Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Rebelliousmustacio

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hello, my name is Ray. I am in the Fresno, California area. My rig is a 2019 ram rebel. (One part said to post that but another said it's not important ‍♂) I am a novice who decided I would deep dive into this lifestyle about a year ago. I spent a long time shopping for the right vehicle and putting it together. My first trip with it is in a week. I am very excited. I am a very social person who would live to meet some people, share a beverage and explore the world. I hope I get the chance too meet some of you. 20190414_112216.jpg20190522_112957.jpg20190414_115615.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hello all!

New member from Denver, CO. My name is Will and I current vehicle of choice is a 1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 with a fair amount of mods.

My wife, dogs and I are routinely out and exploring in CO and hoping to expand to WY and NM this year.

View attachment 99569
Well Blimey your another Blok. Lanlubber here from New Mexico. Looks like your ready for the road. Did you build the rig yourself or was it already rigged by someone else ? I can see you have the front bumper-winch mod., the rock guards and rear bumper. Do you have it lifted any and what size tires (look like 285's)are you running ? Do you have wheel spacers or is it the steel wheels with an offset that make it look that way. I'd be happy if I could get my stock 2000 LRD2 looking as good as yours. Have you had any 3 amigo problems yet ? Did you add the inline 180 degree thermostat for better cooling ? Well welcome to the OBC, and the forum. I'm sure you will be an asset to the group as there are other Discoveries and various Land Rovers in the Group.

