Rank 0

Contributor I

Cary, NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Walenty
Rig: 2017 Wrangler - Big Bear Edition
Experience: Novice to Overlanding but love camping with my wife and 4 month old son and hitting the trails in Uwharrie whenever I get a chance. I am just starting the research phase of building an overland trailer that my family and I can enjoy.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello all. We are new to Overland Bound, but not new to off road travel of in all conditions. From the snowy midwest winters, the deserts of Kuwait and Iraq, adventures touring the alps and Italian countryside to the beautiful southwest U.S. Life’s been an adventure.

Currently based in Southern California commanding a fully armored 2016 Jeep JKUR on 3.5 and 35’s Traditionally rock crawlers, with the addition of our little girl last year, we’re opting for more Overland adventures. Standing by for the arrival of our X1H... and many adventures ahead.

Pleasure to be here.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested great group of people. https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. West US - Reoccurring - Orange County Overland Bound Monthly Meet-up - 12/01/2018

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @FrankRoams, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Traveler I

Hey everybody! My name is Bridget and my husband and I live in central Florida.

We have a 2000 Lexus LX470 with a Tepui RTT. We are just beginning our overland adventures, but are coming up on a decent trip from central Florida to western New York. We are planning two stops along the way. My husband, Andy, is in charge of the rig and our stops along the way. As the cook in the family I'm working on meals and snacks for the 3 day journey. I'm excited to share our adventures with all you lovely people. Food is huge part of my life and I can't wait to come up with a bunch of overland friendly meals. See you all out on the open road!

Attachments

t3mp3r3dRN28

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Yuba City, CA, USA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
DeMarino
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
TemprdRN
Service Branch
USMC, RN
Hi, I'm Kris, an RN in Yuba City...near Sacramento. I own a 2017 Wrangler Sport Unlimited, and am a beginner. I love my Jeep, I love outdoors, and I love to play. My bestie is an Overlander, and she got me started in this group...and I brought my boyfriend. We look forward to meeting fellow OB members!

Attachments

FFJOORD

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tierra Amarilla, NM
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Carrillo
Member #

Hello,

New to the overland community, I enjoy the out doors and love protecting our natural resources. Not sure what my experience level is....I’ve spent many nights sleeping under the stars, and in cold/heat /rain, ect. I spend a great deal of time off road, and want to do that more. ive never really labeled any of that over landing, of course back when I spent the most time under the stars it was via some trusty old boots and wasn’t necessarily vehicle dependent although many times I wish it was, just an old ground pounder. Anyway I’m looking forward to getting my family more connected with nature. I drive an old f-150 ‘05 that just turned 190k that I’ll be looking to build on a budget to accommodate my wife, 3 kiddos and me.
Copy that. I'm an old engine slug still trying to maintain. Love our forests and appreciate anyone who understands what proper management looks like.

Reactions: Tray

Tattoo9483

Rank 0

Contributor I

Thibodaux, LA, USA
First Name
Terence
Last Name
Boudreaux
Member #

Hello,
Terence here, life long nickname is Tattoo. Just recently stumbled upon overlanding videos on YouTube and I'm extremely interested in getting my family out into nature. I did some camping and hunting growing up but haven't done much of anything but work the last 18 years.

Current vehicle is a 2015 Ram 2500 with some performance mods and running on 35x12.50 Toyo MT's

Live in Southeast Louisiana

Basically ignorant to overlanding

Attachments

GooseWSO

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Tucson, Arizona, United States
First Name
Kat
Last Name
Wyble
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

Hello,
My name is Kat and I’m brand new to Overland. I have a stock 2012 Tacoma TRD Off-Road. I live in the Antelope Valley (Desert near Palmdale) of SoCal. I love adventures and camping. I look forward to meeting people in this great community and learning more about Overland.
Any tips or advice of vehicle upgrades would be helpful. I’m not sure if to upgrade current Taco or just purchase a newer Taco. See you on the trails!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
View attachment 100067

Hello,
My name is Kat and I’m brand new to Overland. I have a stock 2012 Tacoma TRD Off-Road. I live in the Antelope Valley (Desert near Palmdale) of SoCal. I love adventures and camping. I look forward to meeting people in this great community and learning more about Overland.
Any tips or advice of vehicle upgrades would be helpful. I’m not sure if to upgrade current Taco or just purchase a newer Taco. See you on the trails!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message me,your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi, I'm Kris, an RN in Yuba City...near Sacramento. I own a 2017 Wrangler Sport Unlimited, and am a beginner. I love my Jeep, I love outdoors, and I love to play. My bestie is an Overlander, and she got me started in this group...and I brought my boyfriend. We look forward to meeting fellow OB members!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message me,your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

