First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Thanks for the warm welcome.

We have a:
2008 Jeep Commander (XK) Sport

I am a novice when it comes to overlanding but have been off-roading for 7 years. My first experience was out in hawaii with an 95Xj and then went to a 2006 TJ (2.5L 4cyl). Now i have the Commander which is an absolute blast. I currently live in California, Maryland and i am constantly searching for beaches, back-roads, trails to take the kids and wife on and just enjoy the great outdoors. Looking to get into camping overnight on this locations ASAP.
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound your local member rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello everyone. Brand new member.

Retired USMC Tanker. Rode on both M60A1s and M1A1s, as well as various types of HMMWVs.

Rig: Just picked up a brand new 2019 Toyota 4Runner. TRD Off-Road. Plan is to sell another vehicle and spend a couple thousand on initial mods. After that, evolution will be a gradual process.
No overlanding experience. I've taken tanks and hummers across challenging terrain, gotten both stuck, and pulled both out using vehicles and winches. And I've spent many a night on the fender of a tank and the inside of a Humvee. Overlanding sounds like fun - better camp chairs, better food, good company, and no body armor.
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound your local member rep.

Overland Bound Meetups

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello! I’m new to this community. I drive an 08 JKU with only Offroad mods and hardly anything that’s useful for camping. I got almost no knowledge on how to route an overland trip so here I am.
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

Overland Bound Meetups

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Good day, new guy here.

24 yrs of service in the USAF living in Maryland. I use my truck for camping at MTB races year round. Simple build so far and this is an older photo. Im looking forward to more adventures.
View attachment 104423

Overland Bound Meetups

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm new to overlanding but been wanting to do it for a long time. I live in Moncton New-Brunswick Canada and I hope there is other overlander in the region to guide me in this new adventure. I'm curently shopping for a Land Rover Discovery II.

I did find a couple of them that are interesting, I will post what I found in the appropriate forum section if you guys want to give me your opinion. Thanks
Welcome to OLB and the Canada - Atlantic Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the Canada - Atlantic Forum? Check this link:
Canada - Atlantic (NL PE NS NB)

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello I'm Adam and I’m new to overlanding but not new to the outdoors just looking to become more mobile and stay out a little longer than one day trips. Grew up RV camping and a lot of tent camping in the recent years. Hope to see you all out in the great outdoors.
Welcome to Overland Bound Adam. Your story is similar to many who have joined Overland Bound, looking for a way to further their enjoyment of nature. The great news is that there are a number of places to explore in Washington and the PNW. I recommend starting out by checking into the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Admells

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
View attachment 104901
hi I'm new to the group my
location. Milwaukie Oregon
my rig. 2015 TRD Pro 4 runner
experience. I have a background in Thrasher Wheeling first gen Toyota is Jimmy's excetera have moved towards overlanding in the past few months I've been to one rally no trips yet
i I'm super excited to become a part of this group this community to learn more become a more experienced driver and hit some trail make new friends experience new things Adventure is key me and my family are grateful to be a part of what you guys have started I've been following you for quite some time on social media and finally met up with a few you had Northwest Overland rally was a great experience thanks for taking the time to read this
Hey TRD_Phantom and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for checking us out at Northwest Overland Rally and for joining us here. This is a great group of people and an awesome resource for anyone interested in getting out there and fulfilling our most basic need for adventure. There are a lot of members in and around the PDX area, so I recommend heading over to the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for your next stop so that you can get to know your neighbors. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are the member reps for Western Oregon and will be a great resource for helping you find out what is going on. If you just want to check out what events are planned, you can take a look at the Rally Point System [link], where we post our events.

I get down to the Vancouver/PDX area periodically for work and would love to get together with other members in the area, so I hope to see you down there in the near future. Until then, if you have questions just send me a message on the forums at @Jedi.

cisco_nh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
Hey guys!!! I’m Kevin - nice to meet you all.

New to the group, excited to have joined Overland Bound.

I have a new to me 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport.
Currently located in Oahu, Hawaii, however I’ll be moving to Virginia at the end of the year, so hoping to join in and meet everyone.

I’m fairly new to the overlanding group. I’ve done a good amount of off-roading here in Hawaii, but looking to get into overoanding back on the mainland.
Welcome! I’ve never been to Hawaii. Wheeling there is on my bucket list.

Reactions: Ironhyde

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 104901
hi I'm new to the group my
location. Milwaukie Oregon
my rig. 2015 TRD Pro 4 runner
experience. I have a background in Thrasher Wheeling first gen Toyota is Jimmy's excetera have moved towards overlanding in the past few months I've been to one rally no trips yet
i I'm super excited to become a part of this group this community to learn more become a more experienced driver and hit some trail make new friends experience new things Adventure is key me and my family are grateful to be a part of what you guys have started I've been following you for quite some time on social media and finally met up with a few you had Northwest Overland rally was a great experience thanks for taking the time to read this
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys!!! I’m Kevin - nice to meet you all.

New to the group, excited to have joined Overland Bound.

I have a new to me 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport.
Currently located in Oahu, Hawaii, however I’ll be moving to Virginia at the end of the year, so hoping to join in and meet everyone.

I’m fairly new to the overlanding group. I’ve done a good amount of off-roading here in Hawaii, but looking to get into overoanding back on the mainland.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

Currently you are in the West Region but will be moving to the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: Ironhyde

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Excited to be joining you all from OK. Apparently I've been overlanding for about 12 years now, but never knew there was a term for it.

We've traveled most of the country, but usually find ourselves in the Rockies. Can't wait to share our trips and to get inspiration from yours!

