Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Helland
Member #

Hello, my name is Gentaro, member #18271. I am from Southern CA but currently live in Central IA. I enjoy road trips, tent camping, fishing, exploring and just being in the great outdoors in general but new to the overland lifestyle in regards to vehicle modifications, equipment, and experience of actually being miles and miles off a paved road out in the middle of no where. One thing is for sure, I find a sense of peace when I connect with nature and the outdoors and I long for more of it. I just recently bought a 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD and have been wanting to make it more suitable for all-terrain and off-road use. I’ve been interested in overlanding knowledge for some time but never knew where to start until I learned about this community. I’d like to learn as much I can about outfitting my vehicle and equipment to ensure safe travel and reliability through my adventures into the great outdoors with my family and kids. Ready to learn and take in as much knowledge as I can. Glad to be a part of the community. ADVENTURE IS NECESSARY! View attachment 101662
Hey there fellow Iowan!

Reactions: 138.gen

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Chris (@Tinney), welcome from Oklahoma. Glad you found OB at the Expo and decided to join. What kind of rig do you have?

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hello! I'm Moses. I'm in Flagstaff, AZ.

I've been traveling around the desert and mountain Southwest US all my life. I'm happiest when I'm among the rocks. New to the forum but not new to vehicle-based exploration. I tend to aim for simple on the vehicle front.

Welcome Mosses from Bullhead City on the river.....

PM your email and I will include you in the NW AZ emails....

Jim

JeffnMar

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oregon
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound, @JeffnMar. What part of Oregon are you from? If you're in the western side of the state, you might want to hook up with @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli, as they are actively organizing frequent outings and get togethers. No matter where you are, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW. I highly recommend heading over to the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] to find out what is going on and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Molalla is where we call home :) so we live in the valley so definitely western Oregon. Thanks for the info and I look forward to syncing up with everybody ideally this summer .Thanks for the links and I’ll make sure to take a look at the north west region forum , I’m sure there’s some really good info in there.

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Molalla is where we call home :) so we live in the valley so definitely western Oregon. Thanks for the info and I look forward to syncing up with everybody ideally this summer .Thanks for the links and I’ll make sure to take a look at the north west region forum , I’m sure there’s some really good info in there.
We are a busy bunch indeed! Can’t wait to meet up with you! Several trips coming up and in talks- come help us finish the planning!

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Smith
Nice ride, hey Overlanding is what you want it to be, just being outdoors and enjoying it. Don't have to go extreme rock crawling to get to remote places. I think this is what this community is all about not so much the rig, just promoting the outdoors and being good stewards while we're at it. Welcome
Thanks man. I'm just a little partial to solid front axles and truck beds haha. This is my first time in 17 years not owning a truck :( I'm trying to navigate this while accounting for not voiding warranty due to suspension/other modifications. I haven't been stuck yet and have driven some steep and rough colorado mountain forest roads loaded down (engine did get a little hot) so far so good.

Kfrench

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
First Name
Kieran
Last Name
French
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
FL1CK
Hey everyone,

my names - Kieran
From Melbourne, Australia

I own a 93' GQ Nissan Patrol with a custom GQ chopped trailer I built from my first GQ I rolled in 2017.
I have since then had a change of pass after that incident and have moved away from tracks that are very technical and must require a winch to do them.

Currently looking for new places and people to meet within Overland Bound who may want to do the odd weekend / get away

you can find me on most social media stuff via the hashtag #kieransnappedthat

Attachments

sdmoverland

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Duluth, MN, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Moore
Member #

I'm new to this community. My name is Scott Moore. Our ride is a 2015 Outback that we have upgraded with LPAdventure; 2 Inch lift, under-plating, front guard, lighting, KO2 tires and updated fuel system (high water), racks etc. I'm disabled, so we are not walking out any time soon! This limits us to places such as remote state parks or national forests, where we know help is available, via cell, direct communication or 911 HAM. We find that one actually does not have to go very far to get off the grid and have a great time. We are minimalists; bivy bag, cook kit, wheelchair, stars, rain and sun. We are located in NE MN in the boarder country. Snow is our friend. Everyday is a gift.

