Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone
My name is Wes. I drive a 94 Toyota 4runner. I'm pretty new to the Overland game. Im from the bay area. I look forward to learning more. Thanks :)
Welcome to Overland Bound, make sure to read the new member threads and check out Rally Points, the calendar and the meetup thread for meetups and events in your area!

I am your regional member rep, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me or you can contact our Regional Director @Narbob!

mtncrow

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Martinez, California, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Also I purchased a membership and don’t have the badge yet. Do I have to wait for that to come to get access to the different abilities of the website?
Welcome! Check out Lovus Map on Android... it works amazing and the offline maps (first 3 are free) show a lot of detail. I've used it backpacking and offroading woth great success.

Enthusiast I

Eastern Idaho
First Name
James
Last Name
D
Hi all,
I'm in Eastern Idaho and I have lurked here for a bit while looking for a cheap truck. Picked up this 2004 frontier for a good price. I'm currently working on replacing the belts and fluids and cleaning it up. For improving off-road capability I plan to start by beefing up the suspension and then incrementally add some protection. The craziest offroading we do now is forest roads to get to trails and lakes and such, but I'd like to end up on some more technical things. There is a lot within 8 hours of us.

IMG_20190608_153807.jpg

DignTRDoffRoad

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Alabama
Member #

Hello everyone. Brand new member.

Retired USMC Tanker. Rode on both M60A1s and M1A1s, as well as various types of HMMWVs.

Rig: Just picked up a brand new 2019 Toyota 4Runner. TRD Off-Road. Plan is to sell another vehicle and spend a couple thousand on initial mods. After that, evolution will be a gradual process.
No overlanding experience. I've taken tanks and hummers across challenging terrain, gotten both stuck, and pulled both out using vehicles and winches. And I've spent many a night on the fender of a tank and the inside of a Humvee. Overlanding sounds like fun - better camp chairs, better food, good company, and no body armor.
Welcome, first thank you for your service to our Country, 2nd Overlanding will be no doubt an enjoyable experience compared to what you've had to endure, enjoy, live long and bless you, you deserve every enjoyable minute and more.

WolfCamp Offroad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, Tx USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Good morning Welcome Forum

For starters my name is Nick and I drive an 2016 Toyota 4Runner.

I don’t have much experience overlanding but I’m excited to learn about overlanding and hopefully learn about some hidden trails out here in West Texas (Odessa/Midland).

I do some amateur photography work with Guns, Rigs, and Gear. If you’re into stuff like that I do have an Instagram page it’s @lord_ _hotdog.

Super excited to be apart of the Overland Bound community!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Nick (@TX Overland 1999) , welcome from Oklahoma though I am some what familiar with the Permian Basin as I grew up in Lubbock and Hobbs, NM.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

WolfCamp Offroad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, Tx USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Hello Nick (@TX Overland 1999) , welcome from Oklahoma though I am some what familiar with the Permian Basin as I grew up in Lubbock and Hobbs, NM.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Thank you I appreciate the guidance in the forums lol also I grew up in plainview

Reactions: Wilson123

NashvilleKara

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Kara
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Heya Welcome Forum

For starters my name is Kara and I drive a '11 Nissan Xterra it's my daily and toy.

I don’t have much experience overlanding but I'm not afraid to try and have experience with camping/hiking and kayaking. Love being out in the middle of nowhere and packing my kids with me. (7 yo girl & 3 yo boy atm) and of course my dog.

Stoked to add some more outdoor activities and maybe meet some folks.

IMG_3051[1].JPG

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Thank you I appreciate the guidance in the forums lol also I grew up in plainview
"I'm a high straight in Plainview
Side bet in Idalou
And a fresh deck in New Deal
Well I ain't got no blood veins
I just got them four lanes
Of hard Amarillo Highway "

Sorry just happened to be listening to a little Maines Brothers when I read your reply and the lyrics from Amarillo Highway just hit me. Have a great weekend.

Reactions: WolfCamp Offroad

Commander Explorer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Sweden, ME, USA
First Name
Jeraime
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Thanks for the warm welcome.

We have a:
2008 Jeep Commander (XK) Sport

I am a novice when it comes to overlanding but have been off-roading for 7 years. My first experience was out in hawaii with an 95Xj and then went to a 2006 TJ (2.5L 4cyl). Now i have the Commander which is an absolute blast. I currently live in California, Maryland and i am constantly searching for beaches, back-roads, trails to take the kids and wife on and just enjoy the great outdoors. Looking to get into camping overnight on this locations ASAP.

Attachments

Jonnymac

Rank 0

Contributor I

Riverside, CA, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
McWhorter
New here from So Cal.

Doing research before diving in to overland world.

Considering a Subaru Outback purchase & modifying to make it more capable for light off roading & fun camping with my family.

The criterion that has to be met are:
- comfortable for 5 total passengers on long trips

- decent gas mileage to be my daily driver (already ruled out trucks). 20-25+ is a dream.

- capable off road. Nothing aggressive

- looks great (although I’m pretty into the look of all overland vehicles I’ve seen so far. The mods are just plain cool)

Any other suggestions than the Outback?

Jillsogw

Rank V

Explorer I

Sacramento, CA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Jillson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6GWJ
Welcome! This is a great place to get information. The Outback would be a nice choice for what you want.

You will hear this a lot, it doesn't matter what you drive.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

4xeOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Nicholl
Hi! I've been watching all sorts of Overlanding YouTube videos for the last year and decided to jump in! Starting to outfit and update the Jeep and wanted to share some of the things I'm doing and get some guidance.
Current Vehicle: 93 Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Laredo
Overland Experience: NOPE

Attachments