First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello all

My current rig is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I’m moderately experienced. I’m locating Brownsville, California.

I love finding new trails and meeting fellow off-readers.

View attachment 100253View attachment 100254
Hello all

My current rig is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I’m moderately experienced. I’m locating Brownsville, California.

I love finding new trails and meeting fellow off-readers.

View attachment 100253View attachment 100254
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hey Folks...

Just north of Austin Texas. Round Rock area.

We have just about finished the remod on our 80 Series Land Cruiser. Pretty well equipped inside / out... plan to do a lot of x-country and overlanding with my wife... and kids when they can make it.

Looks like a good group... interested in gaining as much info. / learning as we can... New to this world, but we're pretty invested at this point... :)

Kelly & Cherie

WOW! What a nice rig, dude I am a jeep guy, well was, heck now I am not sure, I love your rig....Your f'n with my jeep head....LOL Seriously, I like it. What are the cases that slide out? Got a link to them?

Oh and welcome! (sorry got all rig happy)

Jim

Smith_AVDN_FAM

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Charlotte
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hey Kent. Welcome. I live in Charlotte as well. I have a GX470 that we are building out. Let me know if you want to meet up and head to Uwharrie

Kelly_Cherie

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Gerry
Member #

WOW! What a nice rig, dude I am a jeep guy, well was, heck now I am not sure, I love your rig....Your f'n with my jeep head....LOL Seriously, I like it. What are the cases that slide out? Got a link to them?

Oh and welcome! (sorry got all rig happy)

Jim
Lol... no problem... I probably have way to much into it to make sense... methinks Diesel engine will be next...

Drawers are Front Runner... along with ALOT of the other accessories (Rack / RTT / Water tank / other misc. stuff)... Saw their stuff at SEMA last year and like the quality and look... :)

James77

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Buffalo, MN, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
buley
Member #

Hi all.

I've been a member for a bit but first time on forum.. Rig is a 2018 4runner. Love the outdoors, some off road experience but new to overlanding. Looks like a cool community here, excited to join in on trail rides, meet ups etc. located in MN.

Reactions: Kent R

B_ebner

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lake Stevens, WA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Ebner
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
My name is Brad I live in the PNW I drive a 17 Tacoma. I’m a new member just looking to get out and explore this beautiful state and meet new people.

Attachments

nichenke

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Westminster, CO
First Name
Nic
Last Name
Henke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0SJG
Hello! Long time listener, first-time caller. Joined up at Expo West '19 booth. 2016 4Runner, loving Colorado.

BogusOverlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
CaseyAndAshley
Last Name
Bogue
Member #

Hello Everyone!

I'm Ashley. My husband Casey and our daughter Alice are new to the Overlanding community. We have been watching videos for several years now but due to having a new baby have been unable to really get out there and participate until now.

We are located in the East Bay of California and are excited to get out there and meet new people and see beautiful places.

We have 2 semi-capable vehicles but are in the process of either getting new to us vehicles or outfitting what we have to be more capable. I drive a 2015 Jeep Cherokee and my husband has a 1998 Toyota Tacoma.

KLillie

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Lillie
Member #

Hello. I just joined
I have an 03 Tacoma with a utility shell
I live in Tucson AZ
As for overlanding experience, I do a lot of off road driving, but I want to do more long distance trips with my wife (Mojave rd. Dalton Hwy. etc....) I work for the US forest service so I get paid to drive around in the woods.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. I just joined
I have an 03 Tacoma with a utility shell
I live in Tucson AZ
As for overlanding experience, I do a lot of off road driving, but I want to do more long distance trips with my wife (Mojave rd. Dalton Hwy. etc....) I work for the US forest service so I get paid to drive around in the woods.

View attachment 100333View attachment 100334

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director @brien is in Tuscon also and has an active meet-up once a month, you can message him on the forum for more info.

Reactions: KLillie

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

I'm Ashley. My husband Casey and our daughter Alice are new to the Overlanding community. We have been watching videos for several years now but due to having a new baby have been unable to really get out there and participate until now.

We are located in the East Bay of California and are excited to get out there and meet new people and see beautiful places.

We have 2 semi-capable vehicles but are in the process of either getting new to us vehicles or outfitting what we have to be more capable. I drive a 2015 Jeep Cherokee and my husband has a 1998 Toyota Tacoma.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
new guy here living in the wht mtns of az snowflake area. here's to seeing people on the trails

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! Long time listener, first-time caller. Joined up at Expo West '19 booth. 2016 4Runner, loving Colorado.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally,
Rally Southeast 2019

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: nichenke

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Bob. I drive a 2007 FJ Cruiser, I have watched and enjoyed many of the YouTube videos. I liked the core concepts and decided to join.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Brad I live in the PNW I drive a 17 Tacoma. I’m a new member just looking to get out and explore this beautiful state and meet new people.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all.

I've been a member for a bit but first time on forum.. Rig is a 2018 4runner. Love the outdoors, some off road experience but new to overlanding. Looks like a cool community here, excited to join in on trail rides, meet ups etc. located in MN.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!