OverlandWith.Us

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Pahrump, NV, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7TGL
Greetings, as I post this intro my wife & I have been full time RV lifers since fall of 2011 and in our two-van-convoy since retirement in fall of 2018. We call Pahrump Nevada our home though we are typically only there March/April & September/October with travels through the SW states filling up the balance of a given year.

Our daily driver, resupply, and adventure van is a highly moded 2010 Chevy AWD Express conversion that I usually drive in the lead when both vans are on the road between camps. The other is a 2017 Promaster 2500 HR 159wb conversion we call “home” while out on a typical ~4 month long adventure twice a year.

We recently visited the 2019 Overland Expo and are in the planning phase of our next adventure rig that will replace the PM in a couple seasons, current thoughts are a Hallmark our Outfitter pop up truck camper.

Happy Trails and hope to meet some of you along the adventure.

Thom

Attachments

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Greetings, as I post this intro my wife & I have been full time RV lifers since fall of 2011 and in our two-van-convoy since retirement in fall of 2018. We call Pahrump Nevada our home though we are typically only there March/April & September/October with travels through the SW states filling up the balance of a given year.

Our daily driver, resupply, and adventure van is a highly moded 2010 Chevy AWD Express conversion that I usually drive in the lead when both vans are on the road between camps. The other is a 2017 Promaster 2500 HR 159wb conversion we call “home” while out on a typical ~4 month long adventure twice a year.

We recently visited the 2019 Overland Expo and are in the planning phase of our next adventure rig that will replace the PM in a couple seasons, current thoughts are a Hallmark our Outfitter pop up truck camper.

Happy Trails and hope to meet some of you along the adventure.

Thom

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @HappyOurOverlanding, or me, your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Contributor II

Ladysmith BC
First Name
Darrin
Last Name
Pritchett
'newbie' from Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

rebuilding a 2001 grand cherokee, as the new family mover/bad weather/exploration camping vehicle. (so I can trade the minivan in for a Challenger LOL )

plans for the jeep are a mild lift (3inch ish) ... 30-31 inch tires ... integrated storage for tools/supplies for 3 people for 3 days if needed, WITHOUT removing day to day cargo capabilities (ie no big storage box setup at the lift gate) and little to nothing on the outside

The wifey and kiddo have lots of interest in exploring and camping, their only requirement is an actual toilet (and I was distinctly told a padded bucket doesn't count haha ) .. So I will also be building my own camping trailer with similar (if not a little more) ground clearance as the jeep, that can sustain 3-4 people for 7 days on it's own if needed .. cross of a teardrop/pop up tent trailer ... hopefully under 1000lbs loaded .. (1200 lbs max) ... so the upcoming Challenger can tow it too for short weekend excursions

this will be done with alot of aluminum ...so won't be cheap ... but still cheaper then the closest thing I can find premade that gets close to my requirements

trailer will have toilet that can be accessed without having to pop or set up the trailer ... also same with a pull out kitchen that can be accessed either inside or outside

Kelly_Cherie

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Gerry
Member #

Hey Folks...

Just north of Austin Texas. Round Rock area.

We have just about finished the remod on our 80 Series Land Cruiser. Pretty well equipped inside / out... plan to do a lot of x-country and overlanding with my wife... and kids when they can make it.

Looks like a good group... interested in gaining as much info. / learning as we can... New to this world, but we're pretty invested at this point... :)

Kelly & Cherie

Attachments

MAP Overland Adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, Texas, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Alvarez
Member #

Hey Folks...

Just north of Austin Texas. Round Rock area.

We have just about finished the remod on our 80 Series Land Cruiser. Pretty well equipped inside / out... plan to do a lot of x-country and overlanding with my wife... and kids when they can make it.

Looks like a good group... interested in gaining as much info. / learning as we can... New to this world, but we're pretty invested at this point... :)

Kelly & Cherie
Nice rig. What kind of bumpers (front and back) did you go with?

Left_unsupervised

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Brownsville,ca
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Barney
Member #

I glad you brought me lol