First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hello Overland Bound,

My name is Chris, I have been wheeling off and on for the last ten years or so, nothing very hardcore. North Idaho is my home base.

My current ride is a ‘06 Toyota Tundra double cab. View attachment 99845
Welcome Chris @Selkirk_overland .
We do a monthly conference call every 3rd Sunday of the month at 7:30pm. And as you know the snow is finally getting out of the way so we can get out on the trails up here. Check out the calendar for details and the resource map.

-Sandpoint Steve

Reactions: Selkirk_overland

LD5050

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Texas, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Hello everyone, Neil here from East Texas. I’ve always been more comfortable in the outdoors, and have enjoyed camping since I was a Cub Scout haha. My wife and I used a truck tent back in the mid-2000’s but drifted away from camping in the past decade or so. Now that we are brand new Empty Nesters, we plan on building a substantial overland rig and getting out to explore as much as we can. This site has been invaluable during our R&D stage, and I’m sure I’ve on,y scratched the surface :smile:

dbparkerx2

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BHS
Hello all!

Just joined up while at Overland Expo West last weekend and glad to be part of this community. A few things about me:

• I live and work in Phoenix, AZ
  • I drive a 2016 4Runner SR5 Premium that is lightly modified at this point. Suspension lift, bigger tires, rock sliders, slimline bumper with winch and lights.
  • As a kid my Dad took us all throughout the Az back country but didn't truly appreciate it until many years later. So I do have experience but would consider myself an overland newbie at this point
I look forward to learning and exploring!

Selkirk_overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Spirit Lake, ID, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Welcome Chris @Selkirk_overland .
We do a monthly conference call every 3rd Sunday of the month at 7:30pm. And as you know the snow is finally getting out of the way so we can get out on the trails up here. Check out the calendar for details and the resource map.

-Sandpoint Steve
Thanks for the heads up. I grew up in the Sandpoint area.

Z714XPLOR

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast II

Orange County, California
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
Vazquez
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
My name is Jorge.
Reside in Orange County, California.
Joined Overland Bound at Overland Expo West 2019.
Glad to meet you at the Expo, Lifestyle Overland. You were so gracious with your time. Wish you the best!
I am new to overlanding and off road. Like to camp and hike, but want to further enrich outdoor experiences with overlanding.
2017 Silverado 1500 4X4
IMG_2132.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

Ram & Runner

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

El Paso, TX, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Good morning all, my name is Adam. My wife Rachel and I joined at Overland Expo West a week ago. We reside in El Paso, TX. I am in a 2018 Ram 2500 CTD and my wife is in a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad. We are excited to be a part of the group, cheers!

sfarache

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Sergio
Last Name
Farache
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
HI,

My name is Sergio and I am located in Miami close to Aventura, FL. I

Starting on rock crawling and exploring new things (Novice), I don't have to much time available but I enjoy the weekends and vacations when I can.

Happy to join.
Thanks.

OTG_one

Rank V

Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Hey folks,

My name is Ben and I live in Northern California (Marin County, SF Bay Area). Since I'm wrapping up my MBA, I'm hoping to get out a lot more this summer, especially since our 4yo is all in with camping + exploring! Plans for this year include: Mendocino National Forest, Big Sur/Los Padres NF, Tahoe + Plumas NF, Lost Coast (part 2), and perhaps Redwood Nat'l Park.
The current rig is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 (wife made me get it for the 3rd row we never use!), 3" lift, ARB suspension, Tepui Kukenam Tent. While I've done some casual overlanding the past, I'm really hoping to take it to the next level (still consider myself a novice). Oh yah, and I love mountain biking (hence the 1up rack on the back).

