Luxembourg
First Name
John
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Vehicle: 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Since family camping growing up and working in Yellowstone and Alaska in my college summers (long ago), I’ve been an outdoor enthusiast including: backpacking, hiking, outdoor landscape and wildlife photography, fishing, forest road exploration, etc. My day (and night job) takes me all over my beloved State, Arizona, and after attending local government board meetings all over the State, several years ago I started to bring my camera and hiking gear with me so I could always take the LONG way home. Now I want to go deeper in exploration with the proper gear and learn from the experienced in this forum. Looking forward to more adventures!
Hi Blaze A Trail,

Welcome among us.

teknoholic79

Rank 0

Contributor I

Glendale, CA
First Name
Francis
Last Name
Yu
Finally got a chance to sign-up and glad to be on board. I'm Francis in Los Angeles. I own a 2019 Toyota 4 Runner Off Road Premium. As of now, only mod are upgrade headlights (LED high and fogs, HID low beam, LED white/red interior lights), RCI skid plates, and C4 ladder. It's a slow process in purchasing due to doing more research. Next stop will be lifting and wheel/tire upgrade. The crew from Jimhajer Garage here in L.A. are giving me pointers on this part. However, I'm hoping folks here in Overland Bound can help guide me as well. Not ashame to say this but I very much a novice to this. Looking forward to challenge myself when going to UT for work and lot of off-roading will be required. Hoping to meet any Overland Bound members in that neck of the woods as well. Thanks again and will be looking forward in talking as well as meeting some of you!

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

1) Picture!
Below! All stock atm.

2) Location (General area is fine)
Northern California

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2019 Ram 1500 Rebel Crew Cab

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
I'm an overlanding novice. I've always loved to camp, hike, and mountain bike, and I've always owned a truck to get me there, but my focus has always been on the destination and never really on the journey itself. That's changed for me in recent years, so here I am! Very much looking forward to learning from you all and becoming an active member of this community!

View attachment 102032
Nice looking full size rig!

m00se_146

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

CT, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Musngi
Member #

What's up overlanders!
-My rigs a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
-I'm out of New England, southern CT to be exact. but frequently travel to ME and NH.
-My experience is light so far, I've really only done light trails and sight seeing.
-Currently daily driving my rig so slowly but surely
modding to a true overlander 104143

MWilliams

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Minneapolis, MN, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hi guys, I’m from Minnesota around the cities area! I just bought my rig in April as a little graduation/bday present. As a poor graduate I haven’t done much to it yet but I am so excited to get building! I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. As far as overlanding experience, I am definitely a novice but I’m here to learn and get some great ideas for my build. I love the outdoors so I can’t wait to get out there!

Attachments

Last edited:

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey everyone beginner overlander here. Not much crazy exploring on long island ny but have to start somewhere. I have a 2019 grand cherokee upland. Just purchased a few weeks ago and lifted but not outfitted as much as id like yet. View attachment 104159
Welcome to OB and the East Region from Central NY!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @EscoTerrestrial who is your local Member Rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar.
Looking for a meetup? Check here.
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check here.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mike (@Blaze A Trail ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

ICDGary713

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

SW Idaho
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Hello from wonderful SW Idaho (Boise area)!
My wife and I are expanding our horizons and currently run a '11 Xterra and a '00 TJ, and we have a homemade adventure trailer with a rooftop tent we're outfitting to our needs. Hoping to upgrade the TJ to a JKU (on the hunt for a suitable one now).
My wife (Hope) is relatively new to overlanding but I've been a vehicle adventurer since the mid '80's.

Attachments

BackwoodsRider

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Wilson, NC, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Putnam
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
Greeting everyone
Eastern North Carolina
2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5
I would consider myself a novice. I've explored Montana, Southern GA and originally from PA. I Would like to get more into overlanding and building a more prurpose built rig. Im new to the 4Runner game, but before this I had a 2000 Xterra when I lived in GA and moved to a more fuel efficient crossover an 08 Ford Edge when I moved to Montana.

