Contributor II

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Foster
Member #

Hello All!

Thank you for allowing me to join, looking forward to meeting some of you. I am new to the Overlanding lifestyle.
Anyone close looking to hit some trails. Cast some fishing lines and have a cold one. Let me know!

2017 F150 3.5EB Platinum 4x4
Located in - Fresno, Ca
Overland Bound Member# 17296

Mods:
S&B Cai
UPR catch can
4” MBRP catback exhaust
Eaton Detroit TrueTrac Helical gear LSD
Fox 2.0 coilover kit (front & rear)
Auto Spring rear add-a-leaf kit
RCI full underbody skids
Forged off-road rear shock mount skids
Body armor hitch skid
Gator Tri-fold soft tonneau cover
JDM - Astar Lights (head & fog)
Line-X spray in bed liner
35% 3M ceramic tint

Future Mods:
295/65r20 Nitto RG’s - 2 month ETA
(Keeping stock platinum 20” rims, will paint flat black when complete)
MPT tune
BDS uca’s
RCI 12” bedrack
Smittybuilt 2883 RTT
Upgraded bumper with winch
Front bumper and rear light kit
Dual battery setup
Upgrade intercooler
36 gal fuel tank upgrade

This build is not catered to be a pavement princess, but a daily driver and funseeker. I have recently began the new hobby of overlanding. NOT rockcrawling, so staying away from crazy lift. I want the smoothest yet capable truck I can put into the easy/moderate trails. Like most of us this is a hobby and I am a working man so adding mods when I can budget for them.
I waited on tires for another 2 months or so as the stock tires I have still have quite a lot of tread (stock 275/55r20). Couldn’t convince myself to pony up the extra money when I still have something that works.
I’m in Fresno, Ca, anyone close looking to hit some trails. Cast some fishing lines and have a cold one. Let me know!

Inlimine

Rank II

Contributor III

Los Angeles
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Manson
Member #

Rig: 2000 Land Rover Discovery II (with 220k miles)(new steel bumpers front and back since this photo was taken on the Mojave Road)
Experience: In 1980 I bought my first car, a 1962 Willys CJ5 Jeep —Dang! I wish I still had that thing!. In the 90's I had a 1986 FJ60 Land Cruiser —Dang again! Wish I still had this one too!. Now I own a LR Discovery that I've had for sixteen years. She's my daily driver. I've driven all of these vehicles to the outback and beyond. My parents were jet setters and we never camped when I was a child. Now? Every chance I get I'm gone. My brother is an overlander too. We both have teenage girls and they've acquired quite a taste for adventuring.

Attachments

Blaklyte

Rank 0

Contributor I

Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
First Name
Marc
Last Name
D
Hi everyone, I'm new to overlanding but been wanting to do it for a long time. I live in Moncton New-Brunswick Canada and I hope there is other overlander in the region to guide me in this new adventure. I'm curently shopping for a Land Rover Discovery II.

I did find a couple of them that are interesting, I will post what I found in the appropriate forum section if you guys want to give me your opinion. Thanks

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello everyone. Brand new member.

Retired USMC Tanker. Rode on both M60A1s and M1A1s, as well as various types of HMMWVs.

Rig: Just picked up a brand new 2019 Toyota 4Runner. TRD Off-Road. Plan is to sell another vehicle and spend a couple thousand on initial mods. After that, evolution will be a gradual process.
No overlanding experience. I've taken tanks and hummers across challenging terrain, gotten both stuck, and pulled both out using vehicles and winches. And I've spent many a night on the fender of a tank and the inside of a Humvee. Overlanding sounds like fun - better camp chairs, better food, good company, and no body armor.

TwoRoadsOverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Cove, NY, USA
First Name
Max
Last Name
Cheney
Member #

Hey everyone! My name's Max. I currently live in Oregon but I'm originally from New York. I have plenty of experience with camping and general outdoor activities, but I've only been overlanding for about a year.

I plan to do a more in-depth build thread, but the basic intro to my rig is as follow:
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
3.5" OME Lift
Smittybilt XRC rear bumper/tire carrier
31 X 10.50 Wrangler DuraTrac Tires
Lot's of other smaller things that I'll go into detail about in a different thread

I'm looking forward to meeting others in the community and learning more about this craft and adventure!

P1050753.jpg

Cassandra

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

San Gabriel, CA, USA
First Name
Cassandra
Last Name
Delacruz
Member #

Hey everyone!

My name is Cassandra and I am so excited to connect with this huge community of overlanders and adventure enthusiasts.