Attachments

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Rogerrover here up on the flight line.
Fron the PNW in the PDX
I have been overlanding in my **@#$%$# pride and joy. A 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2.View attachment 101739

I took her in as a trade for my 1965 Plymouth Valiant/Barracuda Hemi under Glass Tribute restomod. She was a plain jane run of the mill.

After a year of chasing parts. Learning how to mount a snorkle, troubleshooting a bazzilion codes and designing and installing graphics. Adding a tepui tent and modding out the interior to live in. She now turns a few heads here and there.

The reasoning behind my graphics is to promote light to moderate overlanding. I have MS. and suffer from PTSD. Many of my fellow Veterans suffer as well. So i created msoverlanderusa.com

I have bought a lot of toys and equipment in order to be able to get others out and enjoy nature. I have been lucky enough to help a few brothers break out of thier homes and get into the fun.

Its been a couple years and i have bought a second Land Rover Discovery, a 2002.

View attachment 101741

Hopefully with the grace of god my MS stays in remission so i can continue Rogers Challenge, Adventure USA.
Welcome, @Rogerrover, to Overland Bound. It is awesome what you are doing for vets and for MS sufferers alike. Thank you for your prior and continuing service! I'm sure I don't have to tell you how great a location Portland or the rest of the PNW is for access to incredible overland adventures, but if you would like to share your experiences, get to know who is around you, and join in with others, I recommend checking in on the NorthWest Region [link] forum. If you plan to attend the Northwest Overland Rally, let us know so that we can add you to the Overland Bound [link] camping area (if you like). Generally, when we plan activities, we post them on our Rally Point System [link], so keep an eye on that for future events that might peak your interest.

I look forward to meeting you in person someday. Until then, let me know if you need anything by sending a message to me via the forums @Jedi.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello I’m Chris I live in Newport, WA I drive a 2014 4 runner. Always been it to the outdoors, new to overlanding joined to learn and meet new people.
Hi Chris and welcome to Overland Bound. You are in a great location filled with lots of energetic Overland Bound members, so meeting new people will be a breeze. In fact, @Sandpoint Steve lives just a stone's throw away from you and is always working to get activities organized in your area. If you haven't already, I recommend checking out our NorthWest Region forum [link] and getting to know who is nearby and what is going on. To see what is already planned, you should check out the Rally Point system [link] where we post details of planned activities.

I look forward to seeing you out there and meeting you in person. Until then, feel free to send me a message via the forums, @Jedi, if you need anything.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Fergineer

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

15686 Eight Mile Road, Arva, ON, Canada
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Ferguson
Member #

Nick
Rig: 2009 F150 Supercab 4x4 6.5'bed with topper & roof top tent
Overlanding experience: Novice

Attachments

overlandbros

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Josiah
Last Name
Bridges
Member #

Hi Everyone!

We're so glad to be a part of the Overland Bound community! Just joined and love everything we've seen.

My Brother and I run @overlandbros on IG and FB and love sharing our adventures and encouraging other folks to get outside!

We're based out of St Louis, MO right now and would love to meet up / hang out with any local folks.

I've got a 2007 Toyota 4Runner (mostly) blacked out with a level and 33" Duratrac's. We're loving our Tepui Roof Top Tent and can't wait to hit the road on some more overlanding trips!

John Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Luxembourg
First Name
John
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hello OBers,

My name is Alex and I am from Luxembourg, western Europe.
Depending on the needs I am driving different cars. A VW T4 syncro for camping tours, a Cherokee KJ for mudding and a Cherokee KL for daily drive and overlanding.
My 4x4 experience can truly be classified as novice though I learned pretty much since driving 4x4s/AWDs.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello I’m Chris I live in Newport, WA I drive a 2014 4 runner. Always been it to the outdoors, new to overlanding joined to learn and meet new people.
Welcome from up North (Whidbey Island)! Make sure to check the regional forums (you are in the NorthWest Region) for events and meet ups! Might also want to check the Member Map for people near you.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey everyone,

my names - Kieran
From Melbourne, Australia

I own a 93' GQ Nissan Patrol with a custom GQ chopped trailer I built from my first GQ I rolled in 2017.
I have since then had a change of pass after that incident and have moved away from tracks that are very technical and must require a winch to do them.

Currently looking for new places and people to meet within Overland Bound who may want to do the odd weekend / get away

you can find me on most social media stuff via the hashtag #kieransnappedthat
Welcome and awesome rig!