denverdisco2

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO
First Name
Will
Last Name
Howard
Well Blimey your another Blok. Lanlubber here from New Mexico. Looks like your ready for the road. Did you build the rig yourself or was it already rigged by someone else ? I can see you have the front bumper-winch mod., the rock guards and rear bumper. Do you have it lifted any and what size tires (look like 285's)are you running ? Do you have wheel spacers or is it the steel wheels with an offset that make it look that way. I'd be happy if I could get my stock 2000 LRD2 looking as good as yours. Have you had any 3 amigo problems yet ? Did you add the inline 180 degree thermostat for better cooling ? Well welcome to the OBC, and the forum. I'm sure you will be an asset to the group as there are other Discoveries and various Land Rovers in the Group.
I can't take credit for most of the work. I purchased the vehicle with a 3" OME lift (it's old and tired so it's far from 3"), the bumpers/sliders and diff guards. I am running 285/75/16 general grabber x3s with no spacers. I jumped up to the 285s perhaps a little prematurely which has led me to trim the front fenders and massage the rears some to eliminate rubbing. I think with a refreshed suspension I would have been okay. I have cleaned up a ton of wiring from previous owner as well as add an Ashcroft rear air locker to go along with the factory CDL, heavy duty steering components from terrafirma as well as extended stainless steel brake lines. I have the 3 amigos on pretty much full time currently and just haven't had time to find someone with a code reader so I can see what my root cause is before throwing money at the issue. I love the look of the ARB bumper but I'm not a huge fan of the approach angle with it, obviously better than stock bumper but it still leaves the winch super low and room for improvement. It also has a decent amount of flex to it. and of course the usual fluid seepage haha it wouldn't be an older Landy unless it marked it's territory every time it's parked!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hello, my name is Ray. I am in the Fresno, California area. My rig is a 2019 ram rebel. (One part said to post that but another said it's not important ‍♂) I am a novice who decided I would deep dive into this lifestyle about a year ago. I spent a long time shopping for the right vehicle and putting it together. My first trip with it is in a week. I am very excited. I am a very social person who would live to meet some people, share a beverage and explore the world. I hope I get the chance too meet some of you. View attachment 99579View attachment 99580View attachment 99581
Welcome, we all like to know and see what rig you drive. It can be anything or any age, we don't care. From your pictures I would say your ready for any path anywhere. That tail gate table is an awesome feature I have not seen before. Did you dream that up yourself ? Every rig has it's own advantages for uniqueness. I like the look of your running board rock sliders ? but wonder how they will affect your ability to maneuver through a rocky terrane without hanging up on rocks instead of sliding past them. Do you have a wife and children that will join with you on your first trip ? Cheers and Tallyho
I can't take credit for most of the work. I purchased the vehicle with a 3" OME lift (it's old and tired so it's far from 3"), the bumpers/sliders and diff guards. I am running 285/75/16 general grabber x3s with no spacers. I jumped up to the 285s perhaps a little prematurely which has led me to trim the front fenders and massage the rears some to eliminate rubbing. I think with a refreshed suspension I would have been okay. I have cleaned up a ton of wiring from previous owner as well as add an Ashcroft rear air locker to go along with the factory CDL, heavy duty steering components from terrafirma as well as extended stainless steel brake lines. I have the 3 amigos on pretty much full time currently and just haven't had time to find someone with a code reader so I can see what my root cause is before throwing money at the issue. I love the look of the ARB bumper but I'm not a huge fan of the approach angle with it, obviously better than stock bumper but it still leaves the winch super low and room for improvement. It also has a decent amount of flex to it. and of course the usual fluid seepage haha it wouldn't be an older Landy unless it marked it's territory every time it's parked!
I have on order the heavy duty 3" lift kit from Lucky8. It comes with new 3" longer shocks and brake lines. I don't think the OME unit is heavy duty grade and may be the cause of your lower stance. I like the older body style because of the no plastic wheel wells. On my model when you remove the plastic flares the wheel well openings look crappy. My 3 amigo lights are on too. The man I bought it from said he hasn't been affected by it for 10,000 miles of driving. He said (?) he had it checked by a dealer and it was okay to drive. The only leaks I have is a small return line power steering leak and one right side valve cover gasket leaks very slightly. I just haven't had time to repair them and having a few health problems has a little to do with it as well. My LRD2 is a 2000 model with 101,000 miles. I am the third owner, the owner before me bought it in 2003 and only road miled it for 15 years. It was babied and garage kept but did get some plastic hail damage a few years ago. Nothing I would try to correct though. BTY one of my son's lives in Colorado City and just completed a $15,000 rebuild of his 1996 Chey suburban for his OB ventures. He has a large family so he need a big one. I will meet him in July 3rd for a camp out @ John Martin Reservoir in the Colorado National Forest for a few days. If your up in that neighborhood drop in. I will be in my White Ford Escape pulling a 13" Scamper travel trailer. His rig is two tone black and tan. Picture enclosed here.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hello, my name is Ray. I am in the Fresno, California area. My rig is a 2019 ram rebel. (One part said to post that but another said it's not important ‍♂) I am a novice who decided I would deep dive into this lifestyle about a year ago. I spent a long time shopping for the right vehicle and putting it together. My first trip with it is in a week. I am very excited. I am a very social person who would live to meet some people, share a beverage and explore the world. I hope I get the chance too meet some of you. View attachment 99579View attachment 99580View attachment 99581
Hello, tried to message you earlier but the web site had errors. Will comment later if this goes through. Love that tail gate. Did you dream that up yourself. Terrific idea.

Rebelliousmustacio

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

The tailgate was designed by me but had some friends help fabricate it. It needs some adjustments but will work for the upcoming trip. I am taking the steps off the truck for the upcoming trip. They would make it really hard to navigate a lot of trails I would imagine. I do have a family but they will not be joining me on this first trip. Some buddies of mine are joining me.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The tailgate was designed by me but had some friends help fabricate it. It needs some adjustments but will work for the upcoming trip. I am taking the steps off the truck for the upcoming trip. They would make it really hard to navigate a lot of trails I would imagine. I do have a family but they will not be joining me on this first trip. Some buddies of mine are joining me.
I was wondering about the steps. I tried to ask you about them on my first message that wouldn't go out. I really really like your table tailgate design and think you ought to Patten the idea if there is not one already on the market place. That's what I like about this web site, there are a lot of really smart people and they experiment a lot with their rigs. Keep up the good ideas, maybe you'll become a millionaire.