I have a stock 2018 F150 XLT 3.5L Ecoboost with a full Tow and 4x4 OffRoad package. I named her Belle. :laughing: Simply from the movie Beauty and the Beast!

I live in San Gabriel, CA within the San Gabriel Valley near Pasadena, CA and Los Angeles, CA.

I am totally new to the world of OffRoading and Overlanding. I only recently began testing the waters joining Jeeps on day trips. I've pushed a few boundaries on what my truck could do and met just the right person along the way who told me about overlanding and what endless possibilities can come from it. Hope to Overland with some of you really soon!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I plan to do a more in-depth build thread, but the basic intro to my rig is as follow:
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
3.5" OME Lift
Smittybilt XRC rear bumper/tire carrier
31 X 10.50 Wrangler DuraTrac Tires
Lot's of other smaller things that I'll go into detail about in a different thread
XJ for the win!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hey everyone!

My name is Cassandra and I am so excited to connect with this huge community of overlanders and adventure enthusiasts.

I have a stock 2018 F150 XLT 3.5L Ecoboost with a full Tow and 4x4 OffRoad package. I named her Belle. :laughing: Simply from the movie Beauty and the Beast!

I live in San Gabriel, CA within the San Gabriel Valley near Pasadena, CA and Los Angeles, CA.

I am totally new to the world of OffRoading and Overlanding. I only recently began testing the waters joining Jeeps on day trips. I've pushed a few boundaries on what my truck could do and met just the right person along the way who told me about overlanding and what endless possibilities can come from it. Hope to Overland with some of you really soon!
Well hello there! Welcome from Oklahoma.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone. Brand new member.

Retired USMC Tanker. Rode on both M60A1s and M1A1s, as well as various types of HMMWVs.

Rig: Just picked up a brand new 2019 Toyota 4Runner. TRD Off-Road. Plan is to sell another vehicle and spend a couple thousand on initial mods. After that, evolution will be a gradual process.
No overlanding experience. I've taken tanks and hummers across challenging terrain, gotten both stuck, and pulled both out using vehicles and winches. And I've spent many a night on the fender of a tank and the inside of a Humvee. Overlanding sounds like fun - better camp chairs, better food, good company, and no body armor.
Welcome to Overland Bound Devil Dog

Reactions: Old Tanker

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Finally got a chance to sign-up and glad to be on board. I'm Francis in Los Angeles. I own a 2019 Toyota 4 Runner Off Road Premium. As of now, only mod are upgrade headlights (LED high and fogs, HID low beam, LED white/red interior lights), RCI skid plates, and C4 ladder. It's a slow process in purchasing due to doing more research. Next stop will be lifting and wheel/tire upgrade. The crew from Jimhajer Garage here in L.A. are giving me pointers on this part. However, I'm hoping folks here in Overland Bound can help guide me as well. Not ashame to say this but I very much a novice to this. Looking forward to challenge myself when going to UT for work and lot of off-roading will be required. Hoping to meet any Overland Bound members in that neck of the woods as well. Thanks again and will be looking forward in talking as well as meeting some of you!
Welcome, and you certainly in the right place as a novice. You'll find a lot of good info and good people willing to help you along the way. Don't be afraid to ask questions!

Longislandoverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Seaford, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Makhmaltchi
Welcome to OB and the East Region from Central NY!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @EscoTerrestrial who is your local Member Rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar.
Looking for a meetup? Check here.
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check here.
thanks for the welcome like the fj cruiser. hopefully in the future i can meet some of you guys.

Longislandoverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Seaford, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Makhmaltchi
Hey everyone! I'm new to the Overlanding scene. I decided that It was time to call it quits for the long distance Harley trips and would move on to Overlanding. My wife and I are trying to start a family and she supports the idea of a built 4Runner more than my bike. I have a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium. I haven't done much in regards to modifications yet, but have upgraded all the lights, added a couple lightbars, fog lights and I am currently looking into lift and roof rack options now. I am currently living in St. Louis Missouri but I am originally from Boise Idaho and looking to move back. I have very little experience with a full rig on the trail but have a lifetime of ATV and Dirtbike trail experience. Looking forward to learning more!

Dawson
View attachment 104250
i like the 4runner very nice!

AidanP

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Aidan
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Hello! I’m new to this community. I drive an 08 JKU with only Offroad mods and hardly anything that’s useful for camping. I got almost no knowledge on how to route an overland trip so here I am.
Also I purchased a membership and don’t have the badge yet. Do I have to wait for that to come to get access to the different abilities of the website?