random idea to build a rig to drive across the US and camp along the way. I knew nothing of Overland Bound or the Trans-America trail until recently. My trip plans are a bit different than anything ive watched on youtube. Simply because iam time limited, ill be shipping my truck to CA and flying out. Unless i can manage adding two more days to my trip, then ill drive out to CA. My trip start will be from Twentynine Palms CA, after the 2020 King of The Hammers race. I currently do no have pictures of my trusty Tacoma on this computer, but i do plan to start a build thread.

View attachment 105223View attachment 105224View attachment 105225
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: hgsr

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Here is my introduction.
Rig: 08 Jeep JKUR
Experience: More Rock Crawler/Trail Experience then anything. Me and the Wife are about to purchase a Off Road Camping Trailer in the next month so long camping trips NOT in a tent are in our future.

Picture of the Jeep so you know who I am.
View attachment 105271
Welcome @ZachSW! I'm up north a little (Whidbey Island). Nice Jeep you got there! Make sure to check out the local region forums (you are in the NorthWest region) for events and meetups (in fact, there is one the first Friday of every month in Burlington [PM for details]). Also might checkout the official OB NW Facebook page (which is more active than the forums). If you need any help, feel free to PM me at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe
NW Member Rep

ZachSW

Rank 0

Contributor I

Stanwood, WA, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Williams
Welcome @ZachSW! I'm up north a little (Whidbey Island). Nice Jeep you got there! Make sure to check out the local region forums (you are in the NorthWest region) for events and meetups (in fact, there is one the first Friday of every month in Burlington [PM for details]). Also might checkout the official OB NW Facebook page (which is more active than the forums). If you need any help, feel free to PM me at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe
NW Member Rep
Thanks man. I just sent a request to join the Facebook group. Thanks the Jeep is new to us as I had a 3rd gen 4Runner previous. We are looking to pull the trigger on a Hiker trailer in the next week or so. We are very excited to get it when we pull the trigger.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Thanks man. I just sent a request to join the Facebook group. Thanks the Jeep is new to us as I had a 3rd gen 4Runner previous. We are looking to pull the trigger on a Hiker trailer in the next week or so. We are very excited to get it when we pull the trigger.
Sounds fantastic! I want to build a trailer for my rig. I have a family of 8 (2 are out of the house), so we do tents. My idea for the trailer is mostly a kitchen and storage.

ZachSW

Rank 0

Contributor I

Stanwood, WA, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Williams
Sounds fantastic! I want to build a trailer for my rig. I have a family of 8 (2 are out of the house), so we do tents. My idea for the trailer is mostly a kitchen and storage.

Yeah we have been tent camping for years and my wife is finally fed up with it in nasty weather. We spent a week in Yellowstone at the beginning of the month and that was the determining factor. She wants to be warm dry and comfortable. Which I totally understand and agree with. We plan on keeping the trailer a long time so we want it to be perfect the first time with the ability to upgrade it and let it grow with our family when kids start coming along.

Ruben Z

Rank 0

Contributor I

South Texas
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Zamora
Hello Everyone,

My name Ruben Zamora and I'm from the Rio Grande Valley way deep in South Texas. My current Rig is a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport. I didn't opt for the more expensive packages and I wanted it pretty bare bones. The only thing I optioned for was the Limited Slip Rear End, 8spd Auto and Hard top. Since then I've added Power Locks to it, Westin Side Steps, Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform with Maximus-3 Brackets, Rhino Rack Batwing Awning, Engel MT45 Fridge and a few other odds and ends. You can see all about my rig on my blog at My Jeep Wrangler Project -

As far as Overlanding goes. My family and I are pretty new to it but not new to the outdoors and camping. For about 6 years we have camped in our 23foot Palomino Puma Travel Trailer and now looking to use the JEEP to go further into the beautiful spots.

Attachments

Jay G. Burke

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Kentucky
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Burke
Howdy from Iraq!

My name is Jay Burke. Stationed out at Fort Campbell, KY! I'm a Chaplain and looking to get soldiers into overloading for therapy!
I have a Lexus GX470 Pearl White
Icon Stage 2, 3in Lift
Any chance my family gets we fly to Denver rent an FJ through Turo.com, and a camper through Outdoorsey.com and get lost in the rockies...literally we love exploring the great outdoors!105364IMG_0136.jpeg

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Howdy from Iraq!

My name is Jay Burke. Stationed out at Fort Campbell, KY! I'm a Chaplain and looking to get soldiers into overloading for therapy!
Icon Stage 2, 3in Lift
Any chance my family gets we fly to Denver rent an FJ through Turo.com, and a camper through Outdoorsey.com and get lost in the rockies...literally we love exploring the great outdoors!View attachment 105364View attachment 105364
Welcome from NC! Last time I was in that desert was 2009.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ruben (@Ruben Z), welcome from Oklahoma.
You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Ruben Z

Ruben Z

Rank 0

Contributor I

South Texas
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Zamora

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Yeah we have been tent camping for years and my wife is finally fed up with it in nasty weather. We spent a week in Yellowstone at the beginning of the month and that was the determining factor. She wants to be warm dry and comfortable. Which I totally understand and agree with. We plan on keeping the trailer a long time so we want it to be perfect the first time with the ability to upgrade it and let it grow with our family when kids start coming along.
Makes sense.

mknielsen

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Black Diamond, AB, Canada
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nielsen
Member #

Hello from South Carolina! I am driving a 2016 Tacoma trd off road — my first truck ( I’m a former sports car guy) . Is there a category below complete novice?
Welcome, I started out with British MGBs myself, had a convertible and a GT. Now I play with old Ford trucks. The Taco is a great little truck, just don't overload it and she will do anything you ask of her. If not already, you will be fully converted soon. Trucks are just so darn useful. Enjoy!

Admells

Rank 0

Contributor I

Poulsbo, Washington, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Ellis
Welcome to Overland Bound Adam. Your story is similar to many who have joined Overland Bound, looking for a way to further their enjoyment of nature. The great news is that there are a number of places to explore in Washington and the PNW. I recommend starting out by checking into the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Thanks

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from South Carolina! I am driving a 2016 Tacoma trd off road — my first truck ( I’m a former sports car guy) . Is there a category below complete novice?

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the @AdventureWithDanan Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is Southeast. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello newbie here from Orange County CA!
Rig: 99 Suburban
Full-size Off-road

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Mangledmess1

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy from Iraq!

Icon Stage 2, 3in Lift
Any chance my family gets we fly to Denver rent an FJ through Turo.com, and a camper through Outdoorsey.com and get lost in the rockies...literally we love exploring the great outdoors!View attachment 105364View attachment 105364

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.