Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
@nparker72, if you're in/around Rushmore, add the crazy horse memorial to your tour. It's in progress, so when you're old and take your kids there, you can tell them you saw it while it was still being shaped. Very worthwhile.

Reactions: nparker72

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

It's in progress, so when you're old and take your kids there, you can tell them you saw it while it was still being shaped.
It was a neat place to visit. Less tacky than I expected. But I don't think my grandkids will live long enough to see it finished. 50+ years so far, and it is about 15% done.

nparker72

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Akron, Ohio
Member #

@nparker72, if you're in/around Rushmore, add the crazy horse memorial to your tour. It's in progress, so when you're old and take your kids there, you can tell them you saw it while it was still being shaped. Very worthwhile.
will do! thank you for the Idea, I will be posting a Prep Thread of my truck cap roof rack build and other things I am going to do. along with planning the trip. any more places you suggest just PM Ill save them for later!

Jingusflob

Rank 0

Contributor I

IMG_0620.JPG image.jpeg

Hey Everyone -

My name is Joe Toup. I'm a very close friend of one of your members, Mason North @mmnorthdirections . I used to live in California many years ago. Had a Jeep when I was there and did some four wheeling in a 4x4 club. Moved to Alaska and lost interest in 4x4'ing...if you can imagine that. I've long since sold the Jeep. Now I live in Georgia. I recently got re-interested in 4x4'ing and found myself a little 1988.5 Suzuki Samurai. Been working on it since the day I got it to make it trail capable. Still building it up. Also not sure if it's Overlandbound worthy, but Mason got my curiosity perked when i was out in California last week visiting. So here I am.

I go by Jingusflob, JT, Jubee, Joe, or just about anything. Just don't call me a Yankee.

I'm curious, am I the only person in the South? Seems like most folks in this group are out West. Not sure how much Overlanding happens down in Georgia. I may have to commute...

Last edited by a moderator:

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
@Jingusflob Welcome friend/brother from another, glad you made it! All the journey's ahead will be amazing. Look at Moab Ut, it's only 1700mi or 26hrs. Or how about Baja. We should plan on a trip soon!!!!! Or you can fly back and go to off the grid at the end of Sep.
Overlanding is like a Kinder egg, a different surprise in every journey (a gift).
When you have time checkout this thread, http://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/who-planted-the-seed-for-you-to-be-an-overlander-pic-stories.1850/ and OB on youtube.
Talk later!!!!
P.S. you still need to drive the FJ!!!!

Reactions: PhilipMFun

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

found myself a little 1988.5 Suzuki Samurai. Been working on it since the day I got it to make it trail capable. Still building it up. Also not sure if it's Overlandbound worthy
Absolutely! That's the first tenant of Overland Bound; any vehicle can get you out exploring, all you have to do is go! Welcome aboard!

Truck mechanic

Rank III

Advocate II

Hi all, I'm Paul from Ma. I have been traving by pick up most of my life, my folks started me young and love to travel. My favorite saying is " lets go places and eat things" lol. lets face it a good meal is part of the fun. My ride is a 72 IH Scout, Ive had her over 13 years and is a project I don't think I will ever truly be done with. I also have a support trailer that started life as a Boston Edison cable trailer, now it halls my junk when I'm going out for longer then a weekend.
Great website, looking forward to spending some time here.
Paul

r2fasani

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ripon, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Fasani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZQ
Hi Everyone,
I'm Rob from the Central Valley in CA. A long time ago, I had a '78 FJ40. Unfortunately, I had to sell it when I went overseas. I recently purchased a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock (say that five times fast). The purpose is to use the Jeep to get out and explore more. I am definitely a novice at this point, but am a quick study! Like many, I found the site and the forum by way of the Overland Bound YouTube channel. I hope to see you all out on the trails!
Best,
Rob

Clint1911

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kentucky
First Name
Clint
Last Name
Diven
Member #

Hello Everyone. My name is Clint.

Rig: I have two a '98 Jeep Wrangler & a '14 Ford F-350

Experience: Novice

I have been in more of the off-roading, 4wheeling Arena. Which my jeep is set up for. I'm wanting to get more in to the overlanding side. Thinking about selling the jeep and making my truck the overlander.

Brandt

Rank I

Contributor III

Just found this forum and glad I did.

I live in Bay Area, NorCal but travel the west and spend a lot of time in Southwest Montana. We have a '97 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 that has quite a few mods but nothing too radical. - OME suspension, factory lockers, HitchGate rear tire and gear rack, and a bunch of other minor upgrades. We are new to overlanding but have spent quite a bit of time exploring the Rocky Mountains in Montana. Lots of great trails to drive and see some amazing scenery. My wife isn't too keen on camping in grizzly bear country so we tend to do more long day trips - there are a lot of griz where we explore so I get the concern.

Look forward to learning more from the forum.