Last Name
McLaren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EBY
Service Branch
Firefighter/Paramedi
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!
Thanks for the heads up

Reactions: RiptydRick

SocalCruisin

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hartford
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I'm Greg Hartford, and I've just recently gotten in Overlanding. I was inspired by the Lifestyle Overland videos on YouTube. I love adventure and being outdoors, so I thought the Overlanding life was for me! I've just recently joined the Overland Bound community at Overland Expo West 2019, which was my first time at the expo! I look forward to being a part of the greater community and expanding my Overlanding knowledge, adventures, and sharing any insight I learn along the way with people who are just joining the community when I've gotten a little more experienced. Hoping to see you all out on the trails!

Current Vehicle: 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
Experience: Traveled to Yosemite NP, Zion NP, and Joshua Tree NP since getting into Overlanding over the past 6 months! This is my first experience with 4x4 travel.

ajbell

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Cornelius, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4UGY
Hi All

I am Andrew and I live near Charlotte North Carolina. I am from Northern Ireland but have been living in the US for 5 years now.

I have a stock 2011 Land Rover LR4 - this is my 3rd LR but I am thinking of moving to Toyota in the future.

I have done a few trails around Uwharrie with the local Landrover club CROC.
I am interested in overlanding / camping and expeditions with my wife and 2 sons (and spaniel Pyper)

LR.jpg

HGHRIDN

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Colonial Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Ristow
Member #

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Thank you.... I have a few local members who are a lot more knowledgeable about this than me..

Dodg3Ram

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Chehalis, WA, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Ward
Member #

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Awesome Thank you very much

dlstock

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Alpena, Alpena County, Michigan, United States
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Stockdale
Member #

Don Stockdale here, my wife Rebecca and I just returned from Overland Expo West 2019 where we had a fabulous time meeting new friends and fellow Overlanders. We joined Overland Bound (#18609) while at the expo and look forward to many more trips. Both Rebecca and I served in the USArmy for more than 10 years so overlanding is nothing new to us only the destinations and friends that we meet. Our current rig is a 2018 Wrangler JKU which handles both of us and our two favorite four legged friends Jazz and Belle. We hope to see you on the trails and if you ever need a beer look me up. I’m always willing to share...

Rig: 2018 Wrangler JKU
Experience: we have had a few but are always looking forward to meeting new people and learning new things

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hello Everyone!

Just joined the other day, happy to be hear and learn from this group! I would consider myself experienced off-road however I new to overlanding. My rig is a 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler 4 Door with all the basics (lift, tires, bumpers, winch and a RTT)

View attachment 99398
Welcome, all very BAD ASS Sir....

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

SierraATX

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

St James, NY, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Thank you Kent!
Once I get a bit more familiar with the site and forum, I will definitely reach out! Thanks for the advise!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hi All

I am Andrew and I live near Charlotte North Carolina. I am from Northern Ireland but have been living in the US for 5 years now.

I have a stock 2011 Land Rover LR4 - this is my 3rd LR but I am thinking of moving to Toyota in the future.

I have done a few trails around Uwharrie with the local Landrover club CROC.
I am interested in overlanding / camping and expeditions with my wife and 2 sons (and spaniel Pyper)

View attachment 99412
Hello, Lanlubber here. Me thinks your Rover will go where Toyotas fear to tread, Jack er up, give her a locker rear and head for no mans land. She'll be a getting you thar and back nicely.

Rvera

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Vera
Member #

Hey everyone. Thanks for the addition. Really excited to get this next chapter started and build out my new 2019 Tacoma. I have way to much planned for it so I'll try to keep the excitement at bay. P.s. I am pretty stoked about my member number because think It looks like the front of vehicle. 20190522_195259.jpeg

Adewynewy

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Campbell, CA, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Newman
Member #

Hello OB Community,

I live and work in the bay area but always looking for a reason to escape. I would love to fine a group of like minded people that would join in on some adventures together.
GOPR0320 (2).JPGGOPR0335.JPG

2018 2500 Ram, AEV Conversion to 37" with 3" dualsport suspension, Four Wheel Camper (Hawk)
Overlanding Experience: I am pretty new to overlanding; however, Very capable on a dirtbike.

MannyL4227

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Manny
Last Name
Landaverde
A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! Sorry rig is in transit-I take delivery tomorrow :fearscream:

2) Location (General area is fine) OKC, but I began my overlanding career in Fresno, CA-Thus, Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and Sequoia National park were my venture grounds.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) 2019 FORD F-150 (coming off a totaled 2017 TOYO TACO)-I had to up-size due to family joining me at times.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) Somewhat experienced, I know my way around the mech/equipment-but not lone wolf yet.

Equipment on the old truck:
2017 TOYOTA TACO TRD off road
TRD stock wheels (blck) 33in Falken Wildpeaks (A/T) mostly for mixed on road/off road use. (sold)
Prinsu roof rack (sold)
FOX 2.0 shocks (front) Rear (stock)-Did this to level to the rig

Equipment on the NEW rig
2019 FORD F-150 ecoboost (LEADFOOT)
XLT 4x4
Leveling kit (going to FOX 2.0) or do a full Icon stage 3
FORD performance wheels in 33in Michellin A/T (stock).

**I look forward to once again exploring the outdoors.99946

Last edited: