Rank I

Enthusiast I

Keswick, Ontario
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Brunton
Hey Everyone,

Names Tyler I've been into off roading for years but got interested in overlanding watching Overland Expedition, Lifestyle Overland and Overland bound so shifted to that. Im fairly new to the Overlanding scene but love exploring and checking new things out.

Im from Keswick, Ontario, Canada and dont drive a typical scene 4x4 rig I drive a 2003 GMC Envoy. Lookforward to learning and meeting fellow overlanders here.

Reactions: Kent R and dhossk

GrayBeard-Nomad

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Portsmouth, NH, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Catizone
Member #

Just became a member after talking with Michael at Overland Expo West. Looking to connect with other overlanders from the Northeast.

Vehicle: 2019 Jeep Rubicon, stock with a Gobi Stealth rack and IKamper Skycamper 2x RTT.

Experience: Novice, but just came off a 30 day, 7,200 mile solo trip to Arizona with 29 days in the RTT at dispersed and established campgrounds.

Remainder of 2019 goal is to explore New England - NH, VT, & ME

Looking to create memories from my overlanding through photography.

CultSanguinius

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Green Bay, WI, USA
First Name
Wesley
Last Name
Weix
Member #

I'm located in Eastern Wisconsin

2017 Toyota 4Runner Trd Off Premium w/ KDSS and N-fab T1464R Nerf Bars. Otherwise currently bone stock. I have been looking into and researching some suspension and tire options at the moment.

Experience Level is novice/newbie. Have put the family, pets and some gear in the vehicle and made it into lightly wooded areas for a weekend. Always looking for more adventures to go on.

Looking forward to getting to interact within the communityIMG_20190608_083645.jpeg

Attachments

CommonDefense

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kandis
Member #

Hello Everyone,
Super excited to finally join the Community after 10+ years of wanting to get more involved.

I'm from the Austin, TX area (Georgetown)

Rig:
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (stock for now...)

Experience:
Being relatively new to Overlanding, I'll be combing the forum for knowledge and ideas. I've done plenty of car-based tent camping with friends, but have limited myself to local areas.
I love the idea of pushing further out to anywhere I can drive and accessing places that are not as commonly available.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello Everyone,
Super excited to finally join the Community after 10+ years of wanting to get more involved.

Rig:

Experience:
Being relatively new to Overlanding, I'll be combing the forum for knowledge and ideas. I've done plenty of car-based tent camping with friends, but have limited myself to local areas.
I love the idea of pushing further out to anywhere I can drive and accessing places that are not as commonly available.

View attachment 102261
Welcome!

bwilkins

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

47.348757, -122.833539
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Wilkins
Member #

Seattle, WA
1996 Land Cruiser, 2005 4Runner
My overland experience is mostly from childhood. Hunting, fishing and camping trips in a '77 GMC Sierra Camper Special RWD pickup with a canopy and 12' Livingston boat on top of it that my dad always drove around. As an Eagle Scout, I still live the Boy Scout motto to always "be prepared". I've lost touch with road trips and camping after getting into my career, but want to get my family on the road and explore again. I came across Overland Bound and it's purpose really fits my personality. Recently bought another 80 series and started work on it. Hope to see you on the road and in the outdoors. Go Cougs!View attachment 102165
Welcome !!!

Reactions: pnwcruiser

DignTRDoffRoad

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Alabama
Member #

Hello Everyone,

Rig:

Experience:

View attachment 102261
Nice, certainly have a capable vehicle, Welcome.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Seattle, WA
1996 Land Cruiser, 2005 4Runner
My overland experience is mostly from childhood. Hunting, fishing and camping trips in a '77 GMC Sierra Camper Special RWD pickup with a canopy and 12' Livingston boat on top of it that my dad always drove around. As an Eagle Scout, I still live the Boy Scout motto to always "be prepared". I've lost touch with road trips and camping after getting into my career, but want to get my family on the road and explore again. I came across Overland Bound and it's purpose really fits my personality. Recently bought another 80 series and started work on it. Hope to see you on the road and in the outdoors. Go Cougs!View attachment 102165
Welcome to Overland Bound @pnwcruiser. We're glad to have you here and that you are finding your way back to the adventure you experienced in your childhood. Your story is one that is shared by many among this group. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. If you are willing to make the drive up North, there is a monthly meetup of members in Burlington [link].

