Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all.
New member here.
Name is Tom and I joined at Overland West, just got home to NC earlier this week.
Met and camped next to Dave (a fellow Overland Bound Member) and had a great time, Thanks Dave.
I live in eastern North Carolina, Rocky Mount to be exact.
My rig is a 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JLU) Sahara with GOBI Rack and Bundutec RTT.
My experience is limited, I just retired last year and decided I wanted to see and experience the USA.

View attachment 100992
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally,
Rally Southeast 2019

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the group. Located in North Texas, but some truly scenic outlooks are just a few hours away. Anyone in the North Dallas area?

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

I will be in the north DFW on Tuesday the 11th for a local meet-up. Stand by for more info still looking for a location near Frisco.

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlanders. New member 18253. Just wanted to introduce myself.
Originally from the PNW. Currently in the Florida Panhandle.
Rig: 2012 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Experience: a lot of outdoors experience, but new to Overlanding. Excited about getting the jeep built for that purpose.
Looking forward to connecting with fellow OL's in the area.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) View attachment 101166
2) Location - North East, NC
3) Rig - 1993, Toyota, Land Cruiser (RHD, 1HZ, H55F, front/rear Lockers)
4) Overlanding Experience Background - New here, but have been off-roading to campsites for years.

Overland Bound Meetups

North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

Running a 2006 LR3 in the South Central PA area. Spend most days up on the local mountains with dog. Wife and I would like to do longer trips as soon as I complete build. Anyone done TAT?

I spent 22 years in the Army so think of myself as a bit of an #overlanding wannabe champ....hahaha. Lots of living from back of vehicle and rucksack.

Looking forward to meeting/greeting/following like minded folks. Thanks!View attachment 101155View attachment 101160

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Johnnyc2003

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there. I’m new to 4x4 overland. Used to camp with a BMW 1200GSA. Just bought a 2016 Navara NP300 and want to start overlanding with it.
I am from Portugal, Lisbon so if you need anything from here, just tell me.

Your closest Regional Director is @Polaris Overland

Reactions: Barla

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ha, my name is Sam moving to Washington state in a few weeks. Love the outdoors, site seeing camping, fishing ect. Have been off road but not overlanding (I'm a novice just getting started). Looking forward to new experiences and new places. Have an F150 Supercrew, 6in lift and 35's so some trails will be tight, but plenty of room for me, the wife and our dog.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y’all new member here from North Texas. Wife and I just had our first overland trip to Big Bend in our 2018 4Runner. Can’t wait to get some more trips under our belt. View attachment 101304View attachment 101305

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm Lee from Northern California. I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, she's never been in 4 wheel drive, which makes me a total novice, I am so looking forward to the overlanding experience

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm Bill from the northern half of Georgia, USA. I don't have a rig, yet, and I'm a complete novice. Ideally I'd like to build an Aussie trayback build on a Gladiator or Power Wagon chassis but I'm very far from being able to do that.

Overland Bound Meetups

North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: dygituljunky

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! My name is Stephanie and I’m located in Bulverde, Texas. My family and I are outdoor enthusiasts and recently discovered Overlanding. Just last week we picked up the sweet girl seen in the picture. I can’t wait to discover all there is to know about the overland lifestyle and look forward to getting to know you! View attachment 101219

Overland Bound Meetups

North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: j6_est7156

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Noobie!
Rig: 2005 Porsche Cayenne S with front and central lockers
BF Goodrich Allterrain KM2
Transsyberia roof lights.
Yakima Skyrise 2 with annex
Yakima Slimshady
Goal Zero Yeti Litthium 400
Goal Zero 100 watts solar briefcase
Maxtrax
Jetboil Genesis Basecamp 2 and Jetboil Flash Java (x2)

View attachment 101345
Welcome Doc!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Ch3lland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Helland
Member #

Hi there, my name is Chris and I'm currently located in central Iowa. My SO and I will be moving to San Diego CA at the end of the month - so we are looking forward to meeting some new like-minded people once we get settled.

I've been an outdoor enthusiast since I was little, but still new to overlanding. We will be looking for a new rig in the future... Currently set up with a 2018 Hyundai Elantra that did surprisingly well on a trip to UT last fall.

Looking forward to being a part of the community, and getting ideas for our future build!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi there, my name is Chris and I'm currently located in central Iowa. My SO and I will be moving to San Diego CA at the end of the month - so we are looking forward to meeting some new like-minded people once we get settled.

I've been an outdoor enthusiast since I was little, but still new to overlanding. We will be looking for a new rig in the future... Currently set up with a 2018 Hyundai Elantra that did surprisingly well on a trip to UT last fall.

Looking forward to being a part of the community, and getting ideas for our future build!
Welcome!

Reactions: Ch3lland

REDLDRFJ

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Provenzano
Member #

Hi there -

my Name is Mike and I am located in eastern MA. I am just getting into overlanding after some significant time on the trails/rocks/mud in various wranglers. I recently picked up a 2012 FJ Cruiser TT edition and am starting to plan the build out. Always looking for advice and tips on things that work and dont work when it comes to the FJ platform.

Here is the FJ today:
FJ.JPG

mnormand

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lafayette, LA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Normand
Member #

Hello OB and members:
New member here.
Joined to find more camping outings etc. Had a variety of small campers etc, currently camping inside 4runner these days when able. Enjoy keeping things micro small and simple.
Continue to hunt, fish, camp as done for 30-40 years now.
Looking for meet ups, gatherings, etc. Looks like I joined just in time to see the Ozark gathering is this weekend..too late for me dang it ! lol