2018GMC1500

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

McKinney, TX, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Yager
Member #

Hello!

New here as of today! Currently outside Dallas, Texas, new project is my 2018 GMC Sierra 1500. Beginner to overlanding but grew up Jeeping and riding dirt bikes in Colorado. Love to hear if anyone else has a GM 1500 they uses. Just took a trip to Big Bend as the first road trip / camping in the truck.
IMG_0834.jpeg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jack (@2018GMC1500 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for upcoming meet ups in the DFW area.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: 2018GMC1500

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello from wonderful SW Idaho (Boise area)!
My wife and I are expanding our horizons and currently run a '11 Xterra and a '00 TJ, and we have a homemade adventure trailer with a rooftop tent we're outfitting to our needs. Hoping to upgrade the TJ to a JKU (on the hunt for a suitable one now).
My wife (Hope) is relatively new to overlanding but I've been a vehicle adventurer since the mid '80's.
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound @ICDGary713. You can't go wrong with a XTerra or a JKU for overlanding... both have decent space and can go lots of places. Not to knock the TJ, they just have limited storage capabilities. Anyway, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Right now a good number of the members are prepping for or headed to the Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, WA [link]. But there are still others who are not attending and will, I'm sure, be happy to help you feel right at home here. You may also want to check out our Rally Point system [link], as that is where events are posted.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

HiJeffinition

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Maumee, OH, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Young
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello! I am Jeff from Maumee, Ohio. I am a little more that novice but I wouldn't say I am fully experienced. I am an Eagle Scout and have spent my whole life camping and enjoying the great outdoors. I have spent 15 days hiking in the Rockies, 10 days portaging in Northern Minnesota and everything in between. I have 2 young kids that I am starting to expose to the outdoor lifestyle and can't wait to see where that takes us. I drive a 2008 Jeep Commander that has a 2.5" lift, 32" BFG KO2s, Jeep Steel bumper with 12,000lb winch, custom rock sliders, Powertrax rear locker, lots of lights and custom storage box in the rear. One thing I have learned from being in the off-road community is that you are never done upgrading your vehicle, so I am sure I will make more changes down the road. Thanks for having me!

Attachments

ICDGary713

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

SW Idaho
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Hello and welcome to Overland Bound @ICDGary713. You can't go wrong with a XTerra or a JKU for overlanding... both have decent space and can go lots of places. Not to knock the TJ, they just have limited storage capabilities. Anyway, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Right now a good number of the members are prepping for or headed to the Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, WA [link]. But there are still others who are not attending and will, I'm sure, be happy to help you feel right at home here. You may also want to check out our Rally Point system [link], as that is where events are posted.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Jedi, thank you for the welcome and I am with you on the TJ being a little too S-M-all for bringing much other than a good attitude along- I think I've found a good JKU Rubicon candidate, just have to do my due diligence (not get emotionally attached just yet, in other words) before we pull the trigger. Either way our rigs are our daily drivers, so the TJ will go to another home and I'll start anew on the personalizing/tweaking to fit our needs process.
Looking forward to getting out more ASAP!!

Reactions: Jedi

WD40DAWSON

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Coeur D Alene, Idaho, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
Dawson
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm new to the Overlanding scene. I decided that It was time to call it quits for the long distance Harley trips and would move on to Overlanding. My wife and I are trying to start a family and she supports the idea of a built 4Runner more than my bike. I have a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium. I haven't done much in regards to modifications yet, but have upgraded all the lights, added a couple lightbars, fog lights and I am currently looking into lift and roof rack options now. I am currently living in St. Louis Missouri but I am originally from Boise Idaho and looking to move back. I have very little experience with a full rig on the trail but have a lifetime of ATV and Dirtbike trail experience. Looking forward to learning more!

Dawson
52514020_10218269780678918_7180617541415337984_n.jpg