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: pnwcruiser

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Tacoma, WA
Rig - 2002 Chevy Silverado Z71
New to overlanding. I have a lot of outdoor experience.
Hi @BryanB. Welcome to the exciting, and addictive, world of overlanding. More importantly, welcome to Overland Bound. Being an experienced outdoorsman, you probably already realize what a great location you are in for access to great overlanding destinations. To add to that, there are a lot of overlanding events up here in the PNW. The best way to find out what is going on and who is in the area is to check out our Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link]. Most of our planned events are posted on the Rally Point system [link], so I always recommend keeping an eye on that as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there and meeting you in person! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

JK Moneypit

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Winston Salem, NC
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Cranfill
Member #

Hi Everybody!

New member here (18393).

Currently Afghanistan, but I live in North Carolina

Rig:
2013 JKU on 2.5" JSpec lift and 35's.

Experience:
I have some intermediate offroading experience, but I'd like to start spending more of my leave time exploring and camping with the family.

Jeep Profile.jpeg

spacejaysun

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Mejia
Member #

Hi Overland Bound, my name is Jason. I have been off roading and motorcycle riding most of my life. As I grew up I relaized being a full time "house cat" was not satisfying enough for me, I felt that I needed to be out in the world to have a better connection/understanding of life and environment we exist within. I chose to live in my vehicle fultime at age 22 so I can acheive stronger finacial stability and have more adventure in my life. I recently decided to change my overland vehicle of choice and sold my Jeep Cherokee XJ to purchace and build up a 2003 Model Range Rover Sport. The build is still in its youth but so far I am very happy I made the change. Although Rovers have their reputation, I refuse to allow that to stop me from building the vehicle to be a king of the trails. I see the Range Rover as a catalistic vehicle of its time for inovation, helping pave the way for off road enthusiasts like us. My plan is to use this stock model as a principle starting point, and upgrade/replace any components that may not be up to modern standards. I am a mechanic/engeneer at heart and in mind, so for me building a vehicle is a far more attractive decision opposed to purchasing a new one for a large sum of money. Dont get me wrong all these modern on road/off raod factory hybirds are amazing works of art and I admire them greatly. I would just prefer to spend that money on building my own machine to run with the big dogs at hopefully half the price. lol I discovered Overland Bound and several other like minded online accounts during my research and was beyond excited to see that the movment has become somthing so massive. I have also launched my own media platform in hopes to help bridge my following to communities like Overland Bound. In my free time I enjoy practicing audio engineering and music production. My goal is to be a sort of intersection from those rehlms to these, and hopefully spark as much inspiration as possible. I am a huge admirer of Michael and his team for their success and detail in their project. When I discovered this forum becoming a member and getting behind his movement was a no brainer. I look forward to getting more involved as my build pogresses, as of now I am parked so I can do some work on my projects and get ready to get back out on the road.

Safe travels,

Cheers!

52272412_536405760213560_3978773757878599680_n.jpg

Last edited:

ninjacop

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Burleson, TX, USA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Wickson
Member #

Hello everyone! New member here. Member number 18389 to be exact.

I live in the Ft. Worth side of the D/FW metroplex.

Rig:
2007 Ford F250 6.0 diesel 4x4. I leveled the front and put Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on it because I liked the look. Got a hold of some hand me down KC Hilites and mounted them to my grille guard. Otherwise, it's bone stock.

Experience:
Total newbie. Grew up camping, did bous scouts, and even went so far as a week of primitive camping with a group of friends. Loved it. But that was 25 years ago. Fast forward to now and my youngest son and I are camping again and want to get some more adventures under our belt. Our current goal is to start small and work up to BBNP next Spring Break.

Been reading a lot and researching like mad. Looking forward to getting out more.

zim87

Rank 0

Contributor I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Zim
Last Name
Lindley
Glad to be a part of the community. I've been watching OB youtube for a few years now. I have road tripped and camped for most of my life but most was never off any main roads.

Soon to be living in Columbus, GA
I have a 2006 Tacoma TRD sport
I would say I have a moderate level of experience.