I have to thank @Lifestyle Overland for the inspiration to join, thanks for documenting your family's amazing adventures and convincing my wife that we can still travel with kiddos!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Your local Member Representatives are @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello I'm Adam and I’m new to overlanding but not new to the outdoors just looking to become more mobile and stay out a little longer than one day trips. Grew up RV camping and a lot of tent camping in the recent years. Hope to see you all out in the great outdoors.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, Just joined a couple weeks ago, Live in Milwaukee County.
Own a 2017 Trd Off Road 4 runner. Was up in the U.P. of Michigan for a couple days and made it to High Rock bay.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All!

Thank you for allowing me to join, looking forward to meeting some of you. I am new to the Overlanding lifestyle.
Anyone close looking to hit some trails. Cast some fishing lines and have a cold one. Let me know!

2017 F150 3.5EB Platinum 4x4
Located in - Fresno, Ca
Overland Bound Member# 17296

Mods:
S&B Cai
UPR catch can
4” MBRP catback exhaust
Eaton Detroit TrueTrac Helical gear LSD
Fox 2.0 coilover kit (front & rear)
Auto Spring rear add-a-leaf kit
RCI full underbody skids
Forged off-road rear shock mount skids
Body armor hitch skid
Gator Tri-fold soft tonneau cover
JDM - Astar Lights (head & fog)
Line-X spray in bed liner
35% 3M ceramic tint

Future Mods:
295/65r20 Nitto RG’s - 2 month ETA
(Keeping stock platinum 20” rims, will paint flat black when complete)
MPT tune
BDS uca’s
RCI 12” bedrack
Smittybuilt 2883 RTT
Upgraded bumper with winch
Front bumper and rear light kit
Dual battery setup
Upgrade intercooler
36 gal fuel tank upgrade

This build is not catered to be a pavement princess, but a daily driver and funseeker. I have recently began the new hobby of overlanding. NOT rockcrawling, so staying away from crazy lift. I want the smoothest yet capable truck I can put into the easy/moderate trails. Like most of us this is a hobby and I am a working man so adding mods when I can budget for them.
I waited on tires for another 2 months or so as the stock tires I have still have quite a lot of tread (stock 275/55r20). Couldn’t convince myself to pony up the extra money when I still have something that works.
I’m in Fresno, Ca, anyone close looking to hit some trails. Cast some fishing lines and have a cold one. Let me know!

Overland Bound Meetups

There is going to be a meet-up in Fresno very soon, you will receive a message on the forum.

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I'm new to the Overlanding scene. I decided that It was time to call it quits for the long distance Harley trips and would move on to Overlanding. My wife and I are trying to start a family and she supports the idea of a built 4Runner more than my bike. I have a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium. I haven't done much in regards to modifications yet, but have upgraded all the lights, added a couple lightbars, fog lights and I am currently looking into lift and roof rack options now. I am currently living in St. Louis Missouri but I am originally from Boise Idaho and looking to move back. I have very little experience with a full rig on the trail but have a lifetime of ATV and Dirtbike trail experience. Looking forward to learning more!

Dawson
View attachment 104250

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region and very close to Southeast, Rocky Mountain & Southwest regions, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I am Jeff from Maumee, Ohio. I am a little more that novice but I wouldn't say I am fully experienced. I am an Eagle Scout and have spent my whole life camping and enjoying the great outdoors. I have spent 15 days hiking in the Rockies, 10 days portaging in Northern Minnesota and everything in between. I have 2 young kids that I am starting to expose to the outdoor lifestyle and can't wait to see where that takes us. I drive a 2008 Jeep Commander that has a 2.5" lift, 32" BFG KO2s, Jeep Steel bumper with 12,000lb winch, custom rock sliders, Powertrax rear locker, lots of lights and custom storage box in the rear. One thing I have learned from being in the off-road community is that you are never done upgrading your vehicle, so I am sure I will make more changes down the road. Thanks for having me!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: HiJeffinition

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Been a member for about a month. Started a build thread but didnt want to post here until I got my badge, shipping lost it so it took the last month. Building a 2018 Sierra Denali 1500 to take my son exploring. Feel free to check it out and follow along. I live outside of Reno but spend every other weekend in Vegas.

2018 Sierra 1500 Denali

Overland Bound Meetups

The Reno Overlanding Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details.
US West - Reno Overlanding Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

Your Regional Member Representative is and he runs the Reno Meet-Up @HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

New here as of today! Currently outside Dallas, Texas, new project is my 2018 GMC Sierra 1500. Beginner to overlanding but grew up Jeeping and riding dirt bikes in Colorado. Love to hear if anyone else has a GM 1500 they uses. Just took a trip to Big Bend as the first road trip / camping in the truck.
View attachment 104224

Overland Bound Meetups

The DFW area is just getting going again with a meet-up, if your interested check out this Rally Point for details.
DFW Monthly Recurring Overland Bound Meet

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @brien on the forum

Reactions: 2018GMC1500

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greeting everyone
Eastern North Carolina
2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5
I would consider myself a novice. I've explored Montana, Southern GA and originally from PA. I Would like to get more into overlanding and building a more prurpose built rig. Im new to the 4Runner game, but before this I had a 2000 Xterra when I lived in GA and moved to a more fuel efficient crossover an 08 Ford Edge when I moved to Montana.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from wonderful SW Idaho (Boise area)!
My wife and I are expanding our horizons and currently run a '11 Xterra and a '00 TJ, and we have a homemade adventure trailer with a rooftop tent we're outfitting to our needs. Hoping to upgrade the TJ to a JKU (on the hunt for a suitable one now).
My wife (Hope) is relatively new to overlanding but I've been a vehicle adventurer since the mid '80's.

Reactions: ICDGary713