Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Tates

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Minnesota
Member #

My wife and I are looking for a nice route, if any, from Zion to Bryce. Any ideas to get off road and enjoy some of the unseen scenery? Would prefer more than just a dirt road - Always looking for a bit of a challenge.

Thanks
Tates

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
New member here. The name's Brian, and I'm in Caldwell, ID. I got into overlanding after watching expedition overland on YouTube. I've always been a camper, but never contemplated traveling every day during the process.

I'm currently (read very slowly) building out my 2004 Colorado z71 into an overlanding rig.

It's mostly stock right now, but I've recently added superskiz and am hoping to add a 4" lift by the end of the year.

Were introducing my 3 year old to camping for the first time at the end of the month, since I'd like to have the whole family go on trips in a few years.

20190223_165534.jpg

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
@reaver you are also a bit south of me. The calendar and map are great resources. Feel free to join us for the inland Northwest conference call on the 3rd Sunday of the month. Details are in the Rally Point. You can find it on the calendar.

-Sandpoint Steve

DignTRDoffRoad

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Alabama
Member #

New member here. The name's Brian, and I'm in Caldwell, ID. I got into overlanding after watching expedition overland on YouTube. I've always been a camper, but never contemplated traveling every day during the process.

I'm currently (read very slowly) building out my 2004 Colorado z71 into an overlanding rig.

It's mostly stock right now, but I've recently added superskiz and am hoping to add a 4" lift by the end of the year.

Were introducing my 3 year old to camping for the first time at the end of the month, since I'd like to have the whole family go on trips in a few years.

View attachment 101112
Welcome Brian, with folks schedules today Family time is nothing to take for granted.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
@reaver you are also a bit south of me. The calendar and map are great resources. Feel free to join us for the inland Northwest conference call on the 3rd Sunday of the month. Details are in the Rally Point. You can find it on the calendar.

-Sandpoint Steve
Never been much of a fan of conference calls (especially since I do several of them a week at work), but I might make an exception here. I appreciate the invite.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Smith
Hey guys! My name is Nick. I currently drive a pretty much stock 2018 Subaru Crosstrek. Debating on whether to build it out or find a heavier duty platform, body on frame application(SUV or truck). I also currently work for Overland Pro Shop in Colorado Springs, CO.
Here is the Crosstrek in all her unmodded glory hehe:

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnyc2003

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Waynesboro, PA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Northcott
Member #

Service Branch
US Army (Retired)
Hello all,

Running a 2006 LR3 in the South Central PA area. Spend most days up on the local mountains with dog. Wife and I would like to do longer trips as soon as I complete build. Anyone done TAT?

I spent 22 years in the Army so think of myself as a bit of an #overlanding wannabe champ....hahaha. Lots of living from back of vehicle and rucksack.

Looking forward to meeting/greeting/following like minded folks. Thanks!IMG_20190522_170140_731.jpg101160

DignTRDoffRoad

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Alabama
Member #

Hi there. I’m new to 4x4 overland. Used to camp with a BMW 1200GSA. Just bought a 2016 Navara NP300 and want to start overlanding with it.
I am from Portugal, Lisbon so if you need anything from here, just tell me.
Wow, Portugal, beautiful part of the World, look forward to seeing some of your adventures, A Big Welcome from the USA

Reactions: Barla

DignTRDoffRoad

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Alabama
Member #

Hello all,

Running a 2006 LR3 in the South Central PA area. Spend most days up on the local mountains with dog. Wife and I would like to do longer trips as soon as I complete build. Anyone done TAT?

I spent 22 years in the Army so think of myself as a bit of an #overlanding wannabe champ....hahaha. Lots of living from back of vehicle and rucksack.

Looking forward to meeting/greeting/following like minded folks. Thanks!View attachment 101155View attachment 101160
Wow, nice rig and thank you for your 22yrs of service, Ahh, I think you could teach a few of us a thing or two about Overlanding with that many yrs in the service under your belt , Welcome

Reactions: Johnnyc2003

DignTRDoffRoad

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Alabama
Member #

Hey guys! My name is Nick. I currently drive a pretty much stock 2018 Subaru Crosstrek. Debating on whether to build it out or find a heavier duty platform, body on frame application(SUV or truck). I also currently work for Overland Pro Shop in Colorado Springs, CO. We sell accessories and gear catered to the Overlanding community(RTTs, recovery gear, rack systems, bumpers, winches, etc) Our website is www.overlandproshop.com

Here is the Crosstrek in all her unmodded glory hehe:

Nice ride, hey Overlanding is what you want it to be, just being outdoors and enjoying it. Don't have to go extreme rock crawling to get to remote places. I think this is what this community is all about not so much the rig, just promoting the outdoors and being good stewards while we're at it. Welcome