Bilbo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MBN
Hey folks, joining the group from the Portland area. I am getting ready to take my Tundra on the WABDR and then explore parts of Oregon this summer. I'd be interested in joining up with a few folks. Let me know!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!
Stop by and say hello.
Hello All,
I love the outdoors have lived all over the USA but Wyoming is home and being here in the city drives me crazy. I spent 8 years in the Army, 4 years as Infantryman and 4 as a Medic. I have been on 6 of the 7 continents. I spent two years traveling through South East Asia and want to see what's here in the US.
My overlanding buddy is my wife and she loves the outdoors as well.
I get out to be part of nature and remove myself from the drain of what most call life.
I have 18 Jeep wrangler jk 4 inch lift 35 tires Smitty build rooftop tent and adding to it as I get the funds....View attachment 99837
Welcome! There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. West US - Reoccurring - Orange County Overland Bound Monthly Meet-up - 12/01/2018

If you have any questions message me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hey folks,

My name is Ben and I live in Northern California (Marin County, SF Bay Area). Since I'm wrapping up my MBA, I'm hoping to get out a lot more this summer, especially since our 4yo is all in with camping + exploring! Plans for this year include: Mendocino National Forest, Big Sur/Los Padres NF, Tahoe + Plumas NF, Lost Coast (part 2), and perhaps Redwood Nat'l Park.
The current rig is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 (wife made me get it for the 3rd row we never use!), 3" lift, ARB suspension, Tepui Kukenam Tent. While I've done some casual overlanding the past, I'm really hoping to take it to the next level (still consider myself a novice). Oh yah, and I love mountain biking (hence the 1up rack on the back).

View attachment 99884

View attachment 99885
Welcome!
What is that on the back of your rig, off the rear hitch?
Nice rig!

Jim

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi Folks,

I am Ryan from Big Bear Lake, CA. I drive a 2016 Ford F150 that features a number of overland related products. Love hitting trails all over the U.S. and eager to help in any way I can.

Thanks!
Welcome! Let me know if you need trail info for BB, I might know someone that knows her way around :)

Reactions: Ryan_Truck_Brigade

EricaH

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Portland, Oregon
First Name
Erica
Last Name
Hann
Member #

Hi! My husband John and I are no strangers to the group’s definition of overlanding, choosing road trips for most of our travels. We recently took the plunge, bought a more rugged yet comfortable vehicle, and are cruising North America for the next year.

To answer the “About Me” questions,
1) Photo: attached
2) Location: everywhere and nowhere (but home is Portland, Oregon)
3) Rig: 2016 Tiger Bengal TX on a Chevy Silverado 3500
4) Overlanding Experience: Novice (no real off-road experience)

Looking forward to being a part of the group!

Attachments

MetalMatt1776

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lexington, OK, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Linthicum
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm Matt. I suppose I've been over landing most of my life, but never really thought of it that way. I routinely get off grid for a couple days at time in my 2002 F250 be it for hunting, fishing or just for fun. I don't try to tackle anything too crazy due to the sheer size of my rig, but I do enjoy getting real use out of my truck and having a good time while doing it.

Attachments

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
My name is Lisa
Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma
Experience: Novice ... camper, off roading, hiker mainly - very interested in overlanding
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @HappyOurOverlanding, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all. New member here from Cincinnati, Ohio area. I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500. Love camping and love all of the overland content. Have done some minimal mods and additions to the Silverado: Leveling kit, BFG K02s, tinting, and bed cover. Looking forward to further mods!
Welcome to Overland Bound

SixOverland

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Riverside, CA, USA
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WD6IQX
Service Branch
Army [ABN] 01-05
Hello all. We are new to Overland Bound, but not new to off road travel of in all conditions. From the snowy midwest winters, the deserts of Kuwait and Iraq, adventures touring the alps and Italian countryside to the beautiful southwest U.S. Life’s been an adventure.

Currently based in Southern California commanding a fully armored 2016 Jeep JKUR on 3.5 and 35’s Traditionally rock crawlers, with the addition of our little girl last year, we’re opting for more Overland adventures. Standing by for the arrival of our X1H... and many adventures ahead.

Pleasure to be here.