Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good day, new guy here.

24 yrs of service in the USAF living in Maryland. I use my truck for camping at MTB races year round. Simple build so far and this is an older photo. Im looking forward to more adventures.
View attachment 104423
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Spurdog28

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My Name is Kirk.
I have a 1990 Bronco and 2004 Yukon.
I live in Wichita KS and am from Oregon, so I have made a lot of road trips between the two with lots of adventures between.
I am very experienced off-roader and traveler. I have a lot of knowledge of Oregon backcountry so if anyone would like ideas, just ask.
There are some surprisingly fun places to explore in KS and the surrounding states.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the ___ Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director @Cendee
Overland Bound Regions!

You have two Member Representatives close to your location who have great local knowledge.
@Prerunner1982
@Iwata77

Reactions: Cendee and Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

My name is Cassandra and I am so excited to connect with this huge community of overlanders and adventure enthusiasts.

I have a stock 2018 F150 XLT 3.5L Ecoboost with a full Tow and 4x4 OffRoad package. I named her Belle. :laughing: Simply from the movie Beauty and the Beast!
View attachment 104419

View attachment 104421

I live in San Gabriel, CA within the San Gabriel Valley near Pasadena, CA and Los Angeles, CA.

I am totally new to the world of OffRoading and Overlanding. I only recently began testing the waters joining Jeeps on day trips. I've pushed a few boundaries on what my truck could do and met just the right person along the way who told me about overlanding and what endless possibilities can come from it. Hope to Overland with some of you really soon!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director @Narbob. Bob is currently in the North West at a rally but will get back to you when he gets back on grid.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! My name's Max. I currently live in Oregon but I'm originally from New York. I have plenty of experience with camping and general outdoor activities, but I've only been overlanding for about a year.

I plan to do a more in-depth build thread, but the basic intro to my rig is as follow:
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
3.5" OME Lift
Smittybilt XRC rear bumper/tire carrier
31 X 10.50 Wrangler DuraTrac Tires
Lot's of other smaller things that I'll go into detail about in a different thread

I'm looking forward to meeting others in the community and learning more about this craft and adventure!

View attachment 104398

Overland Bound Meetups

I am trying to get to Grants Pass this summer and have a Southern Oregon meet-up. When it is scheduled you will receive a message here on the forum.

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. Brand new member.

Retired USMC Tanker. Rode on both M60A1s and M1A1s, as well as various types of HMMWVs.

Rig: Just picked up a brand new 2019 Toyota 4Runner. TRD Off-Road. Plan is to sell another vehicle and spend a couple thousand on initial mods. After that, evolution will be a gradual process.
No overlanding experience. I've taken tanks and hummers across challenging terrain, gotten both stuck, and pulled both out using vehicles and winches. And I've spent many a night on the fender of a tank and the inside of a Humvee. Overlanding sounds like fun - better camp chairs, better food, good company, and no body armor.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, I'm new to overlanding but been wanting to do it for a long time. I live in Moncton New-Brunswick Canada and I hope there is other overlander in the region to guide me in this new adventure. I'm curently shopping for a Land Rover Discovery II.

I did find a couple of them that are interesting, I will post what I found in the appropriate forum section if you guys want to give me your opinion. Thanks

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Blaklyte

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2000 Land Rover Discovery II (with 220k miles)(new steel bumpers front and back since this photo was taken on the Mojave Road)
Experience: In 1980 I bought my first car, a 1962 Willys CJ5 Jeep —Dang! I wish I still had that thing!. In the 90's I had a 1986 FJ60 Land Cruiser —Dang again! Wish I still had this one too!. Now I own a LR Discovery that I've had for sixteen years. She's my daily driver. I've driven all of these vehicles to the outback and beyond. My parents were jet setters and we never camped when I was a child. Now? Every chance I get I'm gone. My brother is an overlander too. We both have teenage girls and they've acquired quite a taste for adventuring.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Your closest Member Representative is @Barclay. He can set you up with a local meet-up

WolfCamp Offroad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, Tx USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Thank you so much Kent appreciate the information

3xpert

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Wisconsin
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
S
Member #

Hi, Just joined a couple weeks ago, Live in Milwaukee County.
Own a 2017 Trd Off Road 4 runner. Was up in the U.P. of Michigan for a couple days and made it to High Rock bay.

Reactions: Kent R

Admells

Rank 0

Contributor I

Poulsbo, Washington, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Ellis
Hello I'm Adam and I’m new to overlanding but not new to the outdoors just looking to become more mobile and stay out a little longer than one day trips. Grew up RV camping and a lot of tent camping in the recent years. Hope to see you all out in the great outdoors.

VaGregory

Rank 0

Contributor I

De
First Name
Gregory
Last Name
Meal
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactio
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Thank you for your service
I'm an old guy from Va currently residing in DE
I have an 03xc70 ( not a DD ) and would appreciate any insight as to raising it
Tks

JRyan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bixby, OK, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Excited to be joining you all from OK. Apparently I've been overlanding for about 12 years now, but never knew there was a term for it.

We've traveled most of the country, but usually find ourselves in the Rockies. Can't wait to share our trips and to get inspiration from yours!

I have to thank @Lifestyle Overland for the inspiration to join, thanks for documenting your family's amazing adventures and convincing my wife that we can still travel with kiddos!

Ironhyde

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Honolulu, HI, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Phillips
Member #

Hey guys!!! I’m Kevin - nice to meet you all.

New to the group, excited to have joined Overland Bound.

I have a new to me 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport.
Currently located in Oahu, Hawaii, however I’ll be moving to Virginia at the end of the year, so hoping to join in and meet everyone.

I’m fairly new to the overlanding group. I’ve done a good amount of off-roading here in Hawaii, but looking to get into overoanding back on the mainland.

Attachments

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Just joined after running into some crew out at the Lost Coast. Great people and I look forward to contributing and having fun!

I am currently running a stock 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. I am also amazed at what this thing can do!
We had a group of 14 rigs out Father’s Day weekend. We are a little east of concord but we do have a San Ramon member who comes out. We meet the third Sunday of the month. Hope you are doing well!

Reactions: RoarinRow

TRD_Phantom

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Milwaukie, OR, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Mixon
Member #

hi I'm new to the group my
location. Milwaukie Oregon
my rig. 2015 TRD Pro 4 runner
experience. I have a background in Thrasher Wheeling first gen Toyota is Jimmy's excetera have moved towards overlanding in the past few months I've been to one rally no trips yet
i I'm super excited to become a part of this group this community to learn more become a more experienced driver and hit some trail make new friends experience new things Adventure is key me and my family are grateful to be a part of what you guys have started I've been following you for quite some time on social media and finally met up with a few you had Northwest Overland rally was a great experience thanks for taking the time to read this

Willmh3

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tennessee Colony, Texas
Member #

View attachment 104901
hi I'm new to the group my
location. Milwaukie Oregon
my rig. 2015 TRD Pro 4 runner
experience. I have a background in Thrasher Wheeling first gen Toyota is Jimmy's excetera have moved towards overlanding in the past few months I've been to one rally no trips yet
i I'm super excited to become a part of this group this community to learn more become a more experienced driver and hit some trail make new friends experience new things Adventure is key me and my family are grateful to be a part of what you guys have started I've been following you for quite some time on social media and finally met up with a few you had Northwest Overland rally was a great experience thanks for taking the time to read this
Welcome to the club. You have a good looking 4Runner.

cisco_nh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
The rooftop tent came in this week and the bed rack should be here in the next couple weeks. Then it will be piece by piece gametime decisions!
Nice...Same here. One thing at a time as finances allow. This week I will be getting the Metalcloak rock rails installed.