Rebelliousmustacio

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

I was wondering about the steps. I tried to ask you about them on my first message that wouldn't go out. I really really like your table tailgate design and think you ought to Patten the idea if there is not one already on the market place. That's what I like about this web site, there are a lot of really smart people and they experiment a lot with their rigs. Keep up the good ideas, maybe you'll become a millionaire.
I appreciate it. I have started working on it. Hopefully something will come from it. The steps are nice for pavement or dirt roads not off roading forsure. Quality seems good so far. Had them since Jan this year

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I appreciate it. I have started working on it. Hopefully something will come from it. The steps are nice for pavement or dirt roads not off roading forsure. Quality seems good so far. Had them since Jan this year
Being a designer I can see some very interesting variations to it with folding legs and leaving the whole thing left in the slide out pocket so that is permanently stored on the tail gate. It would only be as big as the tail gate but that's not a big loss to the idea. The sliders would have to be a little different to accommodate the folded under legs but I don't see that as bad at all or that much different than what you have already. They already make bottom mounted sliders that would allow you to make the table out of 3/4 inch plywood instead of steel plate which is heavy to disengage as you have it now. The sliders I mentioned are commonly used for drawer units installed in the back if SUV's or pickups.

Barefoot Life

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Orillia, ON, Canada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Horsley
Member #

Hello From Ontario Canada, My name is Dan and my wife is Cory. We own a stock (for now) 2018 Jeep JK Sahara unlimited and recently purchased a NO-BO 10.6 adventure trailer. We are new to the overland game but have been camping our whole lives and plan to expand our adventures to more remote places. Looking forward to finding new ways to satisfy our need for adventure with the help of this group!!IMG_1328.JPGIMG_1315.JPG

Grizzlyoverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Rapid City, SD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Heckel
Member #

Hey everyone. Robert here with Grizzly Overland. We are from Rapid City, SD we are recently new to the overlanding community. I have tons of camping and survival skills from the military just not a ton of it incorporated with using vehicles. Excited about our new adventures. here are a few pics of our rig.

Attachments

Hunting_Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nacogdoches, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Lindsey
Member #

Hi my names Cody. Im from a town called Nacogdoches Tx. Its located in the deep east texas pineywoods. My truck is a 01 tacoma double cab SR5 TRD. Just bought it last month so just getting my build started. My experience in overlanding is more from living out of my truck while im out hunting on public land.

Attachments

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Any reason you went with a Roof top tent instead of a camper shell? you you worry about your stuff getting dusty or muddy? Nice set up!

Rebelliousmustacio

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Any reason you went with a Roof top tent instead of a camper shell? you you worry about your stuff getting dusty or muddy? Nice set up!
I went with it because I never got the perspective of things getting dirty until recently. Hopefully it all works out. I haven't had any issues with things getting messy just yet. I have not done any long trips like the one I'm starting next week though. Fingers crossed i guess lol

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I went with it because I never got the perspective of things getting dirty until recently. Hopefully it all works out. I haven't had any issues with things getting messy just yet. I have not done any long trips like the one I'm starting next week though. Fingers crossed i guess lol
I guess you can always trap the stuff in the truck bed. I drive in mostly dust and It get everywhere.

Sonique Mon

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Dandenong South VIC, Australia
First Name
Monique
Last Name
Song
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7AYP
Just got my badge in the mail a few days ago. Glad to be part of the family. My name is Monique. Originally located in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Home rig is a JKU Rubicon Hardrock, named Noah. Intro and some trip posts: Noah - Monique Song

Currently exploring down under in a 100 series Landcruiser with the potential to bring it back to Canada once my Aussie stay is over.
UZJ100R V8 Petrol Landcruiser GXL. Named Altar: Altar - Monique Song

Overlanding Experience Background:
I'd say experienced in off-road driving, somewhat novice and new in overlanding / multi-day remote trips.

Hoping to get to know some groups in Australia since I basically know nobody here. As well as in my home bound Canada and US!
Still trying to navigate around the platform & figuring out how things work...

Last edited:

LARRY BATES

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
LARRY
Last Name
BATES
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Mountain Man
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello, Louisville Kentucky, I drive a 2018 rubicon, JKU. 3” lift, some what experienced in overlanding, I have done a couple trips out west and to Moab Utah. Mainly trail ride during summer and fall. 09F8D88D-135B-43EF-82AB-92DC068ED26E.jpeg

Misfit

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Saucedo
Hi Y'all
Sam from the L.A Area. I met some of y'all at the Rigs and Coffee meet ups.
Rig: Toyota Tacoma
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, mainly use my rig for interstate travel. Looking to find people to help me out with